So I picked up a broken torch from craigslist, ad said it couldn't read a sim, turns out its a bit more than that, the previous owner must have tried to fix it or do something but it only got worse, sim reader/holder is gone, not quite sure what was done but the motherboard itself has a few light scratches, i can't seem to find a replacement motherboard anywhere on the internet, going to get it looked at tomorrow, also can't seem to find sim readers anywhere, help? Everything else about the phone works fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 02:13 AM
    pic taken with my 9700(also for sale, team canada edition for olympics, pm for pics, apparently i need 94 more posts to have a for sale thread)
    12-01-10 02:23 AM
    So I picked up a broken torch from craigslist, ad said it couldn't read a sim, turns out its a bit more than that, the previous owner must have tried to fix it or do something but it only got worse, sim reader/holder is gone, not quite sure what was done but the motherboard itself has a few light scratches, i can't seem to find a replacement motherboard anywhere on the internet, going to get it looked at tomorrow, also can't seem to find sim readers anywhere, help? Everything else about the phone works fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just broke some of the pin connectors of the sim-reader/holster of my Blackberry Torch 9800 because a defective sim card...
    I figure it out that the only way left to restore the cellphone will be replacing the whole sim-reader/holster...
    Anyone knows where to buy it? I can't find it on internet...!!!
    12-17-10 04:24 PM
    I'd like to know this as well. My Torch won't read my sim card either. I haven't opened up my phone yet, but I suspect the original owner did.
    12-29-10 03:38 AM
    There are no parts availiable anywhere for a motherboard for the Torch. My technician cant even get any to do a repair on the phone.
    12-29-10 12:09 PM
    The Torch is too new a device at the moment, It usually takes a few months before we see parts like this trickle down to suppliers like CNN.cn, DealsiShop and the various eBay sellers out there.
    12-29-10 01:27 PM
    Try this website cnn.cn They usually have parts to just about everything out there, new and old. Happy hunting and good luck.
    12-29-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD