What's up CB. I just got a Torch and love it. Not sure if I have a problem or just a setting issue. I'm very familiar with the Blackberry device. I've had a few already and worked for at&t. Here's my issue. I've set my alarm clock for 5:15am every morning and it does sound and wake me up. But it doesn't wake me up to the sound I've selected and saved. I've saved "evolving seaside" as my tune but I wake up to a buzzing alarm. I've tested this by changing my alarm to ring while I was awake and it alarmed me with "evolving seaside" but when I set it to actually wake up with it, it wakes me up with the buzzing alarm sound. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 07:41 AM
    In the clock options do you have your alarm tone set in that also?

Clock > options
    11-30-10 07:48 AM
    In the clock options do you have your alarm tone set in that also?

Clock > options
    Yes sir. Is there another place to set it? I choose the tone and "try it" and works. But I don't wake up to it. 2 nights in a row already. I may try clearing the alarm database on dtm. Unless someone has another suggestion.

11-30-10 08:11 AM
    Out of curiosity, do you set bedside mode when you go to bed?

I would check the sound profile for bedside mode. Might be messing with you. If the profile is different from what the alarm says, I think the profile wins on conflict. Try setting the profile and alarm in the clock option as the same
    11-30-10 08:39 AM
    Bedside Mode says "Active Profile" with Disable LED and Dim Screen selected. Disable Radio is not selected.
    11-30-10 08:42 AM
    BTW, I don't use beside mode. I just put the phone on silent.
    11-30-10 08:44 AM
    BTW, I don't use beside mode. I just put the phone on silent.
    There's your problem. Check your "Silent" profile. BTW have you tried a battery pull to reset the device? Just odd it worked and out of the blue it stopped.
    11-30-10 09:23 AM
    I dont think the Silent Profile has anything to do with it. If it's silent, the alarm clock should trump it since it "has" to alert the person. The sound profiles dont include "alarm" as something to edit. I just tested it now to alarm me and it worked as it should. We'll see tomorrow morning I guess. I also cleared the alarm database from dtm and added it brand new. We'll see..
    11-30-10 09:54 AM
    Maybe you're not waking up as soon as the alarm goes off? Evolving Seaside eventually 'evolves' into a buzzer.
    11-30-10 10:02 AM
    Maybe you're not waking up as soon as the alarm goes off? Evolving Seaside eventually 'evolves' into a buzzer.
    Good idea, forgot about that since I use evolving dream and wake up way before it gets to the buzzer part.
    11-30-10 10:04 AM
    It could be... Never though of that lol..... I'll try it later and post my findings.. Gonna update to .337 now. Thanks again..
    11-30-10 10:31 AM
    Will the alarm work if the phone is switched off ?I tried twice with the phone switched off it didn't give me a wake me up.

11-30-10 11:31 AM
    For azeter, my BB's have always turned back on in the morning if my alarm is in fact set for that morning. If the alarm is set, when you turn the device off, it should display a message stating something like "device will power on at date and time" of your alarm settings.
    11-30-10 12:01 PM
    u could always just try to set an alarm from 1 minute from now and see what happens. it's probably better than having to wake up at 5am and immediately decipher what's going on (since that might be a problem here) lol..

#justsayin
    11-30-10 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD