I just installed the .540 OS from Vodafone Ireland and since then, I have had my profiles reset to default the other night after a random reboot. I had to spend some time to set it up again from scratch. I was disappointed but it was bearable.

Today I discovered that my phone does not sound off at all on calls, messages, etc. regardless of what profile I use. This is the third time this has happened since the upgrade.

Things obviously worked again after a reboot but this particular problem is very dangerous specially with my wife due for labor any day now...imagine getting that emergency call while you're at work and your phone doesn't even notify you that there is a call incoming (loses the vibrate function as well)

RIM has to address this and I can't wait to see a new OS version pop out..I like the 9810 and would like to keep it after going through a carousel of temp phones (9930, and 9860) in the last month...

I just need it to work properly...that isn't too much to ask is it?
    11-28-11 05:01 PM
    This issue has been brought up and your two options are to wait for a new os or downgrade to a previous version. I would go with the downgrade due to your situation. I scolded my son for not calling me only to find out the damn ringer didnt go off and i didnt check first for a missed call.
    11-28-11 05:43 PM
    Well seems like all the 9810 releases are kinda flaky, some more, some less. The stock .261 works the most reliable, if there were not the danger that it bricks itself every now and then out of the blue. The fact that we are now at .5xx releases, it should be pretty much flawless. That is a shame, not very professional. Maybe that is why AT$T hasn't released another update, because of these problems.
    11-28-11 05:53 PM
    Haven't had any issues with 540. Best OS to date. Have you tried reloading the OS? Sometimes little bugs like this happen when installing. Haven't seen it posted by a lot of people so I'm going to assume its not an OS bug.
    11-28-11 09:59 PM
    Well seems like all the 9810 releases are kinda flaky, some more, some less. The stock .261 works the most reliable, if there were not the danger that it bricks itself every now and then out of the blue. The fact that we are now at .5xx releases, it should be pretty much flawless. That is a shame, not very professional. Maybe that is why AT$T hasn't released another update, because of these problems.
    ATT hasn't released a newer OS cause they are lazy. The 9800 official release from ATT after stock was one of the buggiest releases there was.
    11-28-11 10:00 PM
    thanks for sharing guys, I'll give it a day or two again before resorting to an OS downgrade..at the moment i still have bebuzz notifying me of calls thru flashing led anyway...not reliable I know since you don't have your eyes on the phone all the time but at this stage i'll save myself the frustration of having to reload everything and do an entire set up again because backup does not capture all the settings that is currently in place.
    11-28-11 11:06 PM
    I just installed the .540 OS from Vodafone Ireland and since then, I have had my profiles reset to default the other night after a random reboot. I had to spend some time to set it up again from scratch. I was disappointed but it was bearable.

Today I discovered that my phone does not sound off at all on calls, messages, etc. regardless of what profile I use. This is the third time this has happened since the upgrade.

Things obviously worked again after a reboot but this particular problem is very dangerous specially with my wife due for labor any day now...imagine getting that emergency call while you're at work and your phone doesn't even notify you that there is a call incoming (loses the vibrate function as well)

RIM has to address this and I can't wait to see a new OS version pop out..I like the 9810 and would like to keep it after going through a carousel of temp phones (9930, and 9860) in the last month...

I just need it to work properly...that isn't too much to ask is it?
    Same issue experienced today. I missed two call in the evening when I was in office and then I realised this bug. I asked my friend to call and it was not ringing and even there was no red LED notification also. After battery pull, everything was normal but this is really silly to miss important calls for stupid OS. Also, Its draining battery like anything. I decided to observe this OS two more days or I'll downgrade.
    11-29-11 09:07 AM
    Have either of you guys tried reloading the OS?

Sometimes little quirky things like this happen on an OS load. Why I dont know, but it happens. Seeing as it hasn't been reported en mass in the OS thread I'm thinking its not an actual OS bug but one of those quirky things that happens sometimes on an OS load.
    11-29-11 09:11 AM
    Have either of you guys tried reloading the OS?

Sometimes little quirky things like this happen on an OS load. Why I dont know, but it happens. Seeing as it hasn't been reported en mass in the OS thread I'm thinking its not an actual OS bug but one of those quirky things that happens sometimes on an OS load.
    Homer, I never reloaded os on my old 8520. Is it easy with DM or shall I do with apploader ? Do I need to wipe my phone first ?? Please let me know as I never did it. I will try once I get back home.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-11 10:43 AM
    Experiencing the same problem. Reloaded the os...same problem. A battery pull clears it up, but there may be a corrupt java to blame.
    11-29-11 07:02 PM
    To be honest I'm now having notification issues. Just not receiving notification in the notification area. Not quite the degree you guys are seeing as my device rings and such, just no icons for certain things. Going to roll back to 474 for a while and see if it is the OS.
    11-30-11 06:40 AM
    I found a solution, if anyone is daring enough to attempt. It appears that apploader/DM isn't installing the all of the media loader files. If you know how to navigate the java folder, which is installed on your computer, and you know how to use BBSAK or the like, re-inject this group of cod: net_rim_medialoader_avatar.cod...and the 2 net_rim_medialoader_ringtones..cod.
    If you do NOT know what you're doing, restore to a previous version of the 9810 os.
    Hope this helps
    11-30-11 08:12 AM
    .540 has been perfect for me up until today but I just encountered the �sound issue� as described above with no sounds for all phone calls/messages. I played around with all profile settings to no avail. A re-boot fixed it.
    12-04-11 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD