I'm still in awe over the 9900 bringing back the form-factor of the old 9000 in a modern unit but I really wonder if RIM will get their third touch-only phone right. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Monaco/whatever actually was the charm & what the original Storm should have been? If T-Mobile USA got this & the 9900, I think I may have a hard time deciding between the two devices, at least at first. Logic would dictate given how untrusting I have been in the past of touch-only devices that I should go with the 9900, but I wonder if in the future all phones will be touch anyway, and if I should just get used to it.

What do you think? Anyone who has extensive use of both the Storm line & the Bold line (as well as Torch users who try to use only the screen) want to chime in?
    06-12-11 05:05 PM
    I'm honestly torn between the two myself, but I think I'm leaning towards the 9930. I had a storm and storm2 and always loved touch devices. But, when my storm2 started falling apart I got a refurb bold9650 online. Now I love the keyboard but still dislike the small screen.

I feel as though the 99Xx screen will be big enough and be the best of all BB worlds (large touchscreen, keyboard, thin device), but I'm not putting the Monaco out yet! I feel as though both devices will release on similar dates on Verizon, so I'm gonna test both and see which I like better.
    06-12-11 06:51 PM
    After using a Storm, Storm2, and unfortunately, back to a Storm, i don't think I can go back to a devide with a keyboard.

Beyond that, I've never been a fan of the keyboard on the Bold devices and I much preferred the keyboard on the Curve devices. I don't like how the keys on the Bold are right up against eachother. The curve keyboard have each key as a separate piece on the device. When playing with the two, I had a much easier time on the curve than the Bold.

as long as the touchscreen works as its supposed to, I think it will be just fine. I had/have no problem typing on my storm devices and no problem when typing on my ipod touch, which I presume will be the most simliar to the monaco/monza as they finally got rid of the screen click.
    06-13-11 10:47 AM
    I love my 9790's keyboard, but I miss the suretype keayboard from my 8120. I'm really looking forward to the Monaco/Monza as(at least its rumored) it will have the suretype keayboard when in portrait mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 08:43 PM
    I've used both the Storm and Storm2. I recently bought a Bold 9650 and couldn't stand the small screen. I think the Monaco is going to be a great device with specs that actually stack up to the competition. Also, the Monaco will be billed as RIM's multimedia device, compared to the Bold Touch which is more of their flagship/business phone.
    06-25-11 01:23 AM
    Monaco. Hopefully on T-mobile. I'm ready to jump from VZW. HSPA+ - would make for a really nice experience.
    06-25-11 06:51 AM
    Yeah I'm torn between the new bold or the Monaco. I love my storm 2 (even thought its staring to get weird on me) but i would like to have a keyboard on my phone too. I wish i could get the torch but I'm stuck with Verizon.
    06-25-11 08:53 AM
    Monaco...or Torch 2. I prefer the Monaco though. I too have used a S1 and S2 and now a Torch. I need the big screen no matter what.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

06-25-11 09:30 AM
    I don't really like writing on a tiny keyboard 99xx 97xx etc, so I'm still hoping for the Touch to come out soon, and I don't like the slider phones neither as they become too big when you open it as the Torch 98xx, what is the point of having keyboard and touch screen together...
    06-25-11 01:34 PM
    What do you think? Anyone who has extensive use of both the Storm line & the Bold line (as well as Torch users who try to use only the screen) want to chime in?
    I only ever use the touch screen on the Torch and it makes me feel like this:
    07-03-11 01:35 PM
    Now that I have a playbook for most of my multimedia needs the hard keyboard of the 9930 will give me the best of both worlds IMO.
    07-03-11 04:33 PM
    I'm really looking forward to the Monaco/Monza as(at least its rumored) it will have the suretype keayboard when in portrait mode.

And where have you see these rumors?? This is the first I have heard that.
    07-05-11 06:58 AM
    I only ever use the touch screen on the Torch and it makes me feel like this:
    HaHaHa, I use to love good ol Ren and Stimpy

Happy happy, joy joy
    07-05-11 07:34 AM
    9860, thank-you.
    07-05-11 10:36 PM
    I have a Storm 1 and a PlayBook and I am due to replace my Storm soon. Since getting the PlayBook, I rarely use any of the apps on the Storm and use the Bridge browser on the PlayBook to browse the web.

Im leaning towards the 99xx, but its always nice to have a bigger screen. Maybe the Torch 2 is what ill end up getting.
    07-07-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD