My battery dies rather quickly, apparently 6.06% an hour, I am running OS 7.1.0.267 from sprint on my 9850, I have my backlight always on 10% and it times out in 10 seconds not many apps, and if I am using and app, I shut it down completely afterwards. I don't know why my battery dies this fast but does anyone have a similiar problem with any possible solutions?
    03-21-12 01:16 PM
    You may have a faulty battery. A batch of the initial jm-1 batteries in the 9850/60 were faulty, dying after a short amount of time, or not even charging.
    (in the forums)

Pick up a replacement battery, to see if that's the problem if not, you'll at least have a spare.
    03-21-12 01:30 PM
    I hope its not a faulty battery, I would be pretty dissapointed, but these batteries are expensive. I guess I should bring my phone in to the Sprint store so they can take a look at what's going on
    03-21-12 02:07 PM
    Shocktribe I have had the same problem since upgrading to 7.1.0.267

I used to get up to 2 days battery life, now I am down to 6 hours. It is ridiculous hopefully RIM fixes this quick. I don't think its our batteries sudenly going bad with a software update.
    03-21-12 09:10 PM
    Shocktribe I have had the same problem since upgrading to 7.1.0.267

I used to get up to 2 days battery life, now I am down to 6 hours. It is ridiculous hopefully RIM fixes this quick. I don't think its our batteries sudenly going bad with a software update.
    Six hours is approximately how much battery life I get as well, I take mine off the charger at about 9 and by like 3 or 4 its on its last leg of life
    03-21-12 09:53 PM
    I'm just wondering if the new battery saving mode option under device works at all?
    03-22-12 11:45 AM
    I had this same problem after I upgraded my OS. After a week or so I wiped the OS and did a fresh install of .267 and now I notice that I'm loosing about 2.8 - 3.3% an hour, about what I was loosing with the stock 7.0 Sprint OS. It now easily lasts me all day using email, text and moderate surfing. My phone never lasted me more than a day on a charge. I have about 20 apps loaded on my phone. I still have a memory leak but I've had that since I've taken the phone out of the box and activated it.
    03-22-12 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD