From my experience as a courier I can tell you if you move a lot your battery will be drained a lot faster. Must be the changing from cell tower to sell tower. Also going inside some buildings will drop your signal to 2g then back to 3g when back outside. Ultimately a touch screen phone will never have the battery life of a non touch screen phone. My advice would be to use a pouch with the sleeper magnet, always helps a lot. From my experience with the Storm even if you put the phone to sleep by pressing the top left button the screen would still light up if you pressed the right buttons, when in the sleeper pouch that doesn't happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I took my phone off the charger at 430PM. About an hour worth of phone calls, 20 txts, 6 bbms, 1 picture, 30mins of Facebook, and 30mins of internet usage my phone is at 35% batt life at 1130PM. I also had Bluetooth running the whole time. I am definetly changing to 2g only. I am usally aware of running programs so I don't keep any running.

10-18-10 10:48 PM
    I think your battery might be faulty. For me I finally got my browser fixed and about 6 hour battery life and I have AIM, google maps, google latitude emails, music player, RSS feed on all the time. I also text constantly too. But the thing is I usually get 3g full reception everywhere, so I guess it could be looking for a signal all the time. My BB 8800 had about 8 hours battery life with constant texting with google maps latitude and no browsing. I have my network settings to 3g and 2g if that helps.

Last edited by D3vin; 10-19-10 at 12:41 AM.
    10-19-10 12:36 AM
    I took my phone off the charger at 430PM. About an hour worth of phone calls, 20 txts, 6 bbms, 1 picture, 30mins of Facebook, and 30mins of internet usage my phone is at 35% batt life at 1130PM. I also had Bluetooth running the whole time. I am definetly changing to 2g only. I am usally aware of running programs so I don't keep any running.

Bluetooth constantly drains battery. I would not recommend leaving it on except for headset when driving and sending files.

10-19-10 12:38 AM
    I guess my battery performance is a lil better. Its been about 12hrs and I am at 61% batt power. I have recently upgraded to .246 and changed my mobile network to 2g only.

10-19-10 11:43 PM
    I never post but I felt compelled to post this...

I had the same problem as you! My battery would only last about 6 or 7 hours with hardly any use! But I downloaded the uprgaded system .246 and switched off my 3g and I have been using my phone for the last 3 hours and its barely at 95% ... Its very easy to download the upgrade just go to the link below and follow directions ( I am a first time blackberry owner too)... It takes about 30 minutes to do!

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    10-20-10 01:11 AM
    I also realized that I was apart of a BBM group and they like to constantly chatter, I left the group 3 days ago and my battery has been incredible.

From 7:30am to 8pm last night, my battery was at 45%!
    10-20-10 07:28 AM
    My phone is used for both Business and Personal use. I am a heavy user with phone calls and emails.

Having said that, I would recommend getting MeterBerry like the others have said. It is a great app and very useful. In addition to the battery it monitors your memory. It shows a log of battery and memory showing you the "drainage" in 30 minute intervals. I am constantly monitoring my battery with MeterBerry.

I always have Wi-Fi on, settings for backlight and brightness are at their lowest level. This is my average discharge rate from MeterBerry

- Idle = 1.5%
    - Heavy use = 3.5%
    - Bluetooth on (earpiece device on) = 9.5-10%
    10-21-10 06:56 AM
    my wifi is on alot when im at home. Not while im out and it is searching for new wifi connections though. BBM groups are a battery killer so i dont do them. Social feeds like one of the other posters said is also a battery juice drinker. And my gps is turned off too. Love my torch!
    10-21-10 07:18 AM
    as a first time blackberry user myself i'd like to thank for the advice of disabling 3G, that was amazing how effective that was lol, living outside of a 3G area i assumed it wouldn't matter. Thanks for the advice.
    10-22-10 08:17 AM
    When I turn my Torch off at night and I wake up the next morning, the whole battery gets drained for no reason. I left wifi on but the phone is off and the battery still gets drained. Has this happened to anyone?
    That's exactly the same issue I had. It has to do with turning on WiFi, turning off 3G and plugging it in overnight.

If you set it to Wifi only over night and plug it in, then the battery PRETENDS to charge, but ends up drained the next day. If I left it on 3G, I don't think it would be the same problem.

All these explanations about changing the battery is not the solution. It's a software issue with the Torch OS.
    10-22-10 10:02 AM
    acquiring for signal is the greatest battery drain for any devices.
    10-22-10 10:15 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD