Every iPhone and Android user in these forums claims to get 48 hours of battery life while using the phone constantly. It's amazing!
    almost as amazing as the BB owners who claim the same thing isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 04:00 PM
    Except that with the Blackberry, given the fact that they're not as power intensive, it's believable.
    Having had a 3GS, there is NO WAY I could get 48 hours of battery life....the thing used up juice just sitting on my desk without me even touching it. Conversely, I routinely got two days out of my 9700 and get almost as much with my work issued 9650, and I'm currently getting over a day and a half from my 9800. I did discover that the secret for me for the 9800 was using my 9700 case, puts it on sleep mode.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 09-12-10 at 04:20 PM.
    09-12-10 04:05 PM
    almost as amazing as the BB owners who claim the same thing isn't it?
    Except that BB's are notorious for outstanding battery life.

I never said the Torch has amazing battery life. It definitely outlasts my girlfriend's iPhone 3GS easily.

In real life, not on these forums, my friends with iPhones hate the battery life. Take it for what you will.
    09-12-10 04:18 PM
    Except that BB's are notorious for outstanding battery life.

I never said the Torch has amazing battery life. It definitely outlasts my girlfriend's iPhone 3GS easily.

In real life, not on these forums, my friends with iPhones hate the battery life. Take it for what you will.
    Battery life is wholesomely dependent on what you do with the device.

Every device I've owned can make it throug the day easily with just basic texting emails and a few phone calls in a day, maybe some music and web. Nothing special to be honest...

On the flipside no device I've owned (lets see...8130/8330/9530/8900/9000/3GS/EVO/1ghz Pre) has even been remotely close to breaking 6 hours of HEAVY USE. I'm talking streaming Pandora and web surfing at the same time while sending a barrage of texts, close to recieving 60+ emails especially after responding to a popular thread on here or else where. Maybe 20-30 mins of Youtube and of course a few phone calls.

I'm not going to blame the device for having bad battery life when I know I push every phone I have owned to it's limits usage wise. When people claim 2 days battery life I call instant bull****, they either 1) are lightly using the device or 2) outright overexaggerating.

All in All it depends on your usage, because I can guarantee no BB will be making it beyond the 6 hour mark on ACTUAL heavy usage.
    09-12-10 04:58 PM
    Going back to the processor discussion. Nokia the World's Number 1 phone manufacturer. World meaning North America plus all the other countries, is releasing the N8 which houses a 624Mhz processor. So, do we need to beat up Nokia as well?
    If only phone companies release phones with accompanying explanation why they chose a particular component, then no one would be debating on why why why?

09-12-10 04:58 PM
    Going back to the processor discussion. Nokia the World's Number 1 phone manufacturer. World meaning North America plus all the other countries, is releasing the N8 which houses a 624Mhz processor. So, do we need to beat up Nokia as well?
    If only phone companies release phones with accompanying explanation why they chose a particular component, then no one would be debating on why why why?
    Nokia is getting crushed on the smartphone side of things though.
    09-12-10 05:18 PM
    Battery life is wholesomely dependent on what you do with the device.
    Thank you for stating the obvious.
    09-12-10 05:19 PM
    I will agree that my i4 kills my 9800 in power management. I would compare the i4 to the 9700 and compare the 9800 to the 3GS.
    09-12-10 05:37 PM
    Well... I went and looked at the torch today -- again. Recently I switched from a 9700 to the iPhone 4. I really want to get this phone, but I am so worried that it will be as a previous poster stated; basically the storm saga all over.

The iPhone is great and I have no issues whatsoever with using it. I just miss my keyboard and the experience of using a blackberry. Really I cannot explain my fascination with rim and their products in words. Blackberry just calls to me.

My question is this: would anyone in their right mind give up the iPhone 4 for the torch? The phones cost the same and my needs can be addressed by either phone. I'm not dependent on email, don't browse the net much or text heavily. The only app I may miss is netflix on the iPhone. However, I have an iPad and an iPod touch that address that concern.

Being that I sold my 9700. I may just take the iPhone back and used my back up berry, an 8310 until the upgraded 9780 comes out. Sigh...

Any thoughts?
    09-12-10 05:51 PM
    Very impressive. What else did you use your phone for in those 18h 25m?

By the looks of it your device beats any Blackberry devices on the market in battery life right now. If that's the case there's no longer any reason to get a BB for battery life.
    Send about 50 texts and browsed the web for an hour. Sent about 7 or so emails as well. Had Pandora streaming for over 45 min and a total of 20min worth of phone calls. Motorola Android devices get incredible battery life. I have no reason to make this up.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-12-10 at 06:10 PM.
    09-12-10 05:58 PM
    Send about 50 texts and browsed the web for an hour. Also has Pandora streaming for 45 min and a total of 20min worth of phone calls. Motorola Android devices et incredible battery life. I have no reason to make this up.

You are a droid user who trolls a Blackberry message board. That seems like a reason to make stuff up. BTW....you are making stuff up. But it's okay whatever gets you to sleep at night.
    09-12-10 06:09 PM
    Every iPhone and Android user in these forums claims to get 48 hours of battery life while using the phone constantly. It's amazing!
    It all depends on the user and how they have their device set up. I manage my device very well so I am able to get these numbers.
    09-12-10 06:11 PM
    You are a droid user who trolls a Blackberry message board. That seems like a reason to make stuff up. BTW....you are making stuff up. But it's okay whatever gets you to sleep at night.
    I'm not trolling. I am participating in a discussion forum and I am a member of CrackBerry. I am allowed to do so. Have a problem with it? Too bad. You don't know my history of devices nor do I care to tell you. Just know, i am not one of these users that created an account to troll a BB forum without owning a BB. I own/owned several BBs.
    09-12-10 06:14 PM
    I'm not trolling. I am participating in a discussion forum and I am a member of CrackBerry. I am allowed to do so. Have a problem with it? Too bad. You don't know my history of devices nor do I care to tell you. Just know, i am not one of these users that created an account to troll a BB forum without owning a BB. I own/owned several BBs.
    And if he wants to troll crackberry with over 5000 posts. then let him. But he is correct. Moto Droid, Droid2, and Droid X have some of the best bat life in the smartphone business. Their batt life is probably 2-3 times better than on my HTC Droid Incredible.

And yes, the 624 Mhz processor is a joke, so is the screen resolution, the OS6, and the rest of the hardware, and this is comming from a long time bb user :/
    Last edited by x1208x; 09-12-10 at 06:26 PM.
    09-12-10 06:18 PM
    Having owned various blackberry and a few iPhones, I can say that the iPhone, for me, does not get the battery life of my 9700. This is probably caused by me using the phone more often. I'm always on it.

I've met a few android owners and they are constantly complaining about the batty life on their phone. Again! Ymmv
    09-12-10 06:37 PM

My question is this: would anyone in their right mind give up the iPhone 4 for the torch? The phones cost the same and my needs can be addressed by either phone. I'm not dependent on email, don't browse the net much or text heavily. The only app I may miss is netflix on the iPhone. However, I have an iPad and an iPod touch that address that concern.

Any thoughts?
    I am on my right mind. I have owned/still own iphones 3G and 3GS. I considered the iphone 4 but went with the Torch and stayed with it. The experience with the iphone 4 is pretty much the same with the 3GS. Except for the retina display and the face time feature.
    I also own an ipad and an ipod touch so I believe the decision was a lot easier for me. And NO Torch and iphone 4 doesn't cost the same. One is 499 and the other is 599 which is a very expensive ipod Touch with phone function

09-12-10 07:08 PM
    When I mentioned cost -- I was thinking my out of pocket expense; both phones would cost me 199 due to my upgrade. The data plan prices are the same. I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan @ 30.00.
    09-12-10 07:20 PM
    This thread is a joke.
    +2 totally agree
    09-12-10 07:38 PM
    i wonder if he installed the .214 OS update :S
    09-12-10 07:41 PM

I don't need to know your history, nor do I care. You waxing poetic and spinning tales of unending battery life and your 1 million ghz processor on your undersized netbook with the unoriginal name, go ahead.
    Like I said whatever gets you to sleep at night. But by the Urban Dictionary definition.....ahh nevermind. Sleep tight.

p.s. 50 texts, 5 email, and some surfing? 9-9:30 for me.
    09-12-10 08:08 PM
    I get a day out of my iPhone 4 under heavy use (gaming, etc). It is FAR better on battery life than my Torch was, and about the same as my 9700.
    I found the Torch to have better battery life. It just goes to show that different people will experience different battery behavior based on what they do with the phones. If I turn on Netflix or play games on my i4 it runs dead quickly, but I never ran that junk on the Torch. My Torch never got below 50% no matter what I did with it. And, I get about 75-100 emails per day and read most on my phone. Since switching to the iPhone, which sucks for email, I wait until I get to my computer to go through emails thoroughly. I actually find putting the BB down and picking up the iPhone has allowed me to put work down when I'm home just because the iPhone's email sucks so bad.
    09-12-10 08:15 PM
    lmfao i'd say more like 9-9:15 lol
    09-12-10 08:17 PM
    I don't need to know your history, nor do I care. You waxing poetic and spinning tales of unending battery life and your 1 million ghz processor on your undersized netbook with the unoriginal name, go ahead.
    Like I said whatever gets you to sleep at night. But by the Urban Dictionary definition.....ahh nevermind. Sleep tight.

Lol whatever man. No sense arguing with you. Waste of my time. Poetic? lol ok. No one said unending battery life. Sorry there are devices that can actually compete in the battery department.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-12-10 at 09:07 PM.
    09-12-10 09:05 PM
    I find it very hard to believe iphone ownes get 12gb a month of data.

Well, I'm not making things up. I live in my country, you know.

Take a read here.

I pay close to SGD 40 for the same voice/text but only 1 GB of data. This is what I have to pay for using BIS. The prices you see on the charts under VAS and Blackberry Plan are not inclusive of voice/text.
    Last edited by Derwent Graphite; 09-12-10 at 10:10 PM.
    09-12-10 10:06 PM
    These battery arguments are getting pretty old. I hate the ip4,but i did test it out for a few days and was very impressed with the battery life..just hated the rest. Im not surprised when Crucial_Extreme says his ip4 kills the Torch in battery life, i most definitely believe him, but i would still take the Torch over the iphone anyday. And for what's its worth, i very easily get thru a whole day without charge with my Vibrant and i consider myself a heavy user so you Android battery bashers...
    find something else. Is it as good as my 9700....no it isn't but even if i had to charge it 3 times a day i would still buy it,that's how much i like it. Some people are very light users and battery life isn't a concern. All i hear is how good battery life is on a blackberry and others are bad while i think BB's have alot more to offer than just good battery. If the ip4 's battery could last a week without charge, i still wouldn't buy it but i will buy an Android device even if it only lasts half a day and i would most certainly buy another Blackberry again.

09-12-10 10:08 PM
310 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD