Long story short, my sister is getting an upgrade and it's between the 9800 and 9700, both running os6.

I've read that the torch is pretty sluggish but the touch screen is great.

Alternatively, I've heard the 9700 with os6 is blisteringly fast and runs great.

So I ask you current torch owners, what are your honest opinion on the torch, and if you have the experience, the torch compared to the 9700 bold?
    10-05-10 04:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/so...months-535508/

There's a ton of threads on how people feel about their Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 04:38 PM
    It isnt a slow phone, but because having a touchscreen it does draw more resources.

OS6 from what ive been told (friends work for RIM) and from the BGR video, it seems snappier on the 9700.
    10-05-10 04:40 PM
    Pretty fast, actually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 04:44 PM
    The 9700 hundred does not come with OS 6 yet, nor has there even been an OS 6 leak for it online (which is probably the single most anticipated thing on this website given the amount of 9700/GSM users there are who are still far away from their next upgrade date for Torchs from their carriers anyway).

If she needs to get something asap, I'd say buy a Torch today and try to upgrade to one of the leaks. I helped one of my "mac" owning friends upgrade his and he now finds the screen scrolling to be less sluggish.

However, if she can wait, I would say hold out for the 9780 because no one is really sure if OS 6 will run as well on the basic 9700 due to having half the internal memory (256) of the other OS 6 phones (i.e. Torch, Bold 9650, Style, Storm 3 which all carry 512 or higher, etc).

Either way, don't buy a 9700 at this point if you're hoping for the best possible Blackberry experience with OS 6. I know there are videos on this site showing it run fine but you don't know what can happen when it's in daily use, loaded with apps and not a test show for this website. That's just my two cents.

LOVE.
    Last edited by dmben84; 10-05-10 at 04:57 PM.
    10-05-10 04:48 PM
    With the latest OS updates, the Torch runs pretty quick (for me at least). I've never had any problems with long delays between touch and action. I'm very happy with it and wouldn't call it sluggish
    10-05-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD