TorchTards, get a grip.

This device is a fail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Let's see.....the Torch is a fail? It's better than your 9700.

I say that because I have a 9700 as well - there is a big difference.

Or are you hating because T-Mobile doesn't have it?
    Last edited by ibcop; 09-16-10 at 08:09 AM.
    09-16-10 08:05 AM
    I like points 4 and 7. People now a days have forgotten what a cell phone is.

1) Why would I buy a phone to watch HD movies? My neck is going to hurt, my eye's are going to strain, eventually my fingers are going to cramp and my wrist will starting hurting from holding the damn thing.

How many people can you watch the movie with? No more then 2 because the screen is so damn small and they won't be able to hear it because of the small speaker it has. That is why I bought my sick LED TV for so can seat/lay down on my couch and enjoy a HD movies with more then 2 people. Also everyone will be able to experience the move with my great sound system that you can feel when there is back to back action with explosions...etc.

2) If you want a toy go buy a brand new laptop/desktop or gaming console. I have tons of cool programs/apps on my puter and for games I will just go buy a cool PS3 or something.

A cell phone's main function is to have voice communication with the world when you are not home or texting .
    As for web browsing or emails I have a my puter for that but it is a nice option that I have grown to love.
    +1! Some people want too much.
    09-16-10 08:07 AM
    #9 is the best! "Ten reasons I'm returning my torch: I left it in my car" ???? This guy's a complete 1d1ot.
    Last edited by plkcable; 09-16-10 at 08:47 AM.
    09-16-10 08:12 AM
    #9 is the best! "Ten reasons I'm returning my torch: I left it in my car" ???? What a moron. This guy's a complete 1d1ot.
    This is absolute quality, +1
    09-16-10 08:19 AM
    TorchTards, get a grip.

This device is a fail.

Thank you queen troll. Get back under your bridge now.
    09-16-10 08:53 AM
    I like points 4 and 7. People now a days have forgotten what a cell phone is.

1) Why would I buy a phone to watch HD movies? My neck is going to hurt, my eye's are going to strain, eventually my fingers are going to cramp and my wrist will starting hurting from holding the damn thing.

How many people can you watch the movie with? No more then 2 because the screen is so damn small and they won't be able to hear it because of the small speaker it has. That is why I bought my sick LED TV for so can seat/lay down on my couch and enjoy a HD movies with more then 2 people. Also everyone will be able to experience the move with my great sound system that you can feel when there is back to back action with explosions...etc.

2) If you want a toy go buy a brand new laptop/desktop or gaming console. I have tons of cool programs/apps on my puter and for games I will just go buy a cool PS3 or something.

A cell phone's main function is to have voice communication with the world when you are not home or texting .
    As for web browsing or emails I have a my puter for that but it is a nice option that I have grown to love.
    After reading this, I'm compelled to ask...why do you even own a smartphone?

You're paying all that extra money per month but if voice communication is all you're about, you're wasting a lot of money per month.

Me personally, I'd rather have a device that can do both. I'm not one to carry around my laptop when I'm out around town as it'd be rather cumbersome to pull out when I need to look something up online...

Also, what's so "toyish" about asking for Wifi hotspotting? That feature came in handy while I was on vacation and, regrettably, wanted to catch up on some work remotely...yeah I did work on vacation.
    09-16-10 09:07 AM
    #9 is the best! "Ten reasons I'm returning my torch: I left it in my car" ???? This guy's a complete 1d1ot.
    I think he was saying that he didn't really miss it much when he left it in his car.

I don't think the Torch is a bad device and I've never even used one. Although I will say that if I were to ever consider buying a phone on AT&T (something I'd probably never consider) it'd be hard justifying spending $199 when that money could buy you another phone with so many more features and capabilities.

If the phone were $149 I think it'd be a better buy.
    09-16-10 09:09 AM
    I think he was saying that he didn't really miss it much when he left it in his car.
    I got that. He's still a moron.
    09-16-10 09:15 AM
    I've been a BB guy for three years and LOVE my Torch.

That being said..

1 - If you don't agree with this, you're blinded. Go use a Samsung Galaxy S.. it's FAST. The iPhone4 is FAST. The Torch is LAGGY. If you don't see this, you're what the rest of the world calls a fanboi.

2 - He's right.. we have a lot of apps compared to last year, but it's still sickening after browsing the competition's app stores. Again, don't be a fanboi. Admit our shortcomings.

3 - Right again, it's sad how not on par OUR browser is.. which I believe all boils down to #1..

4 - 'eh.. I do miss the 4" SAMOLED from my Captivate, but I don't have an issue with the Torch's. This is probably the one topic I hate hearing about.. especially since I remember the praise this screen got when the Storm was released.

5 - I've never had a problem with AT&T unless I'm driving.. 2G tower-switching is bad..

6 - I agree 100%, let me tether.

7 - It is utilitarian. I think that's why I love it.

8 - I think the opposite.. I get side-tracked when I use one device for both work/friends/entertainment. I want separate devices for these.. plus, I like my battery to last a full day.

9 - Disagree, I freaked after a week with the Captivate, then freaked again after a week with the iPhone.

10 - I'll give him the fact that the Torch is not going to sway anyway away from Android or iOS.. but for the people that Blackberrys work for, I think it's a big step in the right direction.
    09-16-10 09:22 AM
    I got that. He's still a moron.
    lol yeah can't really argue there.
    09-16-10 09:29 AM
    I don't understand.

I have my likes.
    I have my dislikes.
    I have my constraints.
    I see benefits/advantages for myself.
    I see cons/negatives for myself.
    I have done my research before buying it.
    I spend my money.
    It is my phone.

I see all of us are trying to convince the other about 'loving' or 'hating' the phone as 'we' see it. Why can't we accept that the other person sees something good about the device of their choice? Why can't we just share/discuss good and not-so-good things about the phone without getting personal/abusive?

I love the CB site since I found it last year and will continue to follow it to learn...
    09-16-10 09:29 AM
    After reading this, I'm compelled to ask...why do you even own a smartphone?

You're paying all that extra money per month but if voice communication is all you're about, you're wasting a lot of money per month.

Me personally, I'd rather have a device that can do both. I'm not one to carry around my laptop when I'm out around town as it'd be rather cumbersome to pull out when I need to look something up online...

Also, what's so "toyish" about asking for Wifi hotspotting? That feature came in handy while I was on vacation and, regrettably, wanted to catch up on some work remotely...yeah I did work on vacation.
    For work...why else?
    Before having a BB I had a normal motorola krzr, it was blue and was only good for texting/talking.

I admit I have grown to love the email and web browsing but I don't need an HD camera, with high resolution screen to watch movies or super duper powerful processor to run more then 7 apps at a time.
    09-16-10 09:30 AM
    For work...why else?
    Before having a BB I had a normal motorola krzr, it was blue and was only good for texting/talking.

I admit I have grown to love the email and web browsing but I don't need an HD camera, with high resolution screen to watch movies or super duper powerful processor to run more then 7 apps at a time.
    No one needs it...but it's nice to have.

I don't need a car with power windows, locks, push button start, back up camera, leather seats, etc etc. But it's nice to have especially if the price is right.

Once you see the value in something, you grow to appreciate it more.
    09-16-10 09:41 AM
    I agree but there also a thing called over kill. With these new phones from apple, samsung and so on, it has become that. That is why I like BB's because they still make phones that you can appreciate but not over kill it.
    09-16-10 09:46 AM
    Next time I'm in a 30-day return period, I'm going to try that excuse.

"I'd like to return this phone."
    "Any particular reason why?"
    "Well, I left it in my car, and surprisingly, I didn't really miss it."
    09-16-10 10:01 AM
    Being a devoted blackberry fan,I followed the the Torch from it's inception. I even bought a used Storm from ebay to pass the time until it was released. I got it on day one and was pleased. Then I started to see issues that other were having. But I think the main thing that pushed me away was the processor and the screen resolution. So i returned it for a samsung captivate. The only thing I miss is that little red flashing notification led.
    09-16-10 10:06 AM

That being said..

1 - If you don't agree with this, you're blinded. Go use a Samsung Galaxy S.. it's FAST. The iPhone4 is FAST. The Torch is LAGGY. If you don't see this, you're what the rest of the world calls a fanboi.

2 - He's right.. we have a lot of apps compared to last year, but it's still sickening after browsing the competition's app stores. Again, don't be a fanboi. Admit our shortcomings.

3 - Right again, it's sad how not on par OUR browser is.. which I believe all boils down to #1..

4 - 'eh.. I do miss the 4" SAMOLED from my Captivate, but I don't have an issue with the Torch's. This is probably the one topic I hate hearing about.. especially since I remember the praise this screen got when the Storm was released.

5 - I've never had a problem with AT&T unless I'm driving.. 2G tower-switching is bad..

8 - I think the opposite.. I get side-tracked when I use one device for both work/friends/entertainment. I want separate devices for these.. plus, I like my battery to last a full day.

9 - Disagree, I freaked after a week with the Captivate, then freaked again after a week with the iPhone.

10 - I'll give him the fact that the Torch is not going to sway anyway away from Android or iOS.. but for the people that Blackberrys work for, I think it's a big step in the right direction.
    I'll agree with most of your points except #1. Yes the Galaxy S is fast, yes the iP4 is fast, but what about the just released Samsung Fascinate? It's also running the 1GHz processor, and yet was deemed "laggy", much more so than i think the Torch ever was. I would say most of these "lag" issues currently boil down to the software, not hardware. Although once Torch's are loaded up with 20 or more apps, perhaps then we will see the shortcomings of a "smaller" processor. Until then, my wager is these are software related issues.
    09-16-10 10:08 AM

That being said..

+1 I agree with this.
    09-16-10 10:52 AM

That being said..

Really? They are all "fast". The Torch is not as "fast". because its not as "fast" as the others doesn't deem it "laggy".

09-16-10 11:19 AM
    Really? They are all "fast". The Torch is not as "fast". because its not as "fast" as the others doesn't deem it "laggy".
    Kind of like the track star at my nephew's high school. Yes he is very fast, but if you line him up against Usain Bolt he would look kind of "laggy".
    09-16-10 11:31 AM
    Kind of like the track star at my nephew's high school. Yes he is very fast, but if you line him up against Usain Bolt he would look kind of "laggy".
    And if you add some bumpers to Usain Bolt, he may actually run!

Last edited by lc1412; 09-16-10 at 11:40 AM.
    09-16-10 11:37 AM
    I agree but there also a thing called over kill. With these new phones from apple, samsung and so on, it has become that. That is why I like BB's because they still make phones that you can appreciate but not over kill it.
    There is no such thing as overkill when people want one device to do everything. Smartphones are becoming that. They browse the web, stream media, download media, make calls, text, email, games....everything. Smartphones are the future of mobile computing.

I really don't understand how it's overkill when you are getting all these great features. You are getting more bang for your buck. It's cheaper than buying a netbook, iPod and a normal phone (maybe not as cheap, but it's all available in one device).
    09-16-10 11:45 AM
    And if you add some bumpers to Usain Bolt, he may actually run!

Obviously this was a blow to the iPhone. I find it funny how any time someone makes negative remark about a BB, people automatically take a shot at the iPhone. Honestly, it makes no sense. It is very funny though.
    09-16-10 11:51 AM
    #1 reason I'm keeping mine, I kinda like it. That's all that matters.

09-16-10 12:04 PM
    Obviously this was a blow to the iPhone. I find it funny how any time someone makes negative remark about a BB, people automatically take a shot at the iPhone. Honestly, it makes no sense. It is very funny though.
    It makes sense when the negative remark stems from a comparison to the iPhone.

09-16-10 12:30 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD