Good morning all,

I have a BB 9850 Torch (VZW) that I'm having headset volume issues with...well, two of them actually. I am on a company policy, so I cannot upgrade to the newer models until the new BES servers are operational, and I don't think we've even purchased them yet. All the post I could find were old and spoke of upgrading your OS, and I'm at the highest version according to my handset. I had the volume issues on the first BB Torch, which is why I did a warranty replacement for my 2nd BB Torch. Both have the exact same volume issues, as far as I can tell...With the volumen all the way up, I can hear the other people OK (barely), but if the AC turns on or there is any background noise, the headset is drowned out and I need to go back to the BB earphone. I've also blown out the holes in case there is any debris in there, and taken a pipe cleaner to try and physically brush out any debris, and neither helped.

I'm changed the in call settings to always be at 100% (versus the previous setting), and turned on the enhancement from normal to treble to bass, which makes little difference. When I try other sources of sound through the headset, it works very well. Pandora internet radio plays so loud at 100% it hurts my ear, and video's play with excellent volume. I tested a couple of apps and the volume is fine on those as well. Any idea why my headphone is so muted on ONLY telephone calls? I telework and this is my only source of communications, so I'd love a helpful response!!!

Oh, this is not a BES policy setting...one BB is on the BES, the other has never been placed on the BES in any way.

Thanks in advance for your time
    10-08-13 09:33 AM
    what os version are you running??? options/settings>device, (scroll down), about device version,,, i'm on 7.1.0.861,,, as far as i know that's the latest...
    10-08-13 02:00 PM
    Bah! Sorry, I had gone to that screen earlier and just forgot to add the information. I'm running v7.1.0.755, platform 5.1.0.553. When I go to the software update it says "your BlackBerry is up to date". Maybe the version difference is due to another vendor besides Verizon Wireless?

I just did a complete hard core security wipe and started with a fresh BB, and the headset volume is still very weak. I tested this headset on my friend's 9960 and my wife's NTelos Samsung phone and the volume was excellent on both, but both of my 9850 BB Torches still have weak volume on telephone calls (but music and videos are fine).
    10-08-13 04:59 PM
    Bah! Sorry, I had gone to that screen earlier and just forgot to add the information. I'm running v7.1.0.755, platform 5.1.0.553. When I go to the software update it says "your BlackBerry is up to date". Maybe the version difference is due to another vendor besides Verizon Wireless?

I just did a complete hard core security wipe and started with a fresh BB, and the headset volume is still very weak. I tested this headset on my friend's 9960 and my wife's NTelos Samsung phone and the volume was excellent on both, but both of my 9850 BB Torches still have weak volume on telephone calls (but music and videos are fine).
    try this===

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...llular-773953/

before install delete vendor.exe files...
    10-08-13 05:53 PM
    Have you tried another set/pair of headphones/earbuds?

Try the same headphones/earbuds on another device?

That will point to the offending pc. of hardware....

c
    10-09-13 09:04 AM
    Thanks SeaWarrior. I'll see if I can get this loaded. I'm an employee in a global company with an enterprise BES, so I need to double check before installing this upgrade. Almost everything is monitored via the BES. We had someone get themselves fired a few years ago for carrying on sexual chat via BBM with their significant other over the business supplied BB. I already have an e-mail into the lead BES admin, so I'll see if he minds if I make this upgrade. I definitely appreciate the information!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-09-13 09:55 AM
    I've tried a few sets of headsets/adaptors and this last set was purchased through Headsets.com or other professional company. I double checked the items when I received them and the are correct. The headset I am using now that is lacking volume on both of my 9850's on phone calls (but works fine for music, video's etc.) works great on my coworkers 9960, and it worked great on my wife's Samsung device last night. The headset has the ability to put out the volume, but for some reason, the BB itself seems to be muting the in call telephone volume.
    10-09-13 09:58 AM
    I have the exact same phone and the exact same problem. The speaker phone on it is nearly unusable as-well unless the room is extremely quiet.
    10-12-13 08:59 AM