Sometimes I get this additional blackberry logo beside my 3G and EDGE signal indicator just like in the picture.

When I'm connected to 3G, i get: (BB logo) 3G (BB logo)

When I'm connected to EDGE, i get: (BB logo) EDGE

And I'm not connected to wifi.

Never seen this before on my previous Bold 9000.

Only get it about maybe 20% of the time.

Anyone has any idea what it means?
    12-03-10 07:11 PM
    You're getting double the BB service? Heh.

Actually, I'd chalk it up to a theme error. Which theme are you using?
    12-03-10 07:37 PM
    Oh, ok. Was really hoping for something else like I'm connected to supercharged BIS or something.

Anyway, I'm using Simplified theme I won from Crackberry.
    12-03-10 07:45 PM
    That icon just means you are able to access certain services (Like Blackberry services) if it's lit up. If you got the manual, it's on page 210
    aridnie likes this.
    12-03-10 07:46 PM
    I don't have the Simplified theme, but see if you can activate the default (boring) theme or a free theme you enjoy if only for a while to see if the icon appears twice there, too.

As soon as you know, I'd contact the developer of Simplified to let them know it might be their issue.

A supercharged BIS? Like 5G? That'd be sweet. Redundancy and everything to ensure there's never an outage.
    12-03-10 08:02 PM
    Ok, I've changed back to the default theme. Let's see if I'll the get the double BB logo again.
    12-04-10 06:35 AM
    I occassionally get this double logo also and am on a different theme. I never noticed any difference in performance so I assume its not important. Maybe a theme builder issue ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 09:52 AM
    I too have seen this but it doesn't bother me. I've noticed it one more than one theme.
    12-04-10 10:00 AM
    ive never seen this on my torch but i will be on the look out now
    12-04-10 10:56 AM
    Ive never seen that on any Blackberry....supercharged BIS would be sweet lol
    12-04-10 11:03 AM
    . Maybe a theme builder issue?
    That's my guess too. Seems like the BIS icon is quite flaky on custom themes. In adidition to the issue in the OP, I've noticed that the BIS icon on the homescreen often is absent - even if I have a connection (according to service staus screen)

12-04-10 12:45 PM
    That icon just means you are able to access certain services (Like Blackberry services) if it's lit up. If you got the manual, it's on page 210

How do you get the manual? I did not receive one with everything in box.
    12-04-10 01:38 PM
    I'm using the standard "OEM" theme and the symbol's there,in between the wi-fi and 2G/3G signal indicator.

12-04-10 01:51 PM
    If you're connected to wifi, if the BB symbol shows beside the wifi symbol means you're connected to BIS through wifi. That's normal.

It's when you're not connected to wifi, the additional BB symbol shouldn't be there.

I'm using the standard "OEM" theme and the symbol's there,in between the wi-fi and 2G/3G signal indicator.

12-04-10 04:55 PM
    How do you get the manual? I did not receive one with everything in box.
    I didnt either. Here is the link
    12-04-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD