I was told today that the torch 9800 was coming to Manitoba by a telus rep next month is this true should i wait to buy a torch from telus or just go and purchase one from rogers? Looking because i sold bold 9700 n am now living Winnipeg thanks.
    11-25-10 09:27 PM
    Telus told me they would have HSPA in Manitoba a year ago. They told me last month they wouldn't have HSPA in Manitoba for another seven months. Telus reps are worse than politicians. Don't believe a word they say.
    11-25-10 09:36 PM
    Doest telus have a small hspa+ in winnipeg?
    I know outside of Winnipeg its a DEAD ZONE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 09:40 PM
    You can always call Bell and see if the rep gives the same answer as the Telus rep. Telus and Bell share the HSPA network. If Telus is coming, so is Bell at the same time.
    11-25-10 09:46 PM
    You can always call Bell and see if the rep gives the same answer as the Telus rep. Telus and Bell share the HSPA network. If Telus is coming, so is Bell at the same time.
    Bell doesn't exist in Manitoba. MTS is there in place of Bell
    11-25-10 09:48 PM
    Bell doesn't offer service in Manitoba. There are no retail stores, etc. Some of my colleagues are Bell customers through our corporate account (I work for a national company), but it's basically MTS. Bell has a roaming agreement with MTS...
    11-25-10 09:48 PM
    Doest telus have a small hspa+ in winnipeg?
    I know outside of Winnipeg its a DEAD ZONE
    Correct. You can see it on their coverage map. They won't hand out 204 numbers on HSPA though because of their coverage. They told me they would have HSPA throughout the province in seven months. They also told me they would have it done by Christmas 2009 though...
    11-25-10 09:50 PM
    Bell doesn't exist in Manitoba. MTS is there in place of Bell
    Bell doesn't offer service in Manitoba. There are no retail stores, etc. Some of my colleagues are Bell customers through our corporate account (I work for a national company), but it's basically MTS. Bell has a roaming agreement with MTS...
    Well go figure!
    Thanks for correcting me guys.

So has anyone heard if MTS will share the HSPA network with Telus for Manitoba, or does Telus get to keep it in their greedy little paws?
    11-25-10 09:55 PM
    So has anyone heard if MTS will share the HSPA network with Telus for Manitoba, or does Telus get to keep it in their greedy little paws?
    MTS has an agreement with Rogers, it was announced over a year ago but nothing has seemed to come of it yet.
    11-25-10 09:57 PM
    MTS has an agreement with Rogers, it was announced over a year ago but nothing has seemed to come of it yet.
    Cool, thanks Shao. I guess you would know

So why wouldn't Bell come in, maybe with HSPA only? I think they have 5 HSPA BBs, plus other platforms too. If Telus is building the network anyway, seems silly that they wouldn't. Of course, I'm sure there's more factors than that.
    11-25-10 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD