I was using 8520 for almost1.5 yrs untill its trackpad started giving problem. Given it for repairs.

Now using 9500 as a backup device which is horrible in the touchscreen. Before I buy a torch around 650$ here. Help me in answering some questions. Thanks.
    1. The media keys on 8520 were of great help in using it as an aux device. Does torch have these keys or inbuilt in the OS?
    2. How is the touchscreen on 9500 vis a vis torch assuming I dont use keyboard much?
    3. The tilting screen on 9500 is annoying. How is it on torch?
    4. If on landscape portrait with qwerty virtual keyboard, theres hardly any space left in the upper portion. How is it on torch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sidd1011; 01-23-11 at 01:21 AM.
    01-22-11 10:42 PM
    The keys are placed differently, but you can pause/play, skip songs and change volume.

The screen has no click. It's just the classic style of touchscreen. Works pretty darn well though, i must say.

You can lock the torch screen by sliding out the keyboard.

And yes, the landscape keyboard takes up more than half of the screen.

Hope that helps. You should probably try to play around with one before you buy it though. Good luck
    01-22-11 11:08 PM
    1. You can use the mute button to play and pause, and the volume buttons work to skip songs if you hold them down.
    2. :S I don't understand the question to be honest lol.
    3. If you have it slid open, it doesn't tilt
    4. Its not that bad

01-22-11 11:09 PM
    I like my torch better than my 8520. The virtual keys boards is aight. I don't use them much. Just to type a quick response or url. The virtual keyboards take up a lot of room on tje screen. Plus w/ the keyboard slid out the screen has lots of room.

01-22-11 11:46 PM
    @slc, thanks. I will try it before buying

@jacob, thanks! Edited it to make it clear.

@echo, thanks.

Just the virtual kryboard is a problem now

01-23-11 01:29 AM
    I tried it at a store today. Have one question.

Is there a way to hack the blackberry button open the menu rather than the 'open tray' menu?

01-23-11 09:09 AM
    I had the Storm 2 and loved it. I didn't even want to give it up for a Torch. Then I did the 30 day trial through ATT(the wife couldn't wait for Verizon iPhone hahaha). I don't know what I was thinking. The Torch is better at everything compared to the Storm. I slide out the keyboard to save screenspace all the time. The screen doesn't click anymore and I type faster because of it. The media I don't know too much about. The web browser alone would have taken me over from the Storm 2. I have not one regret.

01-25-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD