I have had this new blackberry torch 9800 for just over a month and probably 2 weeks after I got it it started to shut down then restart when I was on the internet I phoned my provider he said to just keep my eye out for the next 48 hrs to see if it happened again and to phone back if it did it again, well it did so I phoned back and this guy told me to reload my operating system so I did and everything was working fine and then today it happened again 2 times within 10 minutes when I was just using BBM not even on the internet. I phoned and told them it happened again and the guy said they will send me a new one and said a technician is going to look at it if there is any water damage or anything I will have to pay the full price of the phone.. I was like there is clearly a problem with the phone nothing to worry about but then I remembered a friend had spilt a drink on the table and got honestly 1 or 2 drops on my new phone! I did not think anything of it because it was only a teeny tiny amount and just where the phone slides up and down so I kept wiping it down and eventually it disappeared. It's not like I dropped it in the toilet or anything and they have on record me phoning over and over about this problem and one of the lady I spoke with said they only send out replacement phones when they deem the phone faulty.

Does anyone think this could have caused all the problems I am having? I am stressing out, I am 90% sure it is just the phone but am hoping for some reassurance. Also do you think when the technician looks at my phone that they will notice that little bit of drink that spilt on my phone? I am freaking out please help!!!
    12-28-10 08:43 PM
    I mean, its possible. Especially if it went into the slider, just not a good place for liquid to go. Then again, if it wasn't much then it could just be the phone freakin out on you. Where the spill happened is def a concern though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 09:13 PM
    do you know where the water damage indicator is? or would I have to take the phone apart to see it? it was seriously the smallest amount and the phone was sitting beside the spill and a bit happened to get onto it, I just kept sliding it open then closing it and wiping it with paper towel until it dried up. I am even more worried now.
    12-28-10 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD