There I was,...at my local Best Buy,...and,...and I nearly pulled the trigger on that $0.00 cost BB 9800! What a deal? That is crazy wicked. The only thing it will cost me is a 12-month ETF from T-Mo and activation fee. But wait, there's more! My holdback is because AT&T's plan will suck the life out of my wallet,....to get any near what T-Mo offers me on my 9700 will cost me easily $30 more per month. I have to ask myself,...is this newer BB worth the extra $30 per/mo cost?

....thus far, apparently not! Man,...I hate AT&T's plans!
    12-21-10 07:52 PM
    Yea but ATT has good coverage everywhere and its still cheaper than Verizon. I know people with TMO who don't have the best coverage.
    12-21-10 08:16 PM
    Get the 9780

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 08:30 PM
    Call them and see if you can negotiate a better deal.

12-21-10 10:21 PM
    I love my Torch, and it is worth the upgrade in my opinion from a bold 9700, but an extra 30 a month is a bit steep.
    Try negotiating with AT&T like Masahiro said, and tell them your current plan with T-Mobile and ask if they have anything that could come close to matching that. Has worked for me before.

12-21-10 10:51 PM
    AT&T > T-Mo as far as coverage goes, besides isn't that what you should be basing your decision on? Where I live Verizon and AT&T are the only ones with coverage in my area. Love seeing friends that come up from the city and have T-Mo and cant even make a call.
    12-22-10 08:22 AM
    I made the switch form t-mob to at&t last night, taking advantage of the best buy torch deal ($0.00) (grabbed 2 on a fam plan) The etf was well worth being able to make phone calls inside stores lol. Im paying about the same as i was on t-mob. It was a no brainer!
    12-22-10 09:15 AM
    @ Harry_Yambag,...I did it! I switched from T-Mo back to AT&T! After visiting Best Buy on 4 separate occasions,...and the AT&T Store twice,...I decided to go ahead and get the Torch,...and get some use out of it before it becomes outdated! LOL!. I'm going through the backup/restore process as I type.

@ Homer1475,...Well, it appears that the first thing I have lsot in the switch from T-Mo to AT&T is my home residence 3G service. The best I can get at the moment is an EDGE connection! So much for AT&T's 3G coverage being,...everywhere!
    12-22-10 07:41 PM
    I would guess that bandwidth is being sucked down by the level of network traffic. Both AT&T and TMO are GSM networks just different frequencies.

Glad that you decided to pull the trigger. Hope you give the Torch a REAL try for a fair amount of time to see if it is for you.
    12-22-10 09:23 PM
    I actually work for Best Buy and was waiting patiently....ok maybe not so patiently for my upgrade. Finally, got it last weekend, free upgrade to an awesome phone, couldn't ask for anything more! It had been free for a week or two before and I was just hoping it stayed free until my upgrade hit lol. I would've payed the upgrade price but nothing is better than "free".
    12-22-10 09:27 PM
    @ Harry_Yambag,...I did it! I switched from T-Mo back to AT&T! After visiting Best Buy on 4 separate occasions,...and the AT&T Store twice,...I decided to go ahead and get the Torch,...and get some use out of it before it becomes outdated! LOL!. I'm going through the backup/restore process as I type.

@ Homer1475,...Well, it appears that the first thing I have lsot in the switch from T-Mo to AT&T is my home residence 3G service. The best I can get at the moment is an EDGE connection! So much for AT&T's 3G coverage being,...everywhere!
    Glad to see you stepped up!

Sucks you don't get 3G in your house but thats an easy fix. WIFI! You wont miss 3G when your blazin away on wifi lol. I have 3G at home but use my wifi since its faster.
    12-23-10 09:13 AM
    You could have bought it outright and still used it on T-mo's network. Of course you still wouldn't have 3g, so it comes down to who has the better coverage for your area. I personally use 2G all day and notice no difference browsing on 2G then on 3G.

From what I hear from my friends that are on T-Mo, their customer service blows. AT&T have always been super nice and understanding whenever I have the need to call them(Might help I've been a customer since 89ish). One thing that helps with customer service is always be nice and polite even if your fuming. You have to realize there not the ones causing your problem but the ones trying to help you out, and even if they can't help its typically because its an AT&T policy and not theirs.
    12-23-10 09:25 AM
    @ Harry_Yambag,...believe it or not, I now catch a 3G signal,...as it wavers in and out. So, I must be on the edge of AT&T's 3G coverage for this area. Hence the reason I have a very strong "EDGE" connection. What gets me is that the 3G signal has 4-5 bars,...when it does connect.

@ Homer1475,..there's no way I'd pay full retail for anyone's cellphone and those that do are just plain crazy,...especially when it's going to be crippled on another carrier's service.

For me, the $0.00 cost at Best Buy was a steal for a feature laden smartphone as the Torch! I also discovered that since I'm a veteran (served 29.5 yrs in the Marine Corps), I can apply for a 15% discount on service from AT&T. Whatever AT&T approves will offset the difference in cost with T-MO.

Lastly, I'm sure by next year this time the playing field will look much different than it does today. I'm sure RIM will have a 4G (LTE) smartphone by then. I say an LTE version since RIMS's biggest carrier AT&T and Verizon 4G infrastructure will be LTE. Plus, T-Mo will have their act together with HSPA+ and I just may return to T-Mo. Yeah,...I know that my loyalty to a carrier sucks,...but I choose to spend my $$$ where they go the farthest.

Cheers.....
    12-23-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD