10-08-10 12:16 PM
29 12
tools
    I was with Bell for almost 10 years. They USED to be ok but in the last few years they went into the toilet for customer service. Everything is outsourced to India for mobility and there are constant screw ups. Took me almost 4 months and countless calls to fix their billing error! I know it's really one big dump corp vs another but the service is way better at Rogers. Especially with business and their Live Agent.... no more emily prompts!
    10-08-10 08:29 AM
    rogers is the way to go. i was with telus (since it was clearNET in toronto) 1999-2008. they treated me great but i grew tire of CDMA issues. i know they have the fancy HSPA and all that but from friends who have had to switch their plans over and get a good retentions deal it's next to impossible. on the other hand, client relations at rogers has been top notch. i also support the comments regarding their IVR improvements -- it has made a world of difference to the customer service aspect of their game.
    10-08-10 10:15 AM
    i know its not a option but i have to agree with my telus brothers

i have had all 3 of the big 3 and found that telus will screw you the least, rogers will constantly overcharge you and take months to fix and also in my area at least they have horrible signal, bell oh man dont get me started on their customer service and yet again getting random charges that take months to fix

the new Belus network is hands down the best and fastest network cause all they did was add it to their existing CDMA towers so their coverage is in the same areas but because it is better technology it give less dead zones. there is almost no area that i dont get a full signal and i live in a small town

If the option is there i say go with telus, if i had to choose between rogers and bell i have to say rogers on bells customer service alont
    10-08-10 10:43 AM
    What handset do you have? Issues like that are not always limited to network. For example...before I had BB, I had motorola Q smartphone (with telus)..and at the same time I had a bell work phone. My personal phone would drop calls where the bell phone didn't..exact same place. I was frustrated..called up telus to complain and the pointed out the obvious. If the bell phone is working fine in the same place then it's obviously not the network. It's the handset. They offered me what was my first BB at the time and I didn't drop anymore calls in those areas. My question to you is have you tried more than one device? I'm on my second bb with telus. Both have worked in elevators, underground garages and basements. Infact, I maintain my conversations, data etc while taking the elevator up and down in my building. I have 2 telus accounts. Both bb's. Here in T.O. my HSPA phone always has more bars than my CDMA phone. You'd imagine that it would be the other way around since the HSPA is a new network and the CDMA is more developed and been around longer.
    I'm on my third Torch and they have all behaved the same way on Telus. I'm a reporter. I file my stories by tethering to my MacBook. With Rogers I could tether from anywhere. With Telus, I hit dark holes where tethering is impossible or painful. I think you're a very astute guy, and I respect what you say. This is my experience and I have to say Rogers/Fido is a superior network.
    10-08-10 12:16 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD