I think I want an otterbox case... I just don't have time to drive around looking for it so I guess I'll order it from CB.
    I really like the Otterbox. The AT&T store I went to today had a bunch of cases - the CaseMate, Otterbox, AGF and a universal one. The Otterbox felt the sturdiest out of all of them. I haven't had any problems typing on the keyboard or using the buttons. So far I'm happy - just wish it had a clip.
    08-14-10 09:25 PM
    I really like the Otterbox. The AT&T store I went to today had a bunch of cases - the CaseMate, Otterbox, AGF and a universal one. The Otterbox felt the sturdiest out of all of them. I haven't had any problems typing on the keyboard or using the buttons. So far I'm happy - just wish it had a clip.
    I'll have to keep looking then. I like sturdy.
    08-15-10 01:29 AM
    40% off Any ZAGG item code:

iajz3sj0

only 2 uses left.. first come first served enjoy
    08-16-10 09:47 AM
    I purchased mine from Gadget Guard on eBay... It was like $8.00 shipped i think. It's just like the BSE (Best Skins Ever) film. It's thick and it's applied with water so it's very easy to move around and align properly when installing it. No bubbles or anything, i'm happy with Gadget Guards. I usually order from BSE but they didn't have anything and I needed a screen protector ASAP because the slightest scratch on my screen would **** me off.
    08-16-10 12:58 PM
    I purchased Invisible Gadget Guard from Amazon on Thursday when I received my Torch.

I have owned two blackberrys in the past and on both I used the Bestskinsever total body skin.

It sucks that BSE hasn't released the skin yet and I hope this Invisible Gadget Guard does well. I would have liked a total body skin better though.
    08-16-10 01:27 PM
    Best Buy had plenty of Zagg's in stock for the 9800--got mine today
    08-16-10 01:49 PM
    i'm using the casemate privacy screen for the Torch.
    it's a little thick but installation was easy.
    love it!
    08-16-10 02:08 PM
    I had a Zagg, but when mine arrived, there was not any solution in the sprayer. I tried to install it anyway, but it did not turn out well. Zagg; however, offered to send me another one free, but I do not want it.

Anyone interested in buying it from for $10 - shipping (within the US) included?

I should get in the mail next week.
    08-20-10 04:06 PM
    I purchased a gadget guard screen protector off Ebay. They are inexpensive and look great installed. So far no issue with it whatsoever, I would definitely buy again. I had a another brand on my 9000, which worked good but always had an orange peel look to it. This one looks much better.
    08-20-10 04:32 PM
    I purchased a gadget guard screen protector off Ebay. They are inexpensive and look great installed. So far no issue with it whatsoever, I would definitely buy again. I had a another brand on my 9000, which worked good but always had an orange peel look to it. This one looks much better.
    I've tried finding just the screen protector, but all I find on eBay is the whole body ones, which I don't want cuz I want OtterBox over it.
    Where did you find the screen protector?
    08-20-10 04:42 PM
    I've tried finding just the screen protector, but all I find on eBay is the whole body ones, which I don't want cuz I want OtterBox over it.
    Where did you find the screen protector?
    The seller is invisiblegadgetguard . They have both the full body and screen only protectors.
    08-20-10 05:17 PM
    2 codes for 25% off at ZAGG.com, expiring in a week.

iazj6pwp
    iazjb1w0

First come first serve.
    08-20-10 07:02 PM
    I got the privacy one from at&t love it. And it's some what thick.
    Yupm same here... Picked it up the other day, and put it on today... it is kind of thick. I like it so far though.

Use on the touch screen is noticeably different, but no glare, and finger prints.
    08-20-10 09:49 PM
    I've searched the ZAGG and Clarivue sites...and it doesn't seem like any of the high-end protection companies have a screen protector for the 9800 Torch yet.

Heck, ZAGG had one for the iPhone4 MONTHS in advance of the release of that phone.

What's up? This device will definately need a screen protector. Does anybody know where a good one can be picked up...preferably Anti-Glare or Anti-Fingerprint?
    BestBuy has the Zagg for $20.00, bought one for each of our torch's the day we got them
    08-20-10 10:30 PM
    I bought 2 of the Gadget Guards for $14... well worth it.
    08-20-10 11:18 PM
    You can buy screen protectors from bodygaurdz

also check ebay

Cheers,

James
    08-21-10 04:40 AM
    Yupm same here... Picked it up the other day, and put it on today... it is kind of thick. I like it so far though.

Use on the touch screen is noticeably different, but no glare, and finger prints.

Do you mind telling me how it is different? Does it negatively affect function? I like the idea of the privacy aspect, but not if it's going to affect my touch screen. Thanks!
    08-27-10 12:56 PM
    Do you mind telling me how it is different? Does it negatively affect function? I like the idea of the privacy aspect, but not if it's going to affect my touch screen. Thanks!
    I had one of the privacy protectors and didn't like it. It made the screen very dark and dull looking. I guess it would be good if you have that much need for privacy. But for me it wasn't worth the trade off. With the clear protector you don't even notice that it's there.
    08-27-10 02:19 PM
    Well I found an AT&T store with the anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector in stock. I thought that would work better than the privacy one, but it really changed the look of my screen! Yes it is definitely anti-fingerprint, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the clarity for that!! I'm looking for one that sticks on and covers the entire front, not one applied with water (can't handle the orange-peel look) - are any of the ones mentioned like that? Thanks!
    08-27-10 03:46 PM
    Well I found an AT&T store with the anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector in stock. I thought that would work better than the privacy one, but it really changed the look of my screen! Yes it is definitely anti-fingerprint, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the clarity for that!! I'm looking for one that sticks on and covers the entire front, not one applied with water (can't handle the orange-peel look) - are any of the ones mentioned like that? Thanks!
    Get a Ghost Armor screen protector.

I used a zagg invisible shield first, but I didn't like the orange peel look and it just felt too "sticky" for a touch screen. I tried the at&t anti-glare next and didn't like giving up the clarity either, so I ordered a Ghost Armor. I installed it last night and it is perfect! It is crystal clear and has a nice smooth feel to it. If you hold it just right, with the screen off, you can see a very small orange peel look to it, but you really have to look for it.

After I installed it last night, you could see micro-bubbles, but it has cleared up now. The package it came in said it takes 24-48 hours for the micro-bubbles to completely dissolve.
    08-27-10 04:29 PM
    Get a Ghost Armor screen protector.

I used a zagg invisible shield first, but I didn't like the orange peel look and it just felt too "sticky" for a touch screen. I tried the at&t anti-glare next and didn't like giving up the clarity either, so I ordered a Ghost Armor. I installed it last night and it is perfect! It is crystal clear and has a nice smooth feel to it. If you hold it just right, with the screen off, you can see a very small orange peel look to it, but you really have to look for it.

After I installed it last night, you could see micro-bubbles, but it has cleared up now. The package it came in said it takes 24-48 hours for the micro-bubbles to completely dissolve.
    Thanks for response. How long did you keep the anti-glare one on your BB? Wondering if it will "settle in" and look better. Will probably just order the Ghost Armor. Wish there was an install location near me!
    08-27-10 04:41 PM
    Thanks for response. How long did you keep the anti-glare one on your BB? Wondering if it will "settle in" and look better. Will probably just order the Ghost Armor. Wish there was an install location near me!
    I had the anti-glare on for almost 2 weeks - it never got any better

I installed the Ghost Armor myself. It uses water to install, but I was able to align it just right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 04:43 PM
    I had one of the privacy protectors and didn't like it. It made the screen very dark and dull looking. I guess it would be good if you have that much need for privacy. But for me it wasn't worth the trade off. With the clear protector you don't even notice that it's there.
    I tried these, not because I needed the privacy, it was all they had in stock! For me I notice a much less responsive touch input, all levels are at max! Also I like the thickness for protection, but I do not like the lip that it causes. I am finding the edge collects dust, and my thumb rubs against it while sliding up to the screen. And it does degrade the screen sharpness quite a bit. I am considering the Ghost Armor myself.
    08-27-10 04:56 PM
    I've got Ghost Armor on mine and love it. No orange peel effect whatsoever. I've used Zagg, Best Skins Ever and Body Guardz on BlackBerries as well as Clarivue, Screen Patronus and a few others and this is the best looking screen protector I've used. I can't even tell there's a screen protector on it because it's almost invisible plus it doesn't impact use of the touch screen.

I do not work for Ghost Armor and I have paid for both of the screen protectors I've gotten.

I highly recommend this product.
    08-27-10 05:16 PM
    I have to admit that after a week with the privacy screen protector, I like the privacy, but I dont like the thickness. I think there are a few reported issues with it that I am seeing as well. I know they make a glossy version for other phones, my brother has one for the 8900.

I might try Screen Patronus. I had one on my 9000 and it was the best $8 I ever spent on it. I am thinking of asking them if they have it for the 9800 yet.

It didnt use water, and was not noticabe at all, very crystal clear, and I got 3 in a pack for $8. Its listed as washable and reuseable. Never had to do that. Only went through 1 pack. 1 because I messed one up, and I didnt know it was washable, and the 2nd was after a long while, put it in my picket with my Keys and didnt realize it until I took it out to take a look, and one of the keys put a hole in the screen protector. The screen itself was untouched.
    08-27-10 08:52 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD