It's my first custom layout theme for full touch screen devices, and as a keyboard model user, I don't really know how you guys like to use your device.
    So I really wish you can give me some suggestions and feedback after you read this or used the theme, thanks.

Theme Support:
    Theme.almostdone#gmail.com

Notice:
    1. This is a custom theme, you have to update your OS to 7.1 to use it.
    2. There's no official software support for OS7 devices, therefore, all apps in folders are invisible in any custom theme.
    You can move the apps out of folder to see theme or use universal search, hotkey to launch theme directly.

Features:
    1. Biggest time display you have ever seen on blackberry;
    2. Optimized for touchscreen;
    3. Full Meego Icon;
    4. Custom lockscreen avatar;
    5. Hidden dock in homescreen with 4 user-defined icons;
    6. One weather slot; (shift+s/h to show/hide, does not work with ampm)
    7. Animated charging indicator (from playbook)
    8. Perfect Asian language support.

How to use
    A.7 touch area marked in pic below (8 if you enable the weather)
    Beego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-.png
    1.network management;
    2.universal search;
    3.profile;
    4.clock;
    5.calendar;
    6.hide dock;
    7.show dock

B. The banner of messages and app screen are also designed like this with quick access to network,search,profile and clock;
    C. You can show and hide the dock by trackpad up and down.
    D. Avatar in lockscreen, you can put a 64x64 image file to your sdcard's root. rename it to "1", it can be jpg,gif,bmp,png.
    E. Weather slot, activate virtue keyboard in homescreen and press shift+s to show,shift+h to hide weather slot.(only work with 24hours time mode)

Screenshots:

Beego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-9860-3-.pngBeego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-9860.pngBeego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-9860-01-2-.pngBeego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-9860-01-3-.jpgBeego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-9860-01.jpgBeego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-9860-1.jpg

Get from Mybbota.com
    MyBBOTA.com Download - Beego for 9850/9860

Get from Appworld
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/17843462/

Beego for 9860/9850 by AlmostDone-.png
    Last edited by qwang; 03-08-13 at 09:35 AM.
    samikaraca likes this.
    02-19-13 11:18 AM
    I'm all over this. Once I give it some time I will give my feedback.
    02-22-13 10:02 PM
    This make it into appworld yet? I've been looking but haven't seen it yet.
    03-05-13 06:26 AM
    This make it into appworld yet? I've been looking but haven't seen it yet.

still pending for review, I submitted it to appworld the same day I made this post...
    03-05-13 06:46 AM
    appworld is up now~
    03-08-13 09:36 AM
    appworld is up now~
    I got it last week. Overall I like it, but it seems to really slow down my phone. I don't know why but if you have any ideas I'm happy to help you test them out.

Also I was thinking it would be cool to have the full icon set show when you tap the lower area (like when pressing the blackberry button) instead of just the one line. Even better would be to have it come up with an upward swipe but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

If love to keep using the theme but I need to get the slowness issue resolved. I had to switch it out so let me know what you think so I can put it back on!
    03-10-13 10:43 PM
    I got it last week. Overall I like it, but it seems to really slow down my phone. I don't know why but if you have any ideas I'm happy to help you test them out.

Also I was thinking it would be cool to have the full icon set show when you tap the lower area (like when pressing the blackberry button) instead of just the one line. Even better would be to have it come up with an upward swipe but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

If love to keep using the theme but I need to get the slowness issue resolved. I had to switch it out so let me know what you think so I can put it back on!
    thanks for the feedback.
    can you give me more details about the slow down? did you install any new app? or once you switch to other theme, the slow down is gone?
    I removed the zoom in/out effect when switch between apps, I don't know if it is that give you a slow down feel.

this version is almost the same as other device version, I just optimized the control for touch screen. it should run very fast on a highend device like 9860.

about the swipe gesture, I want that too, but it's not possible to create gesture in themes, all we can do is just simple click.
    03-12-13 09:26 AM
    I reinstalled the theme and it seems to be working just fine. Not sure what the issue was the first time. A couple of questions:
    1 - How do I get the information on the avatar area on the lock screen? I see your instructions for the picture but what about the text?
    2 - I think the clock may be a bit too big or need to be moved over to the left a bit. I have it in AM/PM mode and during times that start from 10:00 to 12:59 the AM or PM is cut off. It shows the time like this: 12:42...
    3 - Switching the home screen to landscape, it doesn't stretch across the entire screen, only about 60% of it, so there is a large white space on the right. Not a huge deal, just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for your attention.
    03-13-13 11:42 AM
    I reinstalled the theme and it seems to be working just fine. Not sure what the issue was the first time. A couple of questions:
    1 - How do I get the information on the avatar area on the lock screen? I see your instructions for the picture but what about the text?
    2 - I think the clock may be a bit too big or need to be moved over to the left a bit. I have it in AM/PM mode and during times that start from 10:00 to 12:59 the AM or PM is cut off. It shows the time like this: 12:42...
    3 - Switching the home screen to landscape, it doesn't stretch across the entire screen, only about 60% of it, so there is a large white space on the right. Not a huge deal, just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for your attention.
    simply put the avatar image in your sd card, and lock the device.
    that's enough, just make sure you put in the root of sd card, and name it to "1"

when adjusting the time font size, I referenced the time of BB10 ,real Meego, and a lot HTC/sansumg devices, it should be fine.
    I guess you just haven't got used to big time font. it is the biggest time font theme in all blackberry, maybe only one.
    the time font is not made in oridinary way, I used different code to achieve that effect, but unfortunately, I can't control the size of am/pm in that way, it can only be as big as the digit size, and the space between them are too big, it's impossible to cover both 24 and 12 hours mode, so I decide to leave it alone, I mentioned in the thread, it only works in 24 hours mode.

the landscape problem is unexpected, I didn't enable the homescreen landscape mode, it should display appscreen when you switching the homescreen to landscape.
    03-13-13 09:09 PM
    Pertaining to the avatar I was asking about the text information next to the picture. How do I do that?

The landscape mode does show the icon set initially so no worries there.

As for the clock, I understand. Maybe I will try 24 hour mode and see if I can get used to telling time that way.
    03-14-13 08:56 PM
    Pertaining to the avatar I was asking about the text information next to the picture. How do I do that?

The landscape mode does show the icon set initially so no worries there.

As for the clock, I understand. Maybe I will try 24 hour mode and see if I can get used to telling time that way.
    those text are your owner info, you can set them in display setting-text on lockscreen.
    mrbails likes this.
    03-15-13 10:15 PM
    1.5 Update is out:
    1.fix icon disorder after reboot bug on some model;
    2.add new popup window for homescreen avatar(alt+1) and calendar(alt+2),press shift+h to hide them
    3.change the hotkey for network from "w" to "shift+w", left the "w" for "wechat"
    4.fix the half screen bug on torch series when switch to landscape on lockscreen.
    mrbails likes this.
    04-24-13 01:07 AM