1. WAP pages are no longer supported? (Ie, wap.howardforums.com won't load at all)

2. Why can't I add Facebook to my Social Feeds? There is no option at all, just Twitter, Google Talk, etc.

3. Is there no way to distinguish read vs. Unread RSS items in Social Feeds?
    09-08-10 10:35 PM
    1 - works for me.
    2 - not sure. Under setup, social feeds FB and Twitter are checked for me.

3 - not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 11:32 PM
    1 - works for me.
    2 - not sure. Under setup, social feeds FB and Twitter are checked for me.

3 - not sure.

lol, ok.

1. Good to know. So that exact webaddress works for you?

2. Under setup, social feeds: Facebook is not even listed as an option.

3. okie.
    09-09-10 12:23 AM
    Yes that exact URL. If you launch the FB app manually and go through the setup, I bet it will appear. Install it off the m.bb.com website vs AppWorld.
    09-09-10 12:39 AM
    Check under display in your social feeds it asks for integrated applications and facebook is listed.

Also if you click on Help it says Add an RSS feed from the browser...you press Menu key- Page Actions- Add to feeds, select the check box beside each feed that you want to add. click subscribe.
    09-09-10 12:49 AM
    Yes that exact URL. If you launch the FB app manually and go through the setup, I bet it will appear. Install it off the m.bb.com website vs AppWorld.
    That did it, once I reinstalled facebook from m.blackberry.com (which was the exact same version by the way) then facebook became available as on option under social feeds.

Thanks
    09-09-10 01:00 AM
    Check under display in your social feeds it asks for integrated applications and facebook is listed.

Also if you click on Help it says Add an RSS feed from the browser...you press Menu key- Page Actions- Add to feeds, select the check box beside each feed that you want to add. click subscribe.
    No facebook wasn't listed (but as shansmi suggested once I reinstalled it from m.blackberry.com then it became a social feeds option).

I know how to add feeds, I have lots added. The question was how do you know which items are read and which are unread?
    09-09-10 01:04 AM
    With Social Feeds? Not a clue my friend... just... have to know >.<
    09-09-10 01:18 AM
    With Social Feeds? Not a clue my friend... just... have to know >.<
    lol, it would be nice if I could just know, but with 10+ sites bosting a couple dozen RRS feeds each a day and a lot of them being very similar to each other (ie, BGR, gizmodo and engadget all post a lot of the same info, as do CB, BB cool & berryreview, etc) it is virtually impossible for me to know where I had read up to last time without some sort of read/unread indicator. Seems a pretty glaring oversight to me since the messages app has this functionality as does EVERY SINGLE RRS reader in the world.
    09-09-10 02:16 AM
    No facebook wasn't listed (but as shansmi suggested once I reinstalled it from m.blackberry.com then it became a social feeds option).

I know how to add feeds, I have lots added. The question was how do you know which items are read and which are unread?
    You don't have it set up to where it shows in your email?
    09-09-10 02:42 AM
    You don't have it set up to where it shows in your email?
    Are you saying my RSS feeds themselves should be showing up in my Messages app?

Currently I get a alert in Messages letting my know that I have new feeds, but the feeds themselves certainly don't show up in Messages (and there is no option to have them show up there).
    09-09-10 02:50 AM
    1. WAP pages are no longer supported? (Ie, wap.howardforums.com won't load at all)
    I just upgraded from 6.0.0.141 to 6.0.0.214 and WAP pages now work.
    09-09-10 04:14 AM
    Cool. Guess we forgot to ask about the OS as I am running 214 as well.

09-09-10 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD