02-01-11 09:12 PM
63 123
tools
    Great info Miith! I hope what luqman24 point out regarding audio turns out to be true! I'm baffled to see the poor audio quality over BT of the Torch with .337 as opposed to the excellent quality of 8520 replacement phone they gave me while my phone is undergoing repairs!

Thanks folks! I will surely skip .448 and go strait to .450 as soon as I get my phone back
    01-31-11 03:28 AM
    Thanks guys! Seems likely that it will bee the .450 route...

Anyone else wants to share their thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I had .450 for a day but faced with error while syncing with outlook. Contacts were creating problems. every time, it was booted got error. Y'day, I had 4 times, wiped my torch and reloaded .450 but after retoring of contacts, errors were persistent. I tried even restoring one by one to figure out which aspect has been creating errors.
    I had to turned back to .448 and everything is smooth now. As far as, features are concerened, both are of same. Not much difference.
    01-31-11 03:35 AM
    The corners of your screen are now rounded.
    The focus box in the camera is now bent corners, not a box.
    The browser now opens links in tabs beside the current tab.
    Loading tabs have a would be animated loading image.
    Sms messages always appear on the bottom.
    Keyboard shortcuts work in sms messages.
    When watching a video, tapping on the screen will make controls appear AND now dissapear as well.
    When battery is fully charged, a plug appears.
    Your phone can now make cookies.

(.450)

All the above plus I've found -

-Virtual keyboard is alot more responsive - I'm making alot less spelling mistakes

Almost as good as typing on my old Iphone, finally feels good enough for me to be able to stop using the physical keyboard.

01-31-11 04:52 AM
    Folks

I currently have my Torch undergoing repair/replacement process and as soon as I get it back I'm going to load one of these two leaks (my carrier is stuck on .246)

So after reading the forums I can't make up my mind which of the two to use. I don't use Sixtools so the bug related to it doesn't bother me a lot. It seems that .448 has better graphics/colors...

Anyone wants to shed some light on this subject?

TIA

Funny because I have the same problem. I sent my phone in for repair on Thursday, one day before the releases came out. I uploaded .450 to my computer so it's ready to be installed when my phone comes back. Can't wait! Good luck making your decision.
    01-31-11 07:33 AM
    Long story short, .450 fixes all the bugs that were existing in .448. Been running it for 2 days and haven't had one complaint. Battery lasts 2ice as long as in previous builds and will definitely last you 2-3 days on moderate or minimal use. This is what we have been waiting for and is 100% worth the wait.

What bugs were in .448? I read about one - a pop-up bug surfacing in using certain apps. What other bugs are there?
    01-31-11 07:50 AM
    When watching a video, tapping on the screen will make controls appear AND now dissapear as well.

(.450)

Something else, the notification area now fully works. Prior to .450 (never tried .448 though), BBM would never disappear from the list and/or appointment would not show up.
    01-31-11 07:54 AM
    I never used 448, but I've been using 450 since it leaked and its smooth and light for me . Installation was fast too.

01-31-11 07:56 AM
    My camera is almost completely dark in .450...cant see anything...even with flash on and even in video.
    01-31-11 09:23 AM
    Seriously, typing on virtual keyboard is muuuuuuch more accurate on 450... That was the only considerable aspect of the phone that I didn't really like before...

I only have rounded corners on the bottom...

No install issues... No conflicts... But I probably have the least amount of apps vs most of you guys...

01-31-11 10:31 AM

(.450)

i agree with all the statments above except:

- When watching a video, tapping on the screen will make controls appear AND now dissapear as well.

this was always the case for me on .337 it was not an issue.

previously, my Torch only made chocolate chip cookies (the soft kind). it now also makes oatmeal raisin! and i like it.
    01-31-11 01:56 PM
    I had to go back to .448 because I was not able to run facebook for beejive at all, I tried like 10 battery pull and 2 complete wipe out and reinstall, as soon as I install the .448, the problem is gone.

I need my beejive so I'm staying with .448 for now.

and I love that fade in icon when charging, I wonder why it's gone on .450
    01-31-11 02:01 PM

previously, my Torch only made chocolate chip cookies (the soft kind). it now also makes oatmeal raisin! and i like it.[/QUOTE]

Okay, now I can NOT wait until my Torch comes back from the shop. Maybe some peanut butter ones are in the future for me. My Torch will have to surprise me!
    01-31-11 02:28 PM
    Neither .448 or .450 makes Doughnuts? *sigh*

LOL!

01-31-11 02:33 PM
    Has anyone noticed on the .450 that the text messages vanish and the only way for them to come back is to do a Battery Pull? Oh and today I noticed my homescreen icons were messing up; it was like the whole half screen had taken off the icons and replaced part of it with my wallpaper and I couldn't even bring the shield down all the way to where the Arrow shows to hide the icons.
    Then it takes like 3-4 tries to Paste a conversation to another person's text message using the keyboard shortcut Shift A and the Trackpad.
    01-31-11 08:13 PM
    I was having issues with my .450 install so I reinstalled and realized I has a few old versions installed on my computer. After deleting and reinstalling, .450 is workin great and is really smooth. And according to my memoryup pro, I'm using 3-4% less memory.

01-31-11 08:48 PM
    well these are some really mixed reviews. i wouldnt mind trying it over .448, but im hesitant now.
    01-31-11 08:57 PM
    well these are some really mixed reviews. i wouldnt mind trying it over .448, but im hesitant now.
    I did not try .448, but .450 is a solid build. Overall, browser and touch screen is a little smoother than .337 but I do not see any negatives with this OS at all.

01-31-11 09:38 PM
    I skipped .448 and went straight from .337 to .450. Because I had a few issues with my .337 install, I decided to do a clean install of .450 instead of an upgrade. Been on it for almost two days now, love the build, so far none of the issues I had with .337 have come back. I'll have to give it another week though to see if they're gone for good.
    01-31-11 11:24 PM
    Still getting a crash when uploading to fb.

Really? Are you using Facebook .20 or .26? When I upgraded to .26 I stopped getting the picture upload issue. And this was when I was still on .337.
    02-01-11 01:53 AM
    Upload of photos does work. But I don't get notifications anymore. I am in .26 that came with .450.
    02-01-11 02:59 AM
    Seriously, typing on virtual keyboard is muuuuuuch more accurate on 450... That was the only considerable aspect of the phone that I didn't really like before...

I only have rounded corners on the bottom...

No install issues... No conflicts... But I probably have the least amount of apps vs most of you guys...

Compared to .448?
    02-01-11 03:40 AM
    I had constant "uncaught exception" (or something like that) error messages with 450. Did a half dozen batt pulls-- no help. Went back to 337 for a day to calm my nerves, lol, and last night went to 448. so far so good with 448. Everything is smooth. Can't wait to use it today.

02-01-11 06:38 AM
    I installed 448 when it came out and used it for a couple days before I installed 450. Both I also installed the BDHP Hybrid. 448 was smooth, fast and no issues whatsoever. 450 installed fast but kept getting "uncaught exception" errors. I gave it a couple days. I revereted back to 448. 448 is a much more stable OS (with the BDHP hybrid) than 450. Thats my experience anyways.
    02-01-11 07:36 AM
    Thanks guys! Seems likely that it will bee the .450 route...

Anyone else wants to share their thoughts?

Tried both, preferred .448.

.450 was pretty unstable on my device, however many users report that it's better compared to .448.
    02-01-11 08:18 AM
    Battery Life, with my Torch and Apps, much better on 448 as well
    02-01-11 08:40 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD