Hi All,
    I've only had a 9850 for a few weeks and am wondering if there's any way to have the keys make some type of audible clicking response while typing, which I think would help with my typing on a virtual keypad. I understand that I can turn on a tone sound for all key strokes across using the entire phone, but I'm not wanting that. Rather, I'd like for the keys to give something more than just the pop-up letter indicator when I type a note and for that setting to be independent of what sound profile the phone is currently set on. I found this older thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post6997927) which sort of addresses the issue, but thought I'd ask directly to help confirm whether it's possible.

Thanks ahead for any help.
    12-18-12 08:26 AM
    Yes, go to Options -> Typing and Language -> Keyboard. Then check the box to turn on Key Tone.
    12-18-12 11:26 AM
    ^ Right, I've seen and tried that option but it's not exactly what I'm after. I was hoping for something that would allow the keys to make a tone while all of the other keys stayed silent, including the menu key, back key, etc. With the tone option you mentioned, all of the other keys also make a sound when pressed. I suspect that what I'm looking for isn't available. It's not a huge deal, just something I'd prefer and was hoping for. Thanks, though.
    12-18-12 11:36 AM
    Actually there is a way, it's called the 9550 Storm 2 . Man I miss my Storm 2!
    12-18-12 05:28 PM
    Unfortunately there is not. Only sound possible is the audible beep. I too had hoped for it. The new BB10's that hit the streets soon will have a click sound when typing. Enough people must have liked that and wished for it as well, for it to be possible on the new phones coming very soon
    12-18-12 06:42 PM
    I wish they would have added this option. I pretty much have the texting down with no problem. Once you get used to the Torch 9850/60 keyboard, it's really not that bad, for me anyway.
    12-20-12 09:10 AM