Linked received thru pm AND email. Doing a reset now. Thank u very much, Molson....
    01-04-12 06:29 AM
    And wooohaaaaaa, this is BEAUTIFUL!! Man, I woulda paid waaaay more for this theme!!!! I installed a number of free themes this morning, but this is great!! Finally a REAL theme for the 9810, and yes: this advertising is absolutely free, cuz it's real!!!

Hat off man....
    molson0 likes this.
    01-04-12 06:35 AM
    Ok, it IS pretty, very. However: in none of my folders can i see my icons. Not in applications, not in games, not in media, but neither in the folders I have addes, whatever I do. I've tried restarts, resetting to default, nada. Any idea?
    01-04-12 07:45 AM
    Bug reported on OS 7.0.0.585

The icons in folders are not visible. They ARE still viewable via the text in the folder as you scroll & you can still select said icon.
    ^^^ from my first post & appworld ^^^

It is a known bug on OS7.0.0.585. ( NOTa theme bug)
    I test this on 7.0.0.261 and the icons are visible. I am sure the next 7.0.0.X.X OS update will address this.

(fingers crossed)
    Last edited by molson0; 01-04-12 at 07:58 AM.
    01-04-12 07:54 AM
    I am on 7.1.0.74, not 585.....
    01-04-12 08:04 AM
    And I do not have the issue with any of the other themes I installed: OS7 Transporsche, Gant, P9981, umbrella.....
    01-04-12 08:06 AM
    Right, because none of them are CUSTOM themes.

If you feel (re)cheated, I have no problem refunding you.
    Last edited by molson0; 01-04-12 at 11:41 PM.
    01-04-12 08:07 AM
    Noooooo, no need for that And i don't feel anything, hahaha. It's too bad tho, cuz i really like the theme!
    01-04-12 08:17 AM
    It will be fixed in upcoming blackberry OS updates, I am sure of it !

You can still choose the apps you want by looking at the scrolling text at the top of said folder right ?
    01-04-12 08:18 AM
    yes, that works, i noticed. I might just use it.
    01-04-12 08:25 AM
    I hope so .
    01-04-12 08:30 AM
    ^^^ from my first post & appworld ^^^

It is a known bug on OS7.0.0.585. ( NOTa theme bug)
    I test this on 7.0.0.261 and the icons are visible. I am sure the next 7.0.0.X.X OS update will address this.

(fingers crossed)
    That's an issue with .540, as well. It seems to be a bug RIM introduced after the initial release.
    Last edited by kraski; 01-04-12 at 01:33 PM.
    01-04-12 08:34 AM
    I am on 7.1.0.74, not 585.....
    7.1.0.74 is actually a hybrid. In order to get it to work, some of the files are from .585. Probabably one of the reasons hotspot and some of the other stuff aren't fully stable, yet, for a lot of people.
    01-04-12 08:41 AM
    Thanks kraski, noted on the first page.

I have NOT forgot your name changes..I just got busy redoing the stupid COD files for this one.
    01-04-12 11:51 AM
    Thanks kraski, noted on the first page.

I have NOT forgot your name changes..I just got busy redoing the stupid COD files for this one.
    That's OK. I'm still learning this one. But I do have a question and a suggestion.

The screenshot of the notification tray shows what look like calendar entries. How'd you do that?

I'm not sure about others, but I tend to try to use the bottom icon tray with my finger. I have slender fingers and it's still not easy. Maybe that could be made larger to help with accuracy?
    01-04-12 01:50 PM
    The notification screen shows messages only.

It all started with the iphone4S. I bought my 11 yr old little girl one, and being the bb fan boi I am, I told her my torch was better.
    She then went on to show me all the things her IP4S could do that mine couldn't.
    She showed me siri, I showed her vlingo (not the same but she doesn'y know that) LOL .
    She showed me itunes, I showed her bbm music ( she thought that was cool )
    She showed me her notification screen, I showed her the today. ( she laughed)
    "Thats not the same daddy. you need to tyouch your screen to see that one, mine just appears"

So, I made this. Looks a fair bit like the iphone one too.

To make a Long a story short.... I will have calendar entries in the next one.
    kraski and Azensun like this.
    01-04-12 02:53 PM
    I was thinking i can add the notifications (new messages banner pic)with the notification star to the notification screen as well.. Then you can see what "OTHER" messages you have.
    01-04-12 06:26 PM
    I was thinking i can add the notifications (new messages banner pic)with the notification star to the notification screen as well.. Then you can see what "OTHER" messages you have.
    I like it! Looking forward to the next version.
    01-04-12 07:10 PM
    Something like this.
    This is from a 9850 but it will be the exact code.

BTW, this is the OS with the double icon problem. But i seemed to have got rid of it
    You just have to leave BBM at slot 8

Left side is calendar, right side is messages.

(don't pay attn to the meters)
    Last edited by molson0; 01-04-12 at 11:28 PM.
    Azensun likes this.
    01-04-12 11:26 PM
    May I suggest that calendar and messages be placed one on top of the other, rather than next to each other. As it is, it is very hard to read.
    01-05-12 03:05 AM
    What is the significance of 'Setup' under the date?
    01-05-12 03:12 AM
    none.

I usually have Score mobile below the date with my scores showing.
    I usually have BeWeather above the date with weather icon showing.
    01-05-12 06:09 AM
    May I suggest that calendar and messages be placed one on top of the other, rather than next to each other. As it is, it is very hard to read.

Yes, but you will only get 3 of each or 4 & 2.
    01-05-12 06:10 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I still think a vertical display would be much better than horizontal.
    01-05-12 06:14 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I still think a vertical display would be much better than horizontal.
    I'm tending to agree with you. But, since it appears, from some screenshots, that this is being tried by some on other Torch models, it's hard to tell which one you're basing your thoughts on. Your profile says you're still running a 9000, which isn't even OS7.

Now. For Molson0. I'm rethinking putting Today-like calendar items on the notification screen. Just because there are all kinds of notifications, including all the messaging formats (which also shows missed calls, BBM & AppWorld on my phone), WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. If you're busy, that can fill up pretty quick and needs the space. Putting several lines of calendar data there would only cut down on the amount of space for the various notifications. So, I'm thinking I'd prefer to stick with deToday on my home screen.

And, as mentioned before, I'd prefer the icon ribbon to be a little larger for finger access.
    01-05-12 09:17 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD