I've searched the ZAGG and Clarivue sites...and it doesn't seem like any of the high-end protection companies have a screen protector for the 9800 Torch yet.

Heck, ZAGG had one for the iPhone4 MONTHS in advance of the release of that phone.

What's up? This device will definately need a screen protector. Does anybody know where a good one can be picked up...preferably Anti-Glare or Anti-Fingerprint?
    08-09-10 09:01 AM
    There are a couple of Splash Masque screen protectors for the 9800 available on Amazon.
    08-09-10 09:20 AM
    There are a couple of Splash Masque screen protectors for the 9800 available on Amazon.
    +1 ... Also on eBay as well.
    08-09-10 09:22 AM
    If you just wanted to do the screen, isn't it the same size as the storm? You could just pick up a storm protector
    08-09-10 10:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bl...ectors-509624/

Read my responses here. These are made to fit Zagg-type protectors. What I mean by that is they are the exact same material Zagg uses.
    08-09-10 10:16 AM
    Never heard of this one, but they are taking pre-orders:

Wrapsol ultra for BlackBerry Torch 9800 Now Available for Pre-Order - MarketWatch
    08-09-10 10:53 AM
    How scratch resistant do you think the 9800 screen is, for normal pocket use?
    08-09-10 11:56 AM
    If you can find a Ghost Armor kiosk near you, have them custom cut and install one for you. There's one at Southcenter Mall (in Tukwila, Wash.) just steps away from the at&t store so that's what I'm going to do on Thursday when I go get mine.
    Just a thought.
    Here's a map with store/kiosk locations.
    Ghost Armor | Locations
    Last edited by quillhill; 08-09-10 at 01:47 PM.
    08-09-10 01:44 PM
    How scratch resistant do you think the 9800 screen is, for normal pocket use?
    No screen is scratch resistant. If you put the phone in your pocket with keys & change ever at all, you're going to risk a scratch.

If you just wanted to do the screen, isn't it the same size as the storm? You could just pick up a storm protector
    That would work, but I believe the cutout for the earpiece speaker and notification LED are different on the 9800.

Thanks, but those "generic" films are generally thick, and not very form fitting. I'm gonna wait until ZAGG, BSE or Clarivue release.
    Last edited by davistld01; 08-09-10 at 02:43 PM.
    08-09-10 02:39 PM
    If you can find a Ghost Armor kiosk near you, have them custom cut and install one for you. There's one at Southcenter Mall (in Tukwila, Wash.) just steps away from the at&t store so that's what I'm going to do on Thursday when I go get mine.
    Just a thought.
    Here's a map with store/kiosk locations.
    Ghost Armor | Locations
    There is one about an hour away from me, but when I checked their site, the Torch wasn't listed. Does that mean that they will do the custom cut only in person and not from the website?
    08-09-10 02:51 PM
    There is one about an hour away from me, but when I checked their site, the Torch wasn't listed. Does that mean that they will do the custom cut only in person and not from the website?
    I don't know about from the website. I recently had them do a custom cut and install (ha, like it's a car or something) on my 9700 at a kiosk. It's a very nice looking product and I was impressed with the work they did.
    I've only dealt with the kiosk. Sorry I can't help!
    08-09-10 03:09 PM
    I don't know about from the website. I recently had them do a custom cut and install (ha, like it's a car or something) on my 9700 at a kiosk. It's a very nice looking product and I was impressed with the work they did.
    I've only dealt with the kiosk. Sorry I can't help!
    That's ok. Thanks for the info. I might be heading to the mall this weekend to see if they'll custom cut one for the Torch.
    08-10-10 08:19 AM
    i have a spare one for my iPhone 2G from Zagg which i will be cutting down to size..
    08-10-10 11:39 AM
    To whom it may concern...

ZAGG just released a screen film for the 9800 Torch...and I got mine!

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Torch 9800 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Last edited by davistld01; 08-10-10 at 05:52 PM.
    08-10-10 03:47 PM
    I have the InvisibleSHIELD on my 9000 and it has served me well, but I also have a Blackberry case on it to protect it from drops and such. I wonder how well that Wrapsol works. Anyone have any real world experience with the Wrapsol?
    08-10-10 04:24 PM

ZAGG just released a screen film for the 9900 Torch...and I got mine!

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Torch 9800 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Thanks for the info. I know you meant 9800 torch. I just ordered one.
    08-10-10 04:26 PM

ZAGG just released a screen film for the 9800 Torch...and I got mine!

Yep. Fixed!
    08-10-10 05:53 PM
    Is there any word on whether adding a screen protector such as InvisibleSHIELD impacts the sensitivity of the touchscreen?? I'm getting a Torch soon and would hate to slap a protector on there that makes the touchscreen "experience" sluggish...
    08-11-10 12:39 PM
    i had the storm 9530 and rocked it without a screen protector for 1.5 yrs without any scratches.....dust under the screen was another issue, lol. does the torch use the same sort of glass? if so, i wouldn't worry about the screen protector.
    08-11-10 01:02 PM
    Personally I would prefer normal/cheap screen protector as InvisibleShield is not easy to put on because of the water thing. Often some dust will get into the water and it makes bubble or something like that. And the border of the protector will get sticky after a while, collecting dust and dirt...
    08-11-10 01:11 PM
    i had the storm 9530 and rocked it without a screen protector for 1.5 yrs without any scratches.....dust under the screen was another issue, lol. does the torch use the same sort of glass? if so, i wouldn't worry about the screen protector.
    Not sure what the screen is made of but I scratch stuff because I'm klutzy. I'll be getting a screen protector.

Personally I would prefer normal/cheap screen protector as InvisibleShield is not easy to put on because of the water thing. Often some dust will get into the water and it makes bubble or something like that. And the border of the protector will get sticky after a while, collecting dust and dirt...
    I haven't experienced any of those issues with invisible shield, however, I don't think it's the best looking screen protector and it's overpriced. I've used a number of screen protectors and I like the Ghost Armor at this point. There are some good alternatives and if Clarivue is making a screen protector that is slightly tacky and doesn't require a liquid solution to adhere it to the screen then that might be the way to go. I've been pleased with Clarivue products for other devices.
    08-11-10 01:25 PM
    Not sure what the screen is made of but I scratch stuff because I'm klutzy. I'll be getting a screen protector.

I haven't experienced any of those issues with invisible shield, however, I don't think it's the best looking screen protector and it's overpriced. I've used a number of screen protectors and I like the Ghost Armor at this point. There are some good alternatives and if Clarivue is making a screen protector that is slightly tacky and doesn't require a liquid solution to adhere it to the screen then that might be the way to go. I've been pleased with Clarivue products for other devices.
    Got no idea why my invisible shield on my 9000 is very dirty around the border. Feels like the "glue" leaked under the protector...=(
    08-11-10 01:44 PM
    Got no idea why my invisible shield on my 9000 is very dirty around the border. Feels like the "glue" leaked under the protector...=(
    Well, you know what I discovered when prepping my husband's iPhone 3G for sale a couple weeks ago is that dirt can accumulate around the edges of the skin... I had put a full body InvisibleShield on it when he first got it. Then I put a Seidio case on it. When I extracted it from the case there was tons of dirt around the edges. In this particularly case it was due to the fact he kept it in his pocket all the time in dirty environments (work, golfing, mowing the lawn, for a few examples) and never, ever wiped it down.

Not saying you are dirty, dirty boy like my husband is, LOL.

I obsessively wipe down my BB any time I take it out of the case, so, that's probably my deal.
    08-11-10 02:59 PM
    Well, you know what I discovered when prepping my husband's iPhone 3G for sale a couple weeks ago is that dirt can accumulate around the edges of the skin... I had put a full body InvisibleShield on it when he first got it. Then I put a Seidio case on it. When I extracted it from the case there was tons of dirt around the edges. In this particularly case it was due to the fact he kept it in his pocket all the time in dirty environments (work, golfing, mowing the lawn, for a few examples) and never, ever wiped it down.

Not saying you are dirty, dirty boy like my husband is, LOL.

I obsessively wipe down my BB any time I take it out of the case, so, that's probably my deal.
    Haha, I put it in my pockets always and I guess that's why.

But the invisibieshield collects dirt more easily than those cheap protectors as it uses liquid solution which acts like glue.

I tried to clean the border once in a while but it wouldn't work. Some glue-like gel is under the invisibleshield. You will find out if you lift it up. =)
    08-11-10 03:33 PM
    Haha, I put it in my pockets always and I guess that's why.

But the invisibieshield collects dirt more easily than those cheap protectors as it uses liquid solution which acts like glue.

I tried to clean the border once in a while but it wouldn't work. Some glue-like gel is under the invisibleshield. You will find out if you lift it up. =)
    Yep, it is a bit tacky before you install it then you add the solution that adheres it to the screen which definitely is a bit "gluey."
    I actually went eight months without a screen protector on my 9700... I put a BodyGuardz screen protector on it not long after I got it and hated the way it looked. I did the Ghost Armor because I was walking around the mall a couple weeks ago, they had a kiosk, they did the installation (and since it was the cost of the screen protector before tax and shipping from Zagg that was a good deal to me) and I was on my way. It's a similar installation process but it looks much better. You basically can't see the thing on the screen which is an improvement over other protectors of similar material which have the so-called "orange peel" effect.

I just hope I have time tomorrow to go get the device not to mention have the Ghost Armor guys put the screen protector on.
    08-11-10 03:54 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD