I recently returned my first Torch for a bad wobble/clacking when the slider was open and that is better now but now on every phone call I'm hearing white noise or static in the background. I got rid of one problem now I'm having another I did not have on the first one! I know the "tiny" noise is in other forums but that's not what I'm having. I also have a full signal when this happens (5 bars). I was thinking maybe its something with the towers locally but I doubt that. Anyone else experiencing this and should I bring it back yet again??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 12:22 PM
    Did you get a new sim card with your torch? If not, go in and ask for one. I had that problem (with another phone) consistently from my tower "at home" and they gave me a new sim card - problems stopped.
    08-23-10 12:25 PM
    II'm hearing white noise or static in the background.Anyone else experiencing this and should I bring it back yet again??

can you define the white noise?
    what do you mean by white?
    are you referring to noise in the camera as well? ( which is called a white noise)
    08-23-10 12:27 PM
    can you define the white noise?
    what do you mean by white?
    are you referring to noise in the camera as well? ( which is called a white noise)
    Like a sound white noise not anything to do with the camera. You know how when a tv is on with just the fuzzy screen and the noise you here. That's what I'm hearing and its very aggravating to say the least. Lol

08-23-10 12:33 PM
    I'd try re-installing the OS or getting a new SIM card.
    08-23-10 02:04 PM
    Like a sound white noise not anything to do with the camera. You know how when a tv is on with just the fuzzy screen and the noise you here. That's what I'm hearing and its very aggravating to say the least. Lol

thanks for the clarification..
    i'm not having those issues.
    +1 on the SIM card change.. for now.
    if symptoms persist.. exchange the device
    08-23-10 02:54 PM
    I hate to say it, but I have heard that on every AT&T phone I've had. It isn't always there but I have experienced it on them all. It isn't really the phone. I stay with AT&T for their unlimited international plan, but for very clear calls I would go with Verizon. The static/white noise isn't bad enough to give up the international data plan I have.

Different phones of sim cards won't help.

08-24-10 11:46 AM
    OP, keep taking it back until you find one that might work satisfactorily.

Then just deal with any software bugs, incompatible apps, poor battery life, sluggish performance, low-res diplay issues until RIM has a chance to work out the kinks and release an update tweak/fix.

Under no means should you consider similarly priced phones such as the Captivate or the iPhone 4. Those are kids toys with horrible email and security and are just for games.

08-24-10 12:09 PM
    Has this been resolved? I'm having the same problem with my Bold 9700
    10-29-10 12:59 PM
    I'm experiencing similar issues. First time have it ever since I started using BB more than 6 years ago. The noise sounds exactly the same as you have wireless signal interfering a radio. It happens during calls and even while the device tries to receive data, if youplace it close to your ear, you can hear it! So obvious that one cannot simply ignore it! Never experienced it with either a BB or other phones before!

I recently returned my first Torch for a bad wobble/clacking when the slider was open and that is better now but now on every phone call I'm hearing white noise or static in the background. I got rid of one problem now I'm having another I did not have on the first one! I know the "tiny" noise is in other forums but that's not what I'm having. I also have a full signal when this happens (5 bars). I was thinking maybe its something with the towers locally but I doubt that. Anyone else experiencing this and should I bring it back yet again??

11-01-10 06:02 PM
    The ATT person told me to hold the phone away from my face. So I put the top at my ear and the rest I hold at an angle away from my face. It helps a lot.

11-01-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD