This may sound like a dumb question but should Bis sync with hotmail? I've set up my hotmail account on my BB but opening email on either BB or hotmail does not change read flag. Also, deleting on either BB or hotmail does not remove from the other. Is this supposed to work? I thought it did previousely, but not it does not. For that matter, I don't believe it did on my 8350i BB before I upgraded. I remember seeing something saying that I had to log into something once a year to keep things working, but for the life of me can't remember what. I'd like it if I could get this working. If it's not supported I'll have to live with it.

Roveer
    11-02-10 10:53 AM
    Yeh, mine doesn't work either but it does for my wife on her curve. Not sure what the issue is and really haven't had time to take a look at what it could be or tried to redo the account. Let me know if you find any info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 02:57 PM
    Hotmail has been sucking on mine lately, too (Verizon). Seems it is across different phones and carriers, so a little more likely a Hotmail issue. Hope they get it fixed soon, otherwise they may stand to lose to business.
    11-02-10 03:45 PM
    Roveer,

Hotmail was playing up yesterday so you might want to check it's still validated. But it should sync, my BB syncs better than Outlook does on my PC. There might be a option under mobile on hotmail. I remember changing random options on hotmail until I got it to work properly

But the log in info that you saw is to do with the free hotmail service - you have to log in every 270 days or your account "might" be removed. This is not a problem if you have the paid for premium service Logging in through Outlook doesn't count, I don't know if logging in via BIS does, but loggin into MSN website (or mobile site, messenger etc) via any source does count. Just remember if you have multiple accounts with forwarding that you'd need to log into each account every 270 days.
    11-03-10 11:29 AM
    i think the reason is due to microsoft themselves. They changed their email protocol there was a post about this quite a while back i'll try to find it and link it but basically they changed their protocols so if u have it working on ur bis account don't change it if u remove it and set it up again it won't sync anymore. Some change they did on the hotmail servers messed things up with blackberry and they've supposedly been trying to fix it for months now with no resolution yet.
    11-03-10 05:19 PM
    Here are a couple links, some people say they got it to work others say no personally i just started using my gmail account more than my hotmail used forwarding and now all my contacts just email me to hotmail only thing that sucked is i had to change my business cards but o well u can't win em all. Gluck regardless

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/impo...y-sync-475277/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/can-...otmail-363631/
    11-03-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD