I have 2 questions:

1- When I lock the Totch, it gives the balck screen. Can I change that ?
    2- How do I increse the time in the standby before the Totch goes black ?

Thanks in advance
    01-19-11 07:51 AM
    You can change your timeout in options>display>screen display> backlight timeout.
    You can set it so when it's locked, it'll show a message (your name and contact info in case it got lost, for example) but if it's locked I'm not sure why you'd want the backlight on and chowing down battery if you're not using it...?
    01-19-11 08:00 AM
    Thank you. How can I set it to show a special message or my info when it is locked?
    It does not give me that option. Only the time duration to blackout
    01-19-11 08:05 AM
    Thank you. How can I set it to show a special message or my info when it is locked?
    As far as I know, there is no way of changing the screen from going black when you press the lock button. This is done to save battery life. Someone else might know of a 3rd party app that might be able to change this setting.

I agree though, that the black screen is sometimes inconvenient.
    01-19-11 08:12 AM

options>display>message on Lock Screen
    01-19-11 08:14 AM
    I did that and filled in my name and tel #.
    Still when I lock, it does shown only black screen.
    01-19-11 08:23 AM
    You might be confusing the "lock button" for the actual password lock option. Once you set a password to lock your BB then your info will be displayed.

Options>security>password
    SinCity2003 likes this.
    01-19-11 08:33 AM
    You might be confusing the "lock button" for the actual password lock option. Once you set a password to lock your BB then your info will be displayed.

Options>security>password
    yes you are right. I was talking all the time about the small button at the top of the torch.

Now it is clear that I can not change the black screen if I lock the phone from that button.

Thanks to all of you.
    01-19-11 08:43 AM
    Yerp! I seem to figure/learn something new every week on my Torch and with the help of the forums, knowledge is in abundance on this site.
    01-19-11 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD