I was with a friend today and the IPhone does everything better than the torch. He can watch anything on his when I tried to download flash my phone said it's not the right format. And quicktime is a apple app. Why can't we get flash?
    Last edited by Franksterp69; 10-21-10 at 06:10 PM.
    10-21-10 05:59 PM
    Flash is not available for BB yet and will never be on an iphone.
    10-21-10 06:02 PM
    Flash not being supported by the Torch is old news. If Quicktime was important to you, as well as playing video games on your phone, then yes, you should've just gotten the iPhone. Then you guys could at least compare wallpapers to see who's was cooler (as well as differentiate between the two if they got thrown into a pile of a bunch of other iPhones).

My advice...go to Craigslist and find one of the many people looking to trade their iPhone for a Torch. Then you and you're homies are all set. You could even get matching beret's and come up with a secret handshake.
    10-21-10 06:05 PM
    talked to a Blackberry rep today.. he said flash will be avlailable in the coming months.. with is old news as well..
    10-21-10 06:16 PM
    I talked to the lead Torch engineer, Tommy Torch and he said Flash will never be supported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 07:29 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not available on the iPhone either and not even the iPad.
    10-21-10 08:08 PM
    It's been posted a few times here that flash will never be on the iphone or ipad.
    10-21-10 08:22 PM
    lol which is the main reason why i left the Iphone. I was so intreged by blackberry's but never got one, always had to have what was new and cool. but as a sat there staring at the iphone 3GS i had i started realizing how limited i was with it. So glad i made the switch.
    10-22-10 07:48 AM
    Flash not being supported by the Torch is old news. If Quicktime was important to you, as well as playing video games on your phone, then yes, you should've just gotten the iPhone. Then you guys could at least compare wallpapers to see who's was cooler (as well as differentiate between the two if they got thrown into a pile of a bunch of other iPhones).

My advice...go to Craigslist and find one of the many people looking to trade their iPhone for a Torch. Then you and you're homies are all set. You could even get matching beret's and come up with a secret handshake.
    Rick in the first place I didn't ask for your advice but I see you have something to say on all post. I hope I can be as smart as you when I get bigger.. There's always someone who knows everything about everything and Rick your one of them. People like you make me sick......
    10-23-10 12:32 PM
    Always cracks me up when people post questions in an open forum and then say they didn't ask for peoples opinions.

10-23-10 02:13 PM
    Always cracks me up when people post questions in an open forum and then say they didn't ask for peoples opinions.

Who's rick your boyfriend? You can give a opinion without being a smart ***..
    10-23-10 02:19 PM

You defend the torch like it's your sister, get a life fool it's just a phone. Take Rick out to a movie or something, maybe you will get lucky and it will keep you off the forum for a while. IT'S JUST A PHONE...
    10-23-10 02:25 PM
    Who's rick your boyfriend? You can give a opinion without being a smart ***..
    ^Lol..alright..I'll start out by saying I apologize if i was dooshie to you. I figured you were just another one hit wonder in here to rant about how good the iPhone was, but I can see you're an actual user. But if I may ask..why did you choose the Torch over the iPhone? (just asking out of curiousity)
    10-23-10 02:26 PM
    ^Lol..alright..I'll start out by saying I apologize if i was dooshie to you. I figured you were just another one hit wonder in here to rant about how good the iPhone was, but I can see you're an actual user. But if I may ask..why did you choose the Torch over the iPhone? (just asking out of curiousity)
    OK I'm sorry also, I shouldn't be like that. I've had a Blackberry phone for the last 3 yrs. I've tried other one's but like the blackberry. Flash is no big deal but it would be nice, it's not worth giving my torch up over. BTW it runs alot better with the new upgrade . The 141 or whatever wasn't to good but I like it better with the new upgrade. I love the torch I wouldn't trade it. I apologize to you also John like I say I'm not like that. Hope to get that behind us and start from new....Take care..............
    10-23-10 02:35 PM

And it always cracks me up that as soon as someone says something just slightly negative about a blackberry, everyone pulls their little hissy fits.

10-23-10 02:37 PM
    OK I'm sorry also, I shouldn't be like that. I've had a Blackberry phone for the last 3 yrs. I've tried other one's but like the blackberry. Flash is no big deal but it would be nice, it's not worth giving my torch up over. BTW it runs alot better with the new upgrade . The 141 or whatever wasn't to good but I like it better with the new upgrade. I love the torch I wouldn't trade it. I apologize to you also John like I say I'm not like that. Hope to get that behind us and start from new....Take care..............
    Agreed. And yes..the new upgrade (whether .246 or .284) is much better than the stock OS .141 that RIM released..and it's only going to get better. Glad you're enjoying the phone more..and hopefully for some Flash will come (although I could care less..it doesnt affect any of the websites I frequent).
    10-23-10 02:39 PM
    No prob Frank...thought twice about stirring the pot but did it anyway maybe next time I'll listen to my shoulder angel

10-23-10 02:52 PM
    No prob Frank...thought twice about stirring the pot but did it anyway maybe next time I'll listen to my shoulder angel
    Maybe I'll word it a little better next time. Glad that's all over with...I like this forum and I've learned a lot from it. There's some nice people on here. Sorry for the missunderstanding. LOL, I know what you mean theres times when I think should I say some think or not, and the little devil in us makes us do it... Later guys, take care....
    10-23-10 03:29 PM
    Ok... So not having flash sucks but oh well. It's a BB! I have both a BB curve 8530 and an ipod touch 2G. Love them both. Actually I don't really care what name it is just love new technology and the advances we are making in it. Forums are great, I like learning from others experiences and reviews on products/services. Thanks for sharing, but let's stick with actual facts and not rumors or insults.=)

10-23-10 10:25 PM
    Lol this is all pretty hilarious if you ask me! First we have a legit question, followed by THE PERFECT responce lmao! Then a little bit of hurt ego mixed with some random english... And THEN... Everybody stars kissing and hugging ROFL!! Then to sum it all up we have the carebear at the end HA!! You guys crack me up!!

Posted from my CrackBerry TORCH at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1curve, 2worlds, 1Bold9000, and a Torch later and still goin strong!

10-24-10 07:05 AM

LMFAO!!! thats funny
    10-24-10 08:50 AM
    Adobe Max 2010 starts today. Perfect place for an announcement of a release?

10-25-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD