11-03-12 11:30 PM
32 12
tools
    Undenied I note you consider my behaviour more petulant than irritable ... at my (g)RIM old age I'll choose to take that as a compliment and confirm to all and sundry I'll promise to be quiet for at least a week before I try another outburst. Crackberry is not only a friendly community but v knowledgeable and ... you never know ... I might decide after all to stick with BB!
    10-08-12 07:46 AM
    exercise your consumer rights, go back to the retailer for a repair or a refund on the device. I have just had a good outcome after giving carphone warehouse a through arse kicking....
    10-08-12 11:04 AM
    Forced back to using a 9860 after my 9790's trackpad went bananas every time the sun shone! What a naff piece of kit this is! As far as I am concerned the months to the end of my contract cannot fly by fast enough - then I can be sure to buy any phone other than a Blackberry and wave an enthusiastic farewell to all things (g)RIM!
    Feel better?

Instead of crying about it here just end your contract and move on.
    10-08-12 12:04 PM
    codiak ... I'm warming up to take your advice and well done you for getting a good result. I'll let you know how I do.
    10-08-12 05:42 PM
    The problem is mainly that our intentions are lost in translation when all we see is text on a bulletin board. I do have my share of expressing my dissatisfaction with the touchscreen and I'm sure I've come off as a petulant child. I believe it's the recurring theme of "(g)RIM" that gives more the impression of petulance rather than what you're really trying to get across. I do hope you can get your issue resolved and find some resolution with your device. Let us know what happens.

Cheers
    10-08-12 10:58 PM
    Many thanks to all of those who put up with my whingeing the other day! This is what I posted on the 9790 forum:

"Just a final roundup on this matter. The problem worsened until the trackpad became unuseable in anything other than a darkened room! Advised the company from whom I bought the phone that I wanted a repair and sent the phone back to them. They contacted me after they had received it and advised I would have a new phone, not a repair. They did tell me they were experiencing problems getting supplies of the phones but yesterday, some two and a half weeks after I sent the malfunctioning phone to them I got a brand new one back.

"I'm a happy customer ... hope nothing goes wrong with the new phone!"
    11-03-12 08:21 AM
    someone has found a fix for this and its right here on this forum....check out the thread called Trackpad Works with Internal Phone Feature Test Only by BlackBerryMagnet
    11-03-12 11:30 PM
32 12