Folks

I currently have my Torch undergoing repair/replacement process and as soon as I get it back I'm going to load one of these two leaks (my carrier is stuck on .246)

So after reading the forums I can't make up my mind which of the two to use. I don't use Sixtools so the bug related to it doesn't bother me a lot. It seems that .448 has better graphics/colors...

Anyone wants to shed some light on this subject?

TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 11:09 AM
    Search... There already many threads on this issue.
    01-30-11 11:21 AM
    Thanks for your help

I HAVE been reading around but couldn't find a nice summary of this to make a decision quickly without browsing for ever. I'm sure there are LOTS of people in the same boat as me.

01-30-11 11:38 AM
    I didn't notice much of a functional difference between them, but I only used 448 for less than a day (haven't had a full day on 450 either). The biggest difference for me was the install - 448 was buggy and 450 worked perfectly.
    01-30-11 11:47 AM
    Thanks for your input oppy!

Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

01-30-11 01:00 PM
    I am 24 hours on .450 and all is good! (Didn't try .448 as there was a reported bug in e-mail "pop-up" apps.)
    01-30-11 01:03 PM
    I suspect that many people (like me) didn't spend a lot of time with .448. I was really liking what I saw with .448, and wasn't aware of any drawbacks. But I get so excited about a new OS that I went ahead and installed .450 1st thing yesterday morning.

I don't see any knock-your-socks-off improvements with either, but they both seem to make steady incremental improvement over .337 which is expected. I notice that there are quite a few heavy hitters that have yet to weigh in, probably since this happened over the weekend. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow we'll see some of their responses. I see a lot of comments by relatively new members (yeah, I'm one )and I take those with a grain of salt.
    01-30-11 01:14 PM
    Thanks guys! Seems likely that it will bee the .450 route...

Anyone else wants to share their thoughts?

01-30-11 01:36 PM
    Only thing I've noticed so far is my battery drain is a lot faster. Goes down 10% over night. And 5% in about 2-3 hrs durring the day. I'm not a heavy web surfer, usually just check for new txts and FB every 30 mins or so. I didn't have this much drain with previous version. I have done 4 battery pulls.

I went from .337 to .450.

01-30-11 03:07 PM
    There was a bug in 448 which caused problems with some apps. It was fixed in 450.
    01-30-11 03:29 PM
    Well right now I don't use any of the apps affected by the .448 bug (I.e. SixTools) so that wouldn't be an issue, yet as there SEEMS to be no mayor difference and indeed .450 is newer and no added bug to it...

01-30-11 03:42 PM
    Do you guys experiencew the picture lag when you scroll through pictures in .450? I had .448 and there was no lag but I do experience it in .450 which is kind of odd.

01-30-11 05:17 PM
    Do you guys experiencew the picture lag when you scroll through pictures in .450? I had .448 and there was no lag but I do experience it in .450 which is kind of odd.

I don't think it's that strange. Usually there are multiple teams working on builds, so what was in 448 doesn't necessarily mean that it's in 450, too. Especially seeing how hours after 448, 450 was leaked.
    01-30-11 05:28 PM
    I don't think it's that strange. Usually there are multiple teams working on builds, so what was in 448 doesn't necessarily mean that it's in 450, too. Especially seeing how hours after 448, 450 was leaked.
    Plus 450 doesn't have the charging icon that fades in/out like 448 had.
    01-30-11 05:31 PM
    But still, you would think that when they released .450 they would carry over things they fixed in .448. Or you would think since they were released hours after eachother that maybe they discovered a bug in .448 and fixed it immediately for .450

01-30-11 05:43 PM
    i went from 337 to 448 and battery drain has increased dramatically.
    01-30-11 06:59 PM
    Still getting a crash when uploading to fb.

01-30-11 07:08 PM
    Folks

I currently have my Torch undergoing repair/replacement process and as soon as I get it back I'm going to load one of these two leaks (my carrier is stuck on .246)

So after reading the forums I can't make up my mind which of the two to use. I don't use Sixtools so the bug related to it doesn't bother me a lot. It seems that .448 has better graphics/colors...

Anyone wants to shed some light on this subject?

TIA

Let's see: I've used both leaks. 450 installs faster; boot time is shorter on reboots/battery pulls; no problems with any of my apps (WeatherBerry; USAA Banking App; ProOnGo; Google Maps; Vlingo; Facebook; Twitter; to name the main ones...I find battery drain is lower on my Torch with 450 (using BatteryPlus log, I am only dropping between 1 - 3% per hr, depending upon texting/emailing. It was also very good on 448. Both much better than 337. Also, both do well so far as picture rendering (both much better than 337).

I've only had 450 on my Torch for about a day. Hope that helps. Personally, after the fact, I'd go with 450 right up front.
    01-30-11 07:14 PM
    Just dont think so much and get the latest .450. The difference will not be heaven and earth. I did try to install .448 for like 1 day. To me, everything is ok and I am not experiencing what people are experiencing like picture lag etc.

On the .450, its also very good. I have not experienced anything unusual aside from my subjective opinion on the battery life but I guess I also need to wait for a few more days to see to truely see the battery life on this .450.

- Charles
    01-30-11 08:57 PM
    I updated to 450. Have not seen any issues with the photo, browser is fast, apps open quicker. So far so good.
    01-30-11 09:18 PM
    Long story short, .450 fixes all the bugs that were existing in .448. Been running it for 2 days and haven't had one complaint. Battery lasts 2ice as long as in previous builds and will definitely last you 2-3 days on moderate or minimal use. This is what we have been waiting for and is 100% worth the wait.

Last edited by luqman24; 01-30-11 at 09:44 PM.
    01-30-11 09:28 PM
    .450 with no installation issues. I haven't noticed any negatives, but no real gains either :\
    01-30-11 11:04 PM
    .450 with no installation issues. I haven't noticed any negatives, but no real gains either :\
    The corners of your screen are now rounded.
    The focus box in the camera is now bent corners, not a box.
    The browser now opens links in tabs beside the current tab.
    Loading tabs have a would be animated loading image.
    Sms messages always appear on the bottom.
    Keyboard shortcuts work in sms messages.
    When watching a video, tapping on the screen will make controls appear AND now dissapear as well.
    When battery is fully charged, a plug appears.
    Your phone can now make cookies.

(.450)

01-30-11 11:10 PM
    I don't know if its me or its a fix but the bass in this update are better as oppsoded to previous updates when listening through headphones. Anyone else noticing this too?

01-30-11 11:24 PM
    haha thanks iMiiTH. Only 2 or 3 of those are actually going to make a Real difference to me (not having to scroll down the sms messages is Great news!)
    01-30-11 11:30 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD