I noticed that when I am exploring the media card, if I select a folder or file, there is an icon at the botttom that says "Add Favorite". If I click that, it asks if I want to add the file or folder as a Favorite. If I say yes, however, I can't see that it saves anywhere. I assumed it would add a shortcut to the "Favorites" screen, or at least save it to a folder named "favorites" or something. Instead, I don't see that it does anything at all.

There is also another grayed-out icon next to it, which looks like two boxes with an arrow. That icon never seems to light up.

Anyone know what this stuff is for?
    11-04-10 11:33 PM
    Bumping this up, still need an answer, if anyone has one...
    11-06-10 12:29 PM
    I noticed that when I am exploring the media card, if I select a folder or file, there is an icon at the botttom that says "Add Favorite". If I click that, it asks if I want to add the file or folder as a Favorite. If I say yes, however, I can't see that it saves anywhere.
    I believe this function only works for the "Files" application, which you would find in Home Screen -> Applications -> Files. If you add the file as a favorite it should list it on the home screen of the Files app under favorites. It does not make it a favorite anywhere else. That way you can go to the files app, and quickly select your "favorites" items. mehhh... Surely they should have made this feature better.

There is also another grayed-out icon next to it, which looks like two boxes with an arrow. That icon never seems to light up.
    I'm not sure what the boxes are for either. bump
    11-06-10 12:39 PM
    Ah, OK, thanks. I never saw the "files" application--guess that's new with the OS?

Glad it exists--it was a real pain getting to the files previously. I think the "box" icon is used for "copy", but it doesn't seem to light up when a file is selected.
    11-06-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD