Hi everyone. So a few weeks ago my blackberry Torch 9860 started having difficulty switching on. The load bar, the white line you see when you switch on a blackberry phone, would only load about 70% and remain there indefinitely. I tried taking out the battery for a while and putting it back in but it wouldn�t help. It would not connect with blackberry desktop software(BBDS). So I searched online and decided its best I completely re-install my OS. I tried to wipe it with blackberry swiss knife(BBSK), but even it wouldn�t recognise that it was connected to my PC. So it tried with JL_Cmder utility. After several attempts JL_Cmder was able to pick it up, so I decided to wipe it without backing it up, I didn�t really care about the data. It was now able to be recognised by BBSK and BBDS, so I wiped it with BBSK for good measure. I downloaded OS 7.1, installed it and removed the vendor file as advised. BBSK displays � No OS found, please install an OS for your phone � when I press on load OS, but BBDS has OS 7.1 for 9860 on its installed blackberry device software list. I also tried using loader.exe but it didn�t work. With BBDS it gives me the option to update the OS but the download stops before it begins saying there is an error with my internet connection.
    where did I go wrong, what should I do now?
    05-02-14 12:42 PM
    reperform the whole operation with bbsak,
    its not detecting your phone, because your pc doesn't have .net framework install on it. install it, then let me know
    05-02-14 12:50 PM
    i said after wiping with JL_Cmder it was now detected by bbsak.. let me try install .net framework and see what will happen
    05-03-14 03:27 PM
    i installed .net framework, it gave me the option to repair it and i did. But still bbsak cant find any OS
    05-04-14 01:19 PM
    I downloaded OS 7.1, installed it and removed the vendor file as advised.
    There may be two vendor.xml files, which is why the Desktop Software isn't seeing the already installed OS on your computer.
    Quick Tip: Updating your BlackBerry to a different carrier's OS? Make sure you delete BOTH vendor files | CrackBerry.com
    05-05-14 12:04 PM
    There may be two vendor.xml files, which is why the Desktop Software isn't seeing the already installed OS on your computer.
    you are right, there were two files. I deleted the other one. I connected my phone again and desktop software was installing it. when it got to reboot, it suddenly couldn't connect to the phone and tried to connect indefinitely. Now it flashes a red light only and wont turn on. Should it try to wipe it again and restart the whole process or is there something terribly wrong with my phone?
    05-08-14 01:02 AM