Should have the Torch tomorrow . Being my second Berry , not sure how to make the swap .

1-) Do I just yank out the sim from the 8900 drop it into the Torch ?

2-) Will it come with 06 ?

3-) What needs to be done on the desktop so it see's the torch ( i'm sure it will probably recognize it and make adjustments )

I'm sure there will be more ?'s when it arrives , but this will help me and others ( maybe )

TIA , Stevie B
    09-16-10 01:11 PM
    Should have the Torch tomorrow . Being my second Berry , not sure how to make the swap .

1-) Do I just yank out the sim from the 8900 drop it into the Torch ?

2-) Will it come with 06 ?

3-) What needs to be done on the desktop so it see's the torch ( i'm sure it will probably recognize it and make adjustments )

I'm sure there will be more ?'s when it arrives , but this will help me and others ( maybe )

TIA , Stevie B

1- Open up your BB Desktop Manager. Do a backup of your 8900. Then do the device switcher. If you have any problems, search this forum and you will probably find your answer...

2- Torch comes with OS 6 loaded.

3- BB desktop will recognize it.
    09-16-10 01:37 PM
    ull want to load the latest leaked os (or at least .214). The difference between what the phone comes with, and these leaked operating systems is night and day.

There are full directions on how to do it in the forums, it isn't difficult at all.
    09-16-10 01:54 PM
    Thanks for your replies !!!

How about the couple apps I have , berry weather , pandora , google .......and the like .

I don't have many , but the weather one I paid for !!! and use it !!
    09-16-10 02:10 PM
    Once you get the Torch, you'll need to request a new license code for BerryWeather. And upgrade to .225 before you do anything!
    09-16-10 02:13 PM
    If you have purchased anything from ShopCB, change your PIN.
    09-16-10 02:26 PM
    Make sure you have the latest Pandora (the one released about a week ago), Facebook, and App World; the earlier ones won't work with OS6 and will mess up your device switch if you try to do it with them.

I went from an 8900 to a 9800 and those apps were the only problem children.
    09-16-10 02:40 PM
    Are today's phones being sold in the US still being sold with less than 214?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD