I was wondering if anyone has purchased either the AGF Art Shell or Otterbox? If so, is one better than the other?
    08-12-10 11:05 AM
    Art Shell was pretty bad, I'd go with anything else.

Sorry, I couldn't help it -- I really haven't used either product, so I can't make a recommendation.
    08-12-10 11:19 AM
    AGF's BlackBerry Torch GRT Case is poor quality, poor fit and finish, poor design, poor esthetics...

such as obvious seam between the two parts of the bottom section, colors do not complement the device, no obvious method to open/close the device such as a grip, difficult to put together, difficult to slide...

And all for around $40. The concept is good but the end result is bad. And yes I purchased one at the ATT store yesterday and hate it more and more by the minute...

I do hope the OtterBox is a better product
    08-14-10 04:27 PM
    I have the ottrerbox. The piece that covers the body of the phone is nice and protective. The front piece is cheap feeling and can cause problrms typing until you get used to it. It makes the phone feel larger overall but I don't mind. I like the case and it gets the job done. The price is high, but I needed something to protect my phone. So I would definitely recommend the otterbox but it's not perfect and has a high price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 04:37 PM
    i had my iphone 3G on an incase hard case for 1 yr 11 months.
    and the last month i finally decided to go Naked..
    all i can say the last months was the BEST..
    too bad i sold it to get a Bold 9000.
    now with the torch.. i have it on a leather case..
    happy with it so far
    08-14-10 04:41 PM
    I have the otterbox case and I like it. It does add a little bit of bulk, but I think it's well worth it for the protection factor. Generally I toss my phone into my purse, so a belt case doesn't do it for me. Hard case and screen protector are what I look for.

I agree that the front piece seems a little flimsy if you pop it on and off, but really I don't see how much better it could be. It's such a small area to protect (just the edge of the slider), hence the plastic is very slim.

There are rubber plugs built in for all the exposed areas for input...mini usb, headphone jack, etc. and it seems to work well.

My only complaint is that I got stuck with pink accents on my black case because that's all that was in stock when I bought my phone
    08-14-10 08:46 PM
    I boight the agf protector. I like it a lot but it does get some getting used to cause the faceplate makes it a little difficult to type with the top row and use the trackpad but I'm used to it already. It made my wiggle go away and I think the chrome color looks great. My co worker already complimented me on it I believe the slider mechanism is supported with this case so once the torch two comes out I'm sure my phone will still look brand new and I'd be able to sell it

08-14-10 09:59 PM
    I finally went to ATT store today and ended up buying the AGF case. I compared both out of the box and the AGF definitely looked better than the Otter.
    08-14-10 11:05 PM
    Ordered rubberized case from wirefly.....comes in black, blue, red, pink & clear

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Skins and Gels -Guaranteed Compatible! -Wirefly 59029
    08-15-10 01:40 AM
    AGF case is too bulky on screen part. My fingernails slam into it across the top row of keyboard. It inhibits the sliding operation. Can't wait for some new cases to hit.

08-15-10 05:41 AM
    I have the otter box commuter case. I have used otterbox for my curve, iphone 3g, iphone 3gs and bold 9700. Some people are turned off by the thickness of it, but I find that you quickly get used to it. While others are dropping their naked phones and scratching them, I am always protected. Buy this case especially if you are one of those people who put their phone in their lap when they drive, and get out the car and constantly watch their device fall to the ground!!!
    08-15-10 06:47 AM
    I am in the process of modifying the slider portion of the AGF $33.00 case. Can't believe 2 slivers of plastic costs 33 bucks, what a shame.....anyway, during my 3 days of post purchase product testing a development that OBVIOUSLY AGF skipped during the development of this sub-par product, I have learned that a simple shaving across the bottom portion of the slider case will eliminate the problem regarding top row keyboard blockage.....AGF: you can thank me later.
    08-15-10 11:01 AM
    Otterbox is the way to go....as of right now I'm using it I'm hoping that they come out with a defender series since I have dropped all my phones wuth an otterbox around it and not even blinked an eye!! They protect the best and as of high price do you want to spend 50 now or 120 if you have insurance later when you brake it???

08-15-10 11:10 AM
    I can definitely see a Defender Series for this phone, a ONE piece one also. I wish I could draw it out for you, but try to imagine, a one piece giant hunk of a rubberized/plastic shell and the top opens, allowing for the slider to slide out of a slit opening. then somehow have a half piece on the top of the slider portion to protect that half for when it is slid open. Im sure they can think of it. C-mon otterbox
    08-15-10 11:18 AM
    I was wondering if anyone has purchased either the AGF Art Shell or Otterbox? If so, is one better than the other?
    I went to ATT store and purchased casemate. I like it as was not asbeefy as Otterbx and AGF. Easy to install and works great. Looks cool

08-15-10 05:12 PM
    Casemate was my choice as well. Doesn't add bulk and is stable and sleek.
    08-15-10 06:43 PM
    Which case mate did you guys buy? The purple one for 29.99 or the chrome 39.99? If the chrome 39.99 can you guys show pics and also how you managed to get the faceplate on it!!!
    08-16-10 12:44 AM
    I got a purple case-mate Thursday when I bought the phone (haven't even seen the AGF) and pretty much loathed it within 24 hours. It looks cool but unless I'm a total ***** the top part wouldn't stay on. It kept popping off. It's going back. I got the Otterbox case today and love it. I had an Otterbox Commuter case on my 9700 and being a klutz, I felt much more comfortable with the Otterbox on that and really secure with it on my Torch.
    I'll rock this for a while, I'm sure, at least until Seidio comes up with something.
    08-16-10 02:08 AM
    Mine is a black CaseMate. It's sort of rubbery feeling.

Here's a link to it:
    Case-Mate Black Patterned Soft Shell - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T
    08-16-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD