Hi guys,

Today I loaded the Desktop Manager for the first time, thought it was about time to get some tunes back onto the new BlackBerry.

I have now performed my first sync and the music has gone OK - however, for some reason, I cannot seem to delete the built-in artists / songs that are already on the phone, whether I delete them from the phone itself, or don't tick them on the desktop manager.

About 5 or 6 of the songs also have the same album cover, even though it isn't correct. Where it is getting that from and why it is branding a lot of the songs with the same artist album cover, I have no idea.

I don't have I Tunes, I literally moved a load of old downloads, that were in a programme, into a standard windows folder, but the sync still picked this up OK. Is it worth me downloading I-tunes as there's a chance it might correct things?

I also notice that the audio output quality both:

a) through headphones
    b) through loudspeaker (handset)

are nowhere near as good as the same quality as my previous 9700. The headphones supplied also were different and didn't look as good as the previous 9700 ones. the sounds seems very tinny to me and also to an extent, like it cannot handle bass very well - I checked to see if the bass boost was on, but it isn't - god knows what it will sounds like with added bass!

Anyway, rant over. Any feedback / suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks people.
    12-19-10 01:06 PM
    I just use the drag and drop in windows to move my mp3 files from a folder on my puter to the music folder on the Torch's memory card. I don't worry about the album cover art - sorry - but some of them just seem to appear anyway!

I didn't even bother to use the supplied headset cuz I'd heard they were a little underwhelming in terms of audio quality. Instead I went onto ebay and ordered a beautiful little headset - the "S2M" by Klipsch. Cost about $30 including the shipping. Really sweet stereo sound, lots of bass, clear high-notes - & they fit my ears so comfortably, plus it includes a little microphone with a button on it so if I'm listening to music when a call comes in, the Torch automatically mutes the music and I just click the little button on the mic and it answers the call, and people say the voice quality is really good when I'm using it for phone calls. There's my 2 worth.
    12-19-10 01:24 PM
    Cheers for the response Patrick.

That's exactly what I mean about the album cover art - it just appears out of the blue which is bugging, then to go and add the same cover to about 5 or 6 different artists songs - GRRR!

OK, your music file moving technique is pretty much the same as how I would do it. So basically, you just edit the name of your track etc (if you need to) and boom, by adding to the memory card, it has the same title and shows up correctly in Media - Music?
    12-19-10 01:35 PM
    Just make sure when you drag and drop, it has to go into the music folder. On my computer, the Torch music folder is G:\BlackBerry\music

On yours it might be F or H or some other letter.

What do you think about the headset I mentioned?
    12-19-10 01:44 PM
    Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure which one would be the default music folder for it - what's the best way to find out do you think?

I rate the idea, am definitely going to have to get another set as these ones are pretty poor.

I am in Canada over Xmas (flying out Weds) - my partner is from Montreal, so am looking to get a case and now headphones while we're out there.
    12-19-10 02:11 PM
    The sync method provided OTA and through desktop manager is wonky at best, a regular files drop from folder to folder usually suffices
    12-19-10 02:18 PM
    I just use the drag and drop in windows to move my mp3 files from a folder on my puter to the music folder on the Torch's memory card. I don't worry about the album cover art - sorry - but some of them just seem to appear anyway!

I didn't even bother to use the supplied headset cuz I'd heard they were a little underwhelming in terms of audio quality. Instead I went onto ebay and ordered a beautiful little headset - the "S2M" by Klipsch. Cost about $30 including the shipping. Really sweet stereo sound, lots of bass, clear high-notes - & they fit my ears so comfortably, plus it includes a little microphone with a button on it so if I'm listening to music when a call comes in, the Torch automatically mutes the music and I just click the little button on the mic and it answers the call, and people say the voice quality is really good when I'm using it for phone calls. There's my 2 worth.
    You're the third person(on CB) that has mentioned the "Klipsch" brand of headsets as being very good. I need to go ahead and order a pair on ebay as well.

@TheGrinder. I also noticed the sound quality difference between the 9800, and my 9700 as well-especially when utilizing the speakerphone or the headphones packaged with the device. Lol. I'm actually using the white headset from my old iphone that work fine.
    12-19-10 02:51 PM
    I want my Bold 9000 back
    12-19-10 03:21 PM
    All I did was update my Storm then that happened to me. Now, I have the Torch and I deleted the song file that picture appear on everything else. And it is still on 70% of my songs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 05:43 PM
    I want my Bold 9000 back
    now THAT is some kick a$$ sound!
    12-19-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD