Hey guys has any one heard of a Torch shipping with OS 5.0 ??
    I'm looking at buying a used one but the person says there is only os 5.0 sounds a little strange to Me
    Last edited by jjtown; 10-22-10 at 11:47 AM.
    10-22-10 11:07 AM
    He lied lol.
    10-22-10 11:10 AM
    Hey guys has any one heard of a Torch shipping with OS 5.0 ??
    I'm looking at buying a used one but the person says there is only os 5.0 sounds a little strange to Me
    he's lying to you. probably a scam.
    10-22-10 11:11 AM
    He just came clean and told Me there is "test Bed software" on it. Any idea if this device is usable
    10-22-10 11:46 AM
    Maybe he was "farting" around with the phone and now is unable to figure out how to fix the problem (such as wiping and re-loading the OS). If he gives you a good deal on it and as long as the phone isnt "bricked" it might be an option..although i'd definately check it out really well before purchase. Could be that he's just a noob and doesnt know wtf he's talking about too.
    10-22-10 12:19 PM
    It may be an early prototype device. RIM kills the PINs of all prototype devices upon release though. Also if it's early enough to have OS 5.0 it probably isn't upgradeable anyways. All RIM devices (prototype or even just employee issue) have a distinct square black sticker on the back saying "This device is property of Research in Motion". I'd check for the presence of the sticker or any residue. It's of course possible to swap battery covers, so don't consider it absolute.
    10-22-10 03:49 PM
    what you could do as well is get the PIN and IMEI and call RIM pay the fee for support and see if they PIN and IMEI are clean
    10-23-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD