Angry Birds on BlackBerry Anyone? | WirelessGround.com Blog

How much stock should we put in this blogpost?

Not gonna lie, it got me a little excited...
    11-08-10 08:01 AM
    I'm not going to get too excited. This is the first I've heard of it even coming across to BlackBerry. Usually with something like this, it picks up a bit more momentum a lot quicker then shown here...shame though.
    11-08-10 08:11 AM
    I think this is the closest we are going to get for now...

11-08-10 08:50 AM
    Would be nice, I'd love to have a decent time waster on this phone for once lol... That site could use a spell check:

"Thanks to the developers—Rovio—BlackBerry owners will not tbe left out."
    11-08-10 09:10 AM
    That's a funny one, Ben, that's.... that's the first time I have seen that Angry Birds BlackBerry parody, very original and fresh too. So Fresh. It's funny because a lot of people don't think BlackBerry is for games and only for messaging, and here you have taken this stereotype and spun it so that games are even displayed in messaging format. So clever and witty... and FRESH too.
    Last edited by Sumantix; 11-08-10 at 09:16 AM.
    11-08-10 09:10 AM
    I played a bit on a friends Droid the other day and I had a blast. I like to see this on my Torch for sure.
    11-08-10 09:44 AM
    I severely doubt Angry Birds is coming to BlackBerry. Rovio has shown ZERO INTEREST in the BlackBerry platform. Not because there isnt a user base but because the tools to make such a game on BlackBerry are a nightmare to use.

Dadly until better tools are available for development dont count on it. The Playbook would stand a much greater chance of getting it before any BB device would
    11-08-10 11:17 AM
    I severely doubt Angry Birds is coming to BlackBerry.

11-08-10 12:02 PM
    Rickroller, I love that picture! Angry Birds is fun, though. But, if you spend 80% of your time playing that, something's wrong with that picture.
    11-08-10 12:57 PM
    If there's enough interest developers would put up with bad tools because money is money and the userbase obviously exists and is very large. It's more or less guaranteed the game would be a top seller... Like they actually wouldn't make back their development costs + a bunch of profit? Yeah right...

So either they don't actually think there's enough interest or they are too lazy to do it.
    11-08-10 12:57 PM
    I severely doubt Angry Birds is coming to BlackBerry. Rovio has shown ZERO INTEREST in the BlackBerry platform. Not because there isnt a user base but because the tools to make such a game on BlackBerry are a nightmare to use.

Dadly until better tools are available for development dont count on it.
    I have heard this argument before and I don't know how true it can be. There are few great games on the BlackBerry but some really stand out. I was showing Pinball Deluxe to a colleague of mine who's a iPhone 4 user and he couldn't believe what a great game it was. If a company was able to create a game like Pinball Deluxe, would it really be so amazingly difficult to create a game like Angry Birds on the BlackBerry?
    11-08-10 07:10 PM
    I heard only a few things from hybrid developers, those being: harder to developer, and costs more to register your app into app world. But, the registration cost may be a moot point, or should be.
    11-08-10 07:23 PM
    For a game like angry birds the registration cost definitely would be a non factor...

It would be stupid easy to recoup those costs...
    11-08-10 07:26 PM
    The only obstacle then is difficulty in writing for BlackBerry. One has to wonder how tightly does RIM, or app world rather, holds the reins. I've heard how Apple has a tight rein on their app store; I'm wondering if it's the same with RIM.
    11-08-10 07:40 PM
    Not even close. Basically as long as they don't do something like use blackberry logos are use the word "berry" in the name, they're good.

The dev tools are not as good, but I have a very, very hard time believing they couldn't make it work (not like this is the most complicated game either)....

More like they just don't want to, which is money lost on laziness.
    11-08-10 07:55 PM
    One of the reasons why I still carry my iPod Touch. The games and entertainment factor is great. That leaves my BB for business only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 07:56 PM
    I do the same, Ipod touch for fun and BB for business.
    11-09-10 02:43 AM
    That's a funny one, Ben, that's.... that's the first time I have seen that Angry Birds BlackBerry parody, very original and fresh too. So Fresh. It's funny because a lot of people don't think BlackBerry is for games and only for messaging, and here you have taken this stereotype and spun it so that games are even displayed in messaging format. So clever and witty... and FRESH too.
    For some reason I detect a hint of sarcasm there. Anyone else? Or was it just me? Hahah!
    11-09-10 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD