I am looking for a thread or would like to create one that will instruct a newbie on how to clean up (or hide) those apps I don't want or use, on the main screen. Also would like to know recommendations as to best apps to have, that don't suck memory. (Maybe an app to free up wasted space?)
    Thanks for some direction!
    09-17-10 03:26 PM
    I'm a Blackberry noob as well. I just created a "Junk" folder and moved all the icons for any apps I don't use into that folder, and then just moved that to the bottom of the list. Once I decide I really don't want one of those apps, I can delete it off the phone for good, but for now at least they are out of the way.

You can also hide the app icon by selecting it, hitting the BB menu button, and selecting 'Hide'. Or on the Torch, just hold your finger on the icon on the screen for a second, and select 'Hide' from the menu that pops up.

I did the folder thing before I found the 'Hide' option.
    09-17-10 03:39 PM
    You're most likely in 'Show All' mode. Click the BB key, and you should see a check mark next to the Show All option. If it's not checked, then click it; if it's already checked, then exit from the menu.

With the trackpad, highlight the icons you don't want to see (don't open them) and click the BB key, or touch and hold them on the screen until you see an Options menu, then click or tap Hide. The icon is still visible, but you'll notice that it's now faded.

Once you've hidden all the icons you don't want to see, click the BB key again, then uncheck Show All. Everything you marked as 'Hide' should be gone.

I'd like to get ride of a few of the home screen pages myself. I have no use for Downloads or Media -- they'd be fine in a folder of their own instead of a whole menu page. Don't see much of a need for Favorites or Frequent, either. Maybe in BB6.1...
    09-17-10 04:02 PM
    I am looking for a thread or would like to create one that will instruct a newbie on how to clean up (or hide) those apps I don't want or use, on the main screen. Also would like to know recommendations as to best apps to have, that don't suck memory. (Maybe an app to free up wasted space?)
    Thanks for some direction!
    You really shouldn't need to worry about memory - I have never seen a memory leak and always have 315+MB free.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/top...ighlight=top+2

There is a good thread for must have apps.
    09-17-10 05:56 PM
    First off....thank you all for your responses..I am trying to find the hide all elusive button. I get 3 options only..switch application, close tray or options. When I hit options it always takes me to the home screen preferences. BTW, should I choose universal search or application shortcuts? WOW..I am so lost on what was so simple on my curve.....
    09-17-10 09:28 PM
    I'm a Blackberry noob as well. I just created a "Junk" folder and moved all the icons for any apps I don't use into that folder, and then just moved that to the bottom of the list. Once I decide I really don't want one of those apps, I can delete it off the phone for good, but for now at least they are out of the way.

You can also hide the app icon by selecting it, hitting the BB menu button, and selecting 'Hide'. Or on the Torch, just hold your finger on the icon on the screen for a second, and select 'Hide' from the menu that pops up.

I highlight the app and go to bb to find the hide button...still going back to the change wall paper page....grrrrrr.....I know I am making this harder than it should be. I also know this forum is the BEST for help. All the reason I am a BB fan!
    09-17-10 09:36 PM
    Go in to the icons and then use your BB button and you will see

Show All
    Hide

Show all - to show all hidden icons
    Hide - to hid that particular icon

Universal search - try them both and see which you like better. Some swear by app launcher; I personally prefer universal search.
    09-17-10 09:36 PM

I highlight the app and go to bb to find the hide button...still going back to the change wall paper page....grrrrrr.....I know I am making this harder than it should be. I also know this forum is the BEST for help. All the reason I am a BB fan!
    09-17-10 09:45 PM
    To hide the icon, you simply touch and hold down until a menu pops up and will give you the option to move, move to folder, hide, show all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 10:11 PM
    OK, I figured out what the missing piece of information is to highlight or move the icons on the main screen...put your finger gently on the icon and hold it still. If you don't flinch or move, a screen pops up behind it allowing many choices-from moving it to deleting it. Finally, I have my icons in a folder, like was suggested and deleted an app that transferred to my new BB, that didn't upgrade/work.
    If there is a thread that we can post stuff like this....or look one hint up, could someone post the thread link here please??
    Many, many thanks <3
    09-18-10 08:34 AM
    You can also use the trackpad to highlight an icon - and then press and hold the trackpad. This will also bring up the icon's individual options if you prefer that over press and hold with your finger.
    09-18-10 12:43 PM
    When you hit the BB button there should be a list of commands along the left side of the screen. Toward the bottom of the list is the Hide command and it is just above the Options command on my list. Perhaps you are accidentally selecting Options instead of Hide? Because Options will bring up the Wallpaper page.

jeffreii - thanks for the tip about pressing and holding the trackpad button.
    09-18-10 05:41 PM
    Thanks everyone!! I do so appreciate all the help!
    09-20-10 03:54 AM
    I find it handy to create a folder called "ATT Crap" call it whatever you link. Move all the stuff you don't want to that folder. Either touch and hold on that folder and select hide, or hover over it with the touch-pad, berry key it and select hide
    09-20-10 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD