I installed Blackberry Protect yesterday and as soon as it finished installing the phone just rebooted, what happens now is when it reboots the status bar gets about 2 thirds of the way through, white screen then reboots. It just keeps doing this. I have tried starting in safe mode, (holding down the escape key) but that doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?
    03-20-11 03:36 AM
    03-20-11 03:43 AM
    Clearly something horrible went wrong with the OS. Exactly what, I do not know.

Since Safe Mode did not work, and why shoul dit, BlackBerry Protect is a RIM application so it would try to load at boot time.

Presumably you are unable to connect to Desktop Manager with your phone in this condition so there really is onl yone option here and that it to return your phone to O2 and ask them to fix this. Tell them that you installed BlackBerry Protect. This is a released RIM program and the error is not yours. The installation screwed up and it should be fixed under warranty.
    03-20-11 03:47 AM
    Clearly something horrible went wrong with the OS. Exactly what, I do not know.

Since Safe Mode did not work, and why shoul dit, BlackBerry Protect is a RIM application so it would try to load at boot time.

Presumably you are unable to connect to Desktop Manager with your phone in this condition so there really is onl yone option here and that it to return your phone to O2 and ask them to fix this. Tell them that you installed BlackBerry Protect. This is a released RIM program and the error is not yours. The installation screwed up and it should be fixed under warranty.
    That being true, it can still be recovered. It will take 40 min but a d**n sight better than going to the carrier and arguing about what went wrong and then waiting for 15 days for a replacement. The instructions in the above link work perfectly on bricked/nuked BB's.
    03-20-11 03:53 AM
    That being true, it can still be recovered. It will take 40 min but a d**n sight better than going to the carrier and arguing about what went wrong and then waiting for 15 days for a replacement. The instructions in the above link work perfectly on bricked/nuked BB's.
    To make this work - and sometimes it does - depends on the phone's USB port being able to connect to the PC.

Sometimes this works and sometimes it does not. This worked far better at the time when this article was written. In the days os OS 4.2 (8310) there was a lot more connectivity buot into the phone's ROM. Today amost of this is in the OS. So if that does not load....

It is always worth a try. That is for sure.
    03-20-11 04:02 AM
    Thanks for your help, will give it a go.
    03-20-11 04:12 AM
    Did work on a Bold recently...hopefully the OP can get it to work..
    03-20-11 04:15 AM
    Looks good so far, the important thing to know that isn't in the guide but is in the video is to put the battery back in when loading the new software.
    03-20-11 04:39 AM
    Do update us on how it goes....
    03-20-11 04:52 AM
    All working ok, thanks for your help. The question is, do I try and install Blackberry Protect again?
    03-20-11 04:58 AM
    Try it. If it goes wrong again, you know what needs to be done
    03-20-11 06:28 AM
    Apploader is the BlackBerry owner's best friend. I had the same exact problem that the op had after downloading the new Twitter off of the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Did the reboot for 12 hours until I finally got home and was able to hook up to the computer. This document saved me...
    03-20-11 10:18 PM
    I have been on this forum for 4 years now.. but the kind of help it gives people with "unsurmountable" problems never ceases to amaze me. Go enjoy your phone, jaknife!
    Crackberry, you win again!!!
    03-20-11 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD