Quick question - if I buy an at&t Torch and attempt to use it here Down Under, will it work?
    08-16-10 06:03 AM
    yes. unlock first.
    08-16-10 06:19 AM
    Great! Thanks a lot
    08-16-10 06:43 AM
    Yes, if you unlock it, you will be able to use it in Australia,

By default after unlocking it it will work for phone calls, sms, voicemail, etc

if you want all the Blackberry Features (Browser, Email, BBM) you will need to install your Australian networks service books(Blackberry Settings) on the phone.

Some networks push the service books to the phone automatically, and some don't,

If they don't then you will need to manually install them

Have any questions, let us know,

Cheers!

James and the FreeYourCellphone team
    08-16-10 06:52 AM
    I unlocked mine but i cant get the browser to work without wifi how do i config manually (dont have old phone)
    09-11-10 07:36 AM
    I unlocked mine but i cant get the browser to work without wifi how do i config manually (dont have old phone)
    you'll probably need to manually change the settings on how your browser connects to the internet. whatever carrier you are with you'll need to call them and ask them what access point you should connect to with your blackberry - since I assume you have BIS connected? It seriously wont change that much from other blackberries - at least it shouldn't otherwise they could possibly send you that info? i'm not sure if they can automate that with the torch since it isn't officially released over there in australia.
    09-11-10 08:11 AM
    I contacted my service provider twice and they say they cant do anything for me unless I get the browser unlocked from ATT. I'm in the Caribbean
    09-11-10 08:16 AM
    did you purchase this outright with at&t or from another seller? otherwise it might be good to give at&t/seller call/email if thats the case...

I find it weird that you can use all the other services e.g make a call but you can't use the browser which seems more like BIS issue/access points than it being locked but then again this phone could be different. I've never had to unlock a blackberry phone from my carrier...

since I don't know the exact steps on going about this hopefully someone will chime in about their experiences (because there is quite a few on here that have done this whether they are from australia/asia or europe.

i did quick search and this guy does it for a relative cheap price

http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/ho...58/index5.html

7.49 with the Crackberry coupon code "crackb50" and we email you the unlock code within a few minutes.
    that's one option if you click on the link above and go through and read that...

haven't used the service but the thread is quite long so i guess if you skim through that you'll have a fair idea the process of unlocking the code if you can't go straight to at&t or the one who sold you the phone etc.
    Last edited by zensen; 09-11-10 at 08:46 AM.
    09-11-10 08:44 AM
    Quick question - if I buy an at&t Torch and attempt to use it here Down Under, will it work?
    Yes it will, just need to get it unlocked.
    09-12-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD