Greetings everyone.. I am pretty fed up right now with my 9810 torch. I've done some research and tried steps out there, but have had no luck. Let me give you some background.

- About a month ago, trackpad on my blackberry stopped working.

- Was replaced with another 9810 unit. Battery would drain very quickly. Tried a new battery, and then another new battery. Same problem.

- Was replaced with another 9810 unit. Same problem. Battery never charges all the way (no steady green light ever shows when charging and turned off), shows as being at 95%, will be using it and all of a sudden it dies. Sometimes it'll reboot right away, but once it does, the battery is at critical level, so low that the radio can't be turned on.

- So I thought to myself, two separate units with separate batteries that have the same problem? It has to be an app on there, or possibility some settings.

- Deleted all the apps I had previous installed, still had the battery problem.

- Had our IT group reset the phone, even through BES, still the same problem.

- Did some research and found that it could be the SD card, so I followed those steps (formatted the card), and still the same problem.

- Have used the phone without the SD card.. still the same problem.

I consider myself fairly tech savvy, and I am just flat out stumped. Haven't I covered all the bases?

If anyone has any thoughts, I'll try anything! Thanks in advance!
    08-31-12 09:35 AM
    And different OS for it? Might not do though if your BES doesn't allow it.
    08-31-12 09:42 AM
    It's been the same one as far as I am aware. 7.0 Bundle 2404 (v7.0.0.583)

Our IT guy says it's the latest that's available.
    08-31-12 09:47 AM
    Maybe the official for your carrier but there are plenty newer ones out there.
    08-31-12 10:03 AM
    any potential to screw it up further by not using that?
    08-31-12 10:05 AM
    I don't know and I don't know about BES. Ask your IT people about it. You could show them the sticky for OS's for your phone.
    08-31-12 10:12 AM
    i am on that os 7.0 583 with att. i re installed the os with rim tech support leaving the battery out for part of the re install and that made a big difference. before that i just did a normal re install of os but still had problems. but you are right about not getting that steady light as the battery charges. but i don't know if that matters. i am afraid to update to 7.1 as i was told i would have problems with att.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-31-12 12:19 PM
    i am on that os 7.0 583 with att. i re installed the os with rim tech support leaving the battery out for part of the re install and that made a big difference. before that i just did a normal re install of os but still had problems. but you are right about not getting that steady light as the battery charges. but i don't know if that matters. i am afraid to update to 7.1 as i was told i would have problems with att.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    You will have no problems with ATT. I would suggest that you upgrade to 7.1.0.378. It has no microphone problems that the later 7.1 versions have in some areas. The advantage of 7.1 is you have something called BlackBerry Device Analyzer that comes with 7.1. It will enable you to run tests to troubleshoot your battery drain and charging issues.

I would also recommend that you then download the free app offered by RIM on AppWorld called "Application Resource Monitor". This app shuts down apps that cause excessive background battery draining.
    08-31-12 01:11 PM
    Ask for a new SIM. Had the same issue and the new SIM fixed it immediately.
    08-31-12 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD