We all know by now that TB7 probably won't be released. However, certain theme developers have found a way to hand code themes using simulators and TB6 to come up with some fabulous creations.
    BUT....have you noticed, that most of these are for the 99xx? Reason being there seems to be far more interest from 99xx users around here. Just looking at the different threads and activity can tell you that.

I for one, love having different themes and customizing my Torch. If you do too, we need to show more support for these developers that are taking the time to make them. IF they saw more of an interest, they would make 9810 versions as well and would be worth their effort (Torch models are a lot harder to make), and they would make them faster.

So please, from one fellow theme junkie to another, let's show some love to the developers, buy/donate for their themes - most are only $2-3, and let's get this theme section buzzing and hopping!

We've got a few good ones released, but we need more - Just like our Bold friends

Thanks, and
    Cheers!
    gritsinct, eliirodz and troshs like this.
    07-23-12 11:30 AM
    We all know by now that TB7 probably won't be released. However, certain theme developers have found a way to hand code themes using simulators and TB6 to come up with some fabulous creations.
    BUT....have you noticed, that most of these are for the 99xx? Reason being there seems to be far more interest from 99xx users around here. Just looking at the different threads and activity can tell you that.

I for one, love having different themes and customizing my Torch. If you do too, we need to show more support for these developers that are taking the time to make them. IF they saw more of an interest, they would make 9810 versions as well and would be worth their effort (Torch models are a lot harder to make), and they would make them faster.

So please, from one fellow theme junkie to another, let's show some love to the developers, buy/donate for their themes - most are only $2-3, and let's get this theme section buzzing and hopping!

We've got a few good ones released, but we need more - Just like our Bold friends

Thanks, and
    Cheers!
    yes , I have noticed we don't seen to get the theme love that other phones do. I bought themes for my 9810. Also when i see new themes up for other phones (by devs that made themes for 9810 before or if I just like a theme)- I ask about getting ones made for 9800 phones. Most of the time I do not get a response. Also they say coming soon but they have not shown up-so disappointing!!!!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    07-23-12 11:47 AM
    I'm with you in wanting more. More theme coders might mean more reasonably priced themes, too. An onsale price of $5 ($7 normally) is a little much.
    07-23-12 12:40 PM
    Agreed. The 9810s seem to get the short end of the stick on everything around here. I'm going to start waving a flag I think just so people know I'm here!
    hamsterwheel and eliirodz like this.
    07-24-12 03:10 PM
    Agreed. The 9810s seem to get the short end of the stick on everything around here. I'm going to start waving a flag I think just so people know I'm here!
    Troshs who? <he asks, running and ducking>
    hamsterwheel, troshs and eliirodz like this.
    07-24-12 03:17 PM
    yes seems we get themes made for ours last if at all-like jellyberry by drkapprentice I keep waiting not so patiently for this one to come our for our phone- this morning I noticed all the other phone version got this one

I wonder is it harder to do versions for the 9810
    07-25-12 10:45 AM
    I'm definitely trying to do my part by purchasing 9810 themes on a regular basis! I hope we start seeing more.
    07-25-12 11:51 AM
    I'm definitely trying to do my part by purchasing 9810 themes on a regular basis! I hope we start seeing more.
    As good as some of the premium themes are, theme builders are hampered by RIM's failure to release Theme Builder OS7. I seem to remember that there was a thread earlier this year that it was to be released in July, but I have a feeling it has been put on the back burner as RIM seeks to perfect the first iteration of BB10.

I keep waiting for that theme builder because I want a SuperTilt style theme for my 9810. I would pay the on sale price of $5 for that one, Kraski. In the meantime, it would seem that the 9810 poses some complex theme performance issues for those who are trying to use the work-around theme building process.
    Last edited by newcollector; 07-25-12 at 12:47 PM.
    07-25-12 12:44 PM
    08-02-12 01:37 AM
    got this one! great theme but thefont on menus to small
    08-02-12 09:13 AM
    i saw on one of my BB FB pages yesterday a conversation between OS7 user and a BB rep,and he absolutely promised that Theme Builder 7 is close to being released! i hope he was not just yanking our chain!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-02-12 02:37 PM
    i saw on one of my BB FB pages yesterday a conversation between OS7 user and a BB rep,and he absolutely promised that Theme Builder 7 is close to being released! i hope he was not just yanking our chain!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    hope this correct, we need theme builder 7 to be out NOW!!
    08-02-12 04:04 PM
    Thanks for the input all. I agree with all of you But, even with TB7 available, (if it releases) we still need more interest in themes. The more users buy, the more developers will WANT to make for the 9810. With or without TB7 the premise is the same. Sure it's harder and takes a few more days, but it can be done.

The few that have been released are awesome. But look at the activity within each post for that theme. Now look at the 99xx for the same. Granted there are probably more users with 99xx devices, especially here on CB.

But I'm sure we aren't the only ones that own a 9810

Either way, I hope to see more themes for the 9810
    08-02-12 04:46 PM
    Just so you guys know, it's not that we don't WANT to build for the 9810.
    If there were only ONE 9810 user, we would still build for it.

BUT, it is considerably more complicated than the 99xx, dual orientations being the most time consuming.

So, just be patient with us, if possible, all of the themes available for the 99xx will make it on the 9810

**a little noise on some of the posts wouldn't hurt either
    kraski and newcollector like this.
    08-03-12 05:09 AM
    Just so you guys know, it's not that we don't WANT to build for the 9810.
    If there were only ONE 9810 user, we would still build for it.

BUT, it is considerably more complicated than the 99xx, dual orientations being the most time consuming.

So, just be patient with us, if possible, all of the themes available for the 99xx will make it on the 9810

**a little noise on some of the posts wouldn't hurt either
    Thanks dc...
    Glad to hear it Hoping all other dev's feel like you
    ** this was one the initial reasons for this post - to get this place buzzing
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 08-03-12 at 07:05 AM.
    08-03-12 06:50 AM
    I'm also glad to hear that some more 99xx themes are being converted.

I do hope theme builder 7 becomes available soon because I hate the current situation of custom themes not being able to utilize folders... which I realize is not the fault of the theme builders.

I check this forum every day to see if any new theme is out that catches my eye, but I'll try to write more as well so that it's obvious I'm checking in.
    08-03-12 11:34 AM
    I'm also glad to hear that some more 99xx themes are being converted.

I do hope theme builder 7 becomes available soon because I hate the current situation of custom themes not being able to utilize folders... which I realize is not the fault of the theme builders.

I check this forum every day to see if any new theme is out that catches my eye, but I'll try to write more as well so that it's obvious I'm checking in.

Hate to say this...but, the devs I know that have access to the 'closed beta' of TB7 aren't able to show the icons in folders either
    mobi900 likes this.
    08-04-12 08:42 AM
    Hate to say this...but, the devs I know that have access to the 'closed beta' of TB7 aren't able to show the icons in folders either
    Well that definitely stinks! So hopefully you guys will keep coming up with awesome themes based on the default layout...

I'm happy with the default layout because I like to change themes and the look of my BB but I don't want to have to relearn/remember how a custom theme is laid out/hotspots/shortcuts/etc. I change themes every day or two and I'm getting old and my memory sucks
    08-06-12 10:05 AM
    Ive not seen no decent theme. Hate the trays i just dont know what they was thinking lol hurry the up wit this builder. Damnnnn its depressing.
    08-06-12 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD