My Torch overheated just today. When i turned it on before going to work with in 30 mins it just overheated. I didn't use it at all. The only thing i did was turn the damn thing on. What's up with that? Good thing i had my back up BB's (Most reliable Blackberry's - Bold 9000 & Bold 9700)
    11-23-10 05:11 AM
    Overheating of the device is not normal. There was a thread a while back when the torch first came out, about this exact issue. I believe(without digging for the thread)the OP took the device back and all was fine. I use my device for hours a day, calls, text, bbm(thanks to TDM), email, and the web. My device gets warm but never hot and I never have to wait to charge it. If it's overheating to the point of it not taking a charge, I would say it's either a defective battery or defective device. Something is definitely is not right and you shouldn't have put up with this.
    11-23-10 05:37 AM
    I have solved the problem with my torch now... It was solved by turning it off, taking the battery out, and then putting it on again. I should have tried this straight away - doh!

I have a real problem though as it appears that it was downloading a huge amount of data. 3.5 gb over 2 days and this is what was causing the heat and the ultra slow speed...
    Last edited by rm2000; 12-01-10 at 06:41 PM.
    11-24-10 02:19 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD