Hi guys,

I've got a problem and was hoping some of you blackberry addicts might be able to help!

Having a problem with my new torch. I purchased a 32gb MicroSDHC card so that I could use the phone as my music player too. Whenever I transfer music files to the card, wait til the transfer is done and unplug the phone I then get an error message on the phone saying "A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now?"

If I choose to repair the files, the phone slows right down becoming practically unusable, and stays this way for hours whilst trying to fix the files, when it finishes the files are inaccessible. If I choose no, the memory card remains inaccessible.

The phone came with a 4gb MicroSDHC card, this lets me transfer music the card using the DM without ANY problems whatsoever, functions fine all the time. I have tried switching back to this card, this continues to work fine, suggesting to me that the problem is with the new card.

I have tried formatting the card using both the BB device, and also using my pc, to no avail.

Is the card just knackered? If so, can it be sorted or should I just send it back for a refund? Is anyone else having problems with the 32gb card support?

Thanks
    01-17-11 05:26 PM
    Where did you purchase this card?

If it from eBay, there is a good possibility it is a fake.
    01-17-11 05:29 PM
    have u tested the card without the phone? maybe use an adapter and put it in an sd slot in a computer and check what the real space is or format and start fresh again. lak611 could be correct as well the card can be a fake.
    01-17-11 05:47 PM
    What brand

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 09:33 PM
    It is a SanDisk memory card, I did buy it from eBay, I didn't think about the possibility of it being a fake, is this usually a problem? I was careful to pick out a seller with 100% fedback and buyer protection etc and it did come in SanDisk packaging (which of course could be faked too?!) is there any easy way to tell?

I have tried looking directly at the files on the card using an adaptor, and my computer detects that I've plugged a SanDisk adaptop in, but can't seem to read the card.
    01-18-11 12:27 AM
    Sounds to me like a fake.
    How much was said card?
    01-18-11 12:38 AM
    60! Which I thought was a reasonable ebay price! Is there any way of telling if it's a fake?

The seller has agreed to replace or refund and is listed with paypal buyer protection so I'm not too worried, just annoyed! I want my torch to work wirh the 32gb card!

01-18-11 07:05 AM
    I would send it back and get a replacement. No sense in giving yourself fits over a faulty card.
    01-18-11 07:07 AM
    Try the card in your computer first using the media adapter. I've had issues transferring to the BB with a few cards that ranged from 4gb to 16gb. All of which were purchased from big box stores and all of which worked properly after reformatting and copying using the media card adapter.
    01-18-11 07:34 AM
    Bought sandisk on ebay and had same problems you describe. It was def a fake. Bought same card from amazon marketplace for a little more money and had no problems. Return it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-18-11 07:41 AM
    I purchased a sandisk 16gb card about 18 months ago on ebay. Not only did the card not store data, it became incredibly hot.

I returned it to the vendor who sent me a new sandisk card, and I've been happily using it ever since. The OPs may be a faulty sandisk card. Mine, I'm not sure if the original and/or the replacement were real or fake, but I've been happy with my purchase.
    01-18-11 07:53 AM
    cheers all, looks like I'll send it back for a replacement or a refund and see what goes on from there.
    01-18-11 09:50 AM
    Good luck....my experience with vendors with high feedback scores has been good. It may cost you the return shipping, but a 32gb micro sd will be an awesome upgrade and worth the wait.
    01-18-11 01:37 PM
    I bought mine local. I had to format mine on my pc before I could use it in my BB. What I'm trying to figure out is how did you write to it to begin with. I'm assumeing you just plugged your BB up to your pc and transfered files over but did you do a MP synch or drop and drop? Why I'm asking is if you done a drag and drop if you seen the BB folders or if it was just a blankcard. If you can hook the BB back up to your pc. See if you can find your files. You might have to delete your files the reformat the card. I find I have less troubles if I transfer fewer files at a time with these larger cards. I noticed with my 8 and 16 gb vards that sometimes transfers a lot of files at 1 time would cause trouble.

01-18-11 02:37 PM
    For the first time I put it in the BB itsself, which did its own formatting of the card. I think plugged it into the pc and used the desktop manager, to try it out I just did a couple of albums transfer on that, and it said it was completed. I then unplugged it and the BB immediately gave the errors message that I wrote down in my first post. I have tried formatting it again multiple times both on the BB device and also directly on the computer but to no avail, every time I put any files on the card whether using desktop manager or directly dragging and dropping and then try and and use it I get the same message and problem.
    01-19-11 09:51 AM
    I am having the exact same problem. What have you done to sort this out or have you asked for a refund? If so where did you get your replacement card and did it work okay? thanks
    01-30-11 05:11 PM
    anyone in england looking for the card for the best price, i went with this one
    7dayshop.com - Online Store

its worked flawlessly since it arrived and its near full
    01-30-11 07:14 PM
    anyone in england looking for the card for the best price, i went with this one
    7dayshop.com - Online Store

its worked flawlessly since it arrived and its near full
    thanks i'll be using that if I cant get mine fixed
    01-31-11 12:48 PM
    I am having the exact same problem. What have you done to sort this out or have you asked for a refund? If so where did you get your replacement card and did it work okay? thanks
    I just returned mine to the eBay vendor (cost me 6 bucks to courier) and they sent me a replacement that worked fine. All worked well, though as I recall I emailed a few times to get a return authorization number.
    02-02-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD