Does anyone know how to make Gmail IMAP? I do not like the App version and want it live and all messages that are in my inbox on the web to be on my Torch. Most of the instructions I have found on the web are out-of-date since the OS has been updated, etc. The Google.com instructions are to add it as any other account via BB Setup but this does not make it true IMAP.
    05-20-11 06:55 AM
    There is no way that I know of. Has to act like a pop3 address, where as you only get new mail as it arrives.
    05-20-11 06:58 AM
    When adding the address from the BIS web-site. head to advances settings. the imap server is < imap.gmail.com > (no brackets). Mail server type is IMAP. the port is 993. set the timeout to 120 seconds, and make sure to check the SSL box...

this will not push old messages from your inbox to your device, only affect new mail after the settings change...

if you want to push old email to your device -> from the gmail web site, move all the messages you want pused to the device to a folder, different from the inbox. mark them as unread, and them move them back into the inbox...
    05-20-11 08:23 AM
    I have tried this. I can send messages, but cannot receive. I have IMAP active in gmail settings.
    05-20-11 08:32 AM
    I have tried this. I can send messages, but cannot receive. I have IMAP active in gmail settings.
    probablly should have mentioned that in your first post....

Don't know what to tell you then... i have my gmail in outlook 2007 and synced with my device, not sure if that makes a difference.... have you tried with a different address? do you have this address registered on another mobile devices?
    05-20-11 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD