Yep, it is a bit tacky before you install it then you add the solution that adheres it to the screen which definitely is a bit "gluey."
    I actually went eight months without a screen protector on my 9700... I put a BodyGuardz screen protector on it not long after I got it and hated the way it looked. I did the Ghost Armor because I was walking around the mall a couple weeks ago, they had a kiosk, they did the installation (and since it was the cost of the screen protector before tax and shipping from Zagg that was a good deal to me) and I was on my way. It's a similar installation process but it looks much better. You basically can't see the thing on the screen which is an improvement over other protectors of similar material which have the so-called "orange peel" effect.

I just hope I have time tomorrow to go get the device not to mention have the Ghost Armor guys put the screen protector on.
    While the price is high, I have to say invisibleShield is the best for touchscreen device (probably just a personal preference), as it's soft and elastic compared to other hard stiff cheap electrostatic screen protectors. And it's much easier to swipe fingers on it. Don't know why it's just smoother than other electrostatic screen protectors for fingers. Less friction...
    08-11-10 04:02 PM
    While the price is high, I have to say invisibleShield is the best for touchscreen device (probably just a personal preference), as it's soft and elastic compared to other hard stiff cheap electrostatic screen protectors. And it's much easier to swipe fingers on it. Don't know why it's just smoother than other electrostatic screen protectors for fingers. Less friction...
    Good point... compared to other similar products that need some kind of solution to adhere the material to the screen (Ghost Armor, Body Guardz, Best Skins Ever) that I've used it's not my personal favorite.
    But, compared to cling type protectors, it is likely a better option in general
    08-11-10 05:44 PM
    To whom it may concern...

ZAGG just released a screen film for the 9800 Torch...and I got mine!

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Torch 9800 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    I just ordered mine, and used coupon code ZAGG20 to get 20% off.
    08-11-10 06:14 PM
    Invisible Gadget Guard offers a similar product with the same guarantee - and is cheaper even w/ the 20% off.

Amazon.com: Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for Blackberry Torch 9800 | Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Service

$8.99 + $2.99 shipping.
    Last edited by tomthetrojan09; 08-12-10 at 10:38 PM.
    08-12-10 10:36 PM
    I got the privacy one from at&t love it. And it's some what thick.
    08-12-10 10:42 PM
    Zagg and invisbleshield are one in the same, right? Just confirming. Maybe best buy will have them in stock ;-)
    08-13-10 07:38 AM
    Zagg and invisbleshield are one in the same, right? Just confirming. Maybe best buy will have them in stock ;-)
    yes Zag makes invisishield.
    I checked my local best buy and online and they don't have them as of yet.

but on Zag's website you can get them for like $15.00 ea
    08-13-10 08:53 AM
    Try your local AT&T store. They had a two pack for $14 at my local store.
    08-13-10 08:59 AM
    if you can wait a couple of weeks Best Skins Ever make some really good protectors. I emailed them the other day to see if they were making any for the 9800. they said they will be.

I have been happy with their service and their products since 2006 and my mates have been happy too.
    Last edited by zensen; 08-13-10 at 09:39 AM. Reason: URL came out all weird!
    08-13-10 09:36 AM
    I got some anti-glare ones at my local at&t store. I'm not a fan of the Zagg ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 09:54 AM
    Ditto -
    08-13-10 10:02 AM
    I got some anti-glare ones at my local at&t store. I'm not a fan of the Zagg ones.

All they had for accessories at the at&t store where I bought my Torch was a case-mate barely there case. No screen protectors, no leather cases, no Otterbox, nothing.
    That's OK, though, because I just did as planned and did the screen protector at the Ghost Armor kiosk. As soon as I get the chance this weekend I'll shoot some photos of it on...

I actually really like Best Skins Ever products, they're as good (if not better) as Invisible Shield, they ship quickly and they're much cheaper. I just didn't want to wait. I am irrationally concerned about scratching the screen so I got it taken care of immediately.
    08-13-10 12:21 PM
    That's OK, though, because I just did as planned and did the screen protector at the Ghost Armor kiosk. As soon as I get the chance this weekend I'll shoot some photos of it on... .
    If you don't mind me asking - how much was the Ghost Armor screen protector? I'm thinking of going there tomorrow to get mine done.

Thanks!
    08-13-10 12:52 PM
    If you don't mind me asking - how much was the Ghost Armor screen protector? I'm thinking of going there tomorrow to get mine done.

Thanks!
    They charged me $15 plus tax.
    08-13-10 01:24 PM
    They charged me $15 plus tax.
    Not bad. Thanks!
    08-13-10 01:25 PM
    bestskinsever.com are exactly the same as Zagg just without the fancy box and high prices. I would go there over Zagg.
    08-13-10 01:39 PM
    Just an FYI I bought a Incipio case from Best Buy and it pushes down on the lock on the top of the torch.
    08-13-10 01:55 PM
    Just an FYI I bought a Incipio case from Best Buy and it pushes down on the lock on the top of the torch.
    I got one of them too, but am bringing it back. I think I want the Endo GRT Purple Case from AGF instead.
    08-13-10 02:01 PM
    Anyone try the Case Mate anti-glare protectors from AT&T? I picked up a pack when I bought my phone yesterday but haven't had the time.

- installation difficulty?
    - overall apperance w/protector?

THanks.
    08-13-10 07:43 PM
    I'll never do zagg again, unless I want an orange peel textured piece of crap. I'm doing Steinheil ultra clear from now on. QUALITY > NAME BRAND

08-13-10 09:35 PM
    Anyone try the Case Mate anti-glare protectors from AT&T? I picked up a pack when I bought my phone yesterday but haven't had the time.

- installation difficulty?
    - overall apperance w/protector?

THanks.
    I purchased the Zagg ones but while I was waiting for them to ship I bought the case mate to protect the screen. My experience is not very good. It came with 2 protectors, the first had something underneath it and didnt lay right with bubbles. The second laid down on there but there are a ton of bubbles. I am going to take these back as I am not happy.

Jim
    08-14-10 05:15 PM
    My AT&T rep tried to install about 3 or 4 of the casemate protectors but there was dust underneath it. He gave up and I ended up at Bestbuy and got the Zagg. I did not like it at first because it felt sticky but it doesn't feel as bad now that I have been using it for 24 hours.
    I cleaned it a few times with lens cleaner.

-Rich

I purchased the Zagg ones but while I was waiting for them to ship I bought the case mate to protect the screen. My experience is not very good. It came with 2 protectors, the first had something underneath it and didnt lay right with bubbles. The second laid down on there but there are a ton of bubbles. I am going to take these back as I am not happy.

Jim
    08-14-10 07:10 PM
    That's OK, though, because I just did as planned and did the screen protector at the Ghost Armor kiosk. As soon as I get the chance this weekend I'll shoot some photos of it on...
    Hey - I went to Ghost Armor today and got the screen protector put on my Torch. I LOVE it. They did a great job. Thanks for the info on them. Really appreciate it.
    08-14-10 08:55 PM
    I got one of them too, but am bringing it back. I think I want the Endo GRT Purple Case from AGF instead.
    Well, I changed and went with the pink and black Otterbox Commuter case. It makes the phone a little heavier but overall I like it. Wish it had a clip on the back so I could attach it to my pocket or purse, but that's ok.
    08-14-10 08:57 PM
    Hey - I went to Ghost Armor today and got the screen protector put on my Torch. I LOVE it. They did a great job. Thanks for the info on them. Really appreciate it.
    You're welcome! Glad I steered you to a product you like. I really feel like it's the best screen protector product in its class right now.

I think I want an otterbox case... I just don't have time to drive around looking for it so I guess I'll order it from CB.
    08-14-10 09:02 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD