Perhaps my english has gone down since I left school, but by me 'soon' is not 9 days ...
    02-27-12 04:58 AM
    Perhaps my english has gone down since I left school, but by me 'soon' is not 9 days ...
    What does or does not happen in 9 days ?

The word "soon" is a word of ambiguity, it means different things to different people.

This thread is a stab in the dark. I'll wait and see if someone else can work out the topic.
    02-27-12 05:40 AM
    Please define "SOON"...
    Here you go:
    Soon | Define Soon at Dictionary.com
    or
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/soon
    Last edited by tellsells; 02-27-12 at 06:24 AM.
    alexandros2011 likes this.
    02-27-12 06:19 AM
    The topic is the 'COMING SOON' theme/s we have been encouraged to look forward to. What doesn't happen in 9 days - and counting - is the theme/s becoming available!
    02-27-12 06:20 AM
    The coming soon posts are to show you what is coming so you can look forward to.
    The release of the actual theme depends on a number of factors, one of them being approval from App World, which no developer has control over.
    Other things include making sure that everything is running and is as should be. After all, there is no TB7, so it needs to be looked at thoroughly before being published.

The developers spend a lot of time on these...They will be released...so please be patient.

They are worth the wait!!
    kraski and yellowilona like this.
    02-27-12 07:14 AM
    The coming soon posts are to show you what is coming so you can look forward to.
    The release of the actual theme depends on a number of factors, one of them being approval from App World, which no developer has control over.
    Other things include making sure that everything is running and is as should be. After all, there is no TB7, so it needs to be looked at thoroughly before being published.

The developers spend a lot of time on these...They will be released...so please be patient.

They are worth the wait!!
    very well said, hopefully this explains things fully now
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-27-12 07:33 AM
    Yes, hamsterwheel, what you say is true.

However, I would not associate the word "soon" with that process.

The excitement grows, and grows, then peaks, lowers, and then we all walk away muttering under our breath that it'll never happen.
    02-27-12 08:49 AM
    Yes, hamsterwheel, what you say is true.

However, I would not associate the word "soon" with that process.

The excitement grows, and grows, then peaks, lowers, and then we all walk away muttering under our breath that it'll never happen.
    They do months of "coming soon" advertising for lots of products, especially movies. In comparison, 9 days to a few weeks wait for a theme isn't much. And the process really doesn't matter -- we don't normally pay attention to the foibles of movie or music distribution, it's unseen background. Hamsterwheel was merely trying to show what is involved. Especially that there isn't a working OS7 Theme Builder. Which means that themes are hand built and manually checked to avoid bugs. Both are time consuming processes, but not avoided -- just so we can have themes we like that are trouble free. Just sayin'....
    02-27-12 09:42 AM
    They do months of "coming soon" advertising for lots of products, especially movies. In comparison, 9 days to a few weeks wait for a theme isn't much. ... Just sayin'....
    I think "coming soon" means different things in different industries. You are right about the movie industry. In the BB world, when we hear that an updated OS is coming soon, we take it with a grain of salt and realize that soon is measuredx in weeks.

But, when the developer of apps for a smart phone says "soon", and posts screen shots, that is measured in days by the rabble. The developer is essentially done (or should be) when he/she makes that announcement. Else, I would expect, "in the works" or "in development" or "working out the bugs".

No big deal. I just get tired of waiting and move on.
    02-27-12 09:51 AM
    I/we do appreciate greatly all the work that the developers put in to these themes, especially when they are free.

But it's quite annoying looking at screenshot after screenshot of a brilliant theme we can't access; coming 'soon'...
    Last edited by arnie27; 02-27-12 at 11:02 AM.
    02-27-12 10:41 AM
    I think "coming soon" means different things in different industries. You are right about the movie industry. In the BB world, when we hear that an updated OS is coming soon, we take it with a grain of salt and realize that soon is measuredx in weeks.

But, when the developer of apps for a smart phone says "soon", and posts screen shots, that is measured in days by the rabble. The developer is essentially done (or should be) when he/she makes that announcement. Else, I would expect, "in the works" or "in development" or "working out the bugs".

No big deal. I just get tired of waiting and move on.
    Well, you just said it...in the BB world...I think that themes/apps would be included in the "take it with a grain of salt"...As I mentioned, BB App World is sometimes the major delay...they usually take up to 2 weeks or more to approve and app and or theme.
    So yeah, it's essentially done, but can't be released yet.

I/we do appreciate greatly all the work that the developers put in to these themes, especially when they are free.

But when the developer and friends display screenshot after screenshot when we can't access the theme is quite annoying. Coming soon...
    The people posting the ss are actually testers of the theme (not always friends). And as Kraski mentioned, it is a time consuming process.
    I can understand everyone's frustration, especially with the lack of OS7 theme support. Believe me, I'm just as annoyed.

Coming soon is just to build anticipation and interest in the theme. If you would rather not see that, then skip the thread all together, and wait for the Available now post.

It's all good, folks...this is good quality stuff considering there is no TB7.
    Let's all be thankful that there are actually themes for our devices
    02-27-12 10:53 AM
    Well, let's see...I believe 'SOON' is a relative term...

Like when scientists describe a meteor passing Earth as far as 10 billion miles away as a 'NEAR' miss...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    kraski and hamsterwheel like this.
    02-27-12 12:39 PM
    Well, let's see...I believe 'SOON' is a relative term...

Like when scientists describe a meteor passing Earth as far as 10 billion miles away as a 'NEAR' miss...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    lmao!!!!!
    02-27-12 12:56 PM
    coming soon, as in when ever they get off there lazy and decide to finish / post it.

I has seen a coming soon take 6 months. its nothing more than a way to get you to wait for something instead of buying something you can get now.
    02-27-12 10:05 PM
    I hope this thread ends.... SOON!
    02-27-12 10:16 PM
    coming soon, as in when ever they get off there lazy and decide to finish / post it.

I has seen a coming soon take 6 months. its nothing more than a way to get you to wait for something instead of buying something you can get now.
    If you believe, with no OS7 compatible Theme Builder, that it's laziness that slows the process, I have a suggestion. Let's have you manually build a theme people like and that is relatively or completely bug free. Since, from your statements, you're not lazy, we ought to see one from you very soon.
    02-27-12 11:46 PM

ya, I certainly should get off my "lazy" and finish it...oh wait, I did...three weeks ago...

but, I suppose you COULD get it now...if YOU were to get off your "lazy" and build one yourself
    02-28-12 02:03 AM
    I might have started the thread, but I certainly don't agree with the 'lazy' comment. I think its out of place and inaccurate. I appreciate the work the theme-builders are doing for us, often for free. The primary 'fault' and cause of irritation would be RIM, who can't get their act together and produce a theme-builder for OS7.

As a matter of interest, could someone enlighten us as to roughly how long it takes to build a theme (without a theme-builder)?
    02-28-12 07:23 AM
    best explanation of "soon" -> Soon - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
    kraski likes this.
    03-08-12 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD