07-18-11 10:46 AM
124 ... 345
tools
    I just noticed from the pictures above that the accept and the terminate call buttons are white instead of green and red. Will the device release this way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 07:11 AM
    I just noticed from the pictures above that the accept and the terminate call buttons are white instead of green and red. Will the device release this way?

I thought I read somewhere that all white keys is the direction they're going in with all new phones.

07-07-11 01:22 PM
    Dimensions are identical, sorry no additional keyboard area it is exactly the same as T1... Sorry for the white tape but RIM decided to print IMEI's on the case for test units..

PG
    Thanks, pg - I'm still so completely torn between this and the 9900. I was about 99% sold on the 9900, but now I'm slipping back into 50-50 territory. If all else fails, I'll just have to consult the ultimate authority on everything. No, not my wife -- the Magic 8-Ball!

07-07-11 01:28 PM
    Thanks, pg - I'm still so completely torn between this and the 9900. I was about 99% sold on the 9900, but now I'm slipping back into 50-50 territory. If all else fails, I'll just have to consult the ultimate authority on everything. No, not my wife -- the Magic 8-Ball!

It is a tough choice between the two depending on your preferences. I'm sure she'll let you know which one you may have.
    07-07-11 02:31 PM
    It is a tough choice between the two depending on your preferences. I'm sure she'll let you know which one you may have.
    She's gonna be in such a euphoric state by that time with her iPhone 5, she'd probably let me move to Utah, turn Mormon and take another much younger wife. And I still won't know which phone to get.

07-07-11 02:47 PM
    Hopefully you have your tongue planted firmly in your cheek. As CX stated, it is about personal preference and getting the device that meets your overall needs. I too am torn because the 9900 looks like a great one but T2 with the larger screen will be hard to give up.

07-07-11 09:00 PM
    I was pretty set on getting the Bold Touch until my fiancee jumped ship, gave up his Torch 1 and went to iphone. I took over his Torch from a Curve and while the keyboard is a bit flatter then I would prefer the screen size is really nice especially when reading websites. So I have become torn between the Bold Touch and the Torch 2. Either way I am buying it outright and finishing my last year of my contract to go month to month but not sure which to get. I guess I am going to have to wait until they are released and spend some time in the store playing with them both lol.

07-08-11 04:18 AM
    Hopefully you have your tongue planted firmly in your cheek. As CX stated, it is about personal preference and getting the device that meets your overall needs. I too am torn because the 9900 looks like a great one but T2 with the larger screen will be hard to give up.

Yes, quite firmly planted (especially if she's reading this). But yes, I'm in the same quandary as you and ms. Vee (and many others, I'm sure) over which one will best suit my needs. The two main reasons I went from the 9000 to the Torch were display size and browser. When I got he Torch, the first thing I missed was the Bold's keyboard... though since then I have gotten adequately comfortable with he Torch's. The browser comparison now is a non-issue, since they should both be pretty much the same. So it's really down to bigger display vs. better keyboard. Right now, at this second, on this T2 forum, holding my Torch in my hand, I'm leaning back toward the T2.

And for the second day in a row the button strip on my Torch is peeling up ... so the new one better get here soon!

meganVee likes this.
    07-08-11 09:55 AM
    Exclusive: BlackBerry Torch 2 gets detailed | BGR | Boy Genius Report

* 1.2GHz processor
    * Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    * Tri-band HSPA 14.4Mbps
    * 3.2-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive display
    * 8GB built-in memory
    * 512MB RAM
    * Bluetooth 2.1
    * GPS
    * NFC
    * 5-megapixel camera with flash
    * Magnetometer
    * Accelerometer
    * Proximity sensor
    * 1300 mAh battery
    * BlackBerry OS 6.1
    * OpenGL ES
    * 14.6mm thin
    Yes, it doesn't a dual core, but considering how happy I am with T1, let's not to forget HSPA 14.4Mbps!! It's going to be great!!

07-14-11 12:59 AM
    How long do you think we'll have to wait for the black version of the Torch 2?? I'm not really feeling the silver color.

07-17-11 10:54 AM
    I was pretty set on getting the Bold Touch until my fiancee jumped ship, gave up his Torch 1 and went to iphone. I took over his Torch from a Curve and while the keyboard is a bit flatter then I would prefer the screen size is really nice especially when reading websites. So I have become torn between the Bold Touch and the Torch 2. Either way I am buying it outright and finishing my last year of my contract to go month to month but not sure which to get. I guess I am going to have to wait until they are released and spend some time in the store playing with them both lol.

The screen realestate is perfect on the Torch thats what may make up my mind to go with the T2 instead of the 9900. The only downside its hard to find a case that works with the Torch brand.
    07-17-11 12:53 PM
    Yes, quite firmly planted (especially if she's reading this). But yes, I'm in the same quandary as you and ms. Vee (and many others, I'm sure) over which one will best suit my needs. The two main reasons I went from the 9000 to the Torch were display size and browser. When I got he Torch, the first thing I missed was the Bold's keyboard... though since then I have gotten adequately comfortable with he Torch's. The browser comparison now is a non-issue, since they should both be pretty much the same. So it's really down to bigger display vs. better keyboard. Right now, at this second, on this T2 forum, holding my Torch in my hand, I'm leaning back toward the T2.

And for the second day in a row the button strip on my Torch is peeling up ... so the new one better get here soon!

Can the 9900 do landscape and portrait? I'm with ya the T2 is ahead of the 9900 as of now. The keyboard I'm used to now coming from the 9650 and the screen size is perfect for me. And I'm really liking the new finish on the T2. Might have to retire the AGF Grt case
    07-17-11 12:56 PM
    [QUOTE=Vedran;6489242]How long do you think we'll have to wait for the black version of the Torch 2?? I'm not really feeling the silver color.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUO

I dont see them coming out in a black. More than likely it will be the silver one and the white.
    07-17-11 12:57 PM
    Have we confirmed what network this will be released on?

07-17-11 01:01 PM
    AT&T Since they have it locked in. For how long I dont know
    07-17-11 01:05 PM
    Yes, it doesn't a dual core, but considering how happy I am with T1, let's not to forget HSPA 14.4Mbps!! It's going to be great!!

The speed on the T1 compared to the 9650 is not even close. Very happy with the performance of the torch!
    07-17-11 01:07 PM
    I am already getting very excited about the T2..I've been a huge fan of the T1 since the day it was released..so I think it' safe to say that I will be staying with the Torch family..no complaints from me.
    07-17-11 01:29 PM
    If this phone doesn't come to t-mobile and we are only stuck with the 9900... I will keep mt 9780 until the QNX phones launch next year.

07-17-11 01:34 PM
    I am already getting very excited about the T2..I've been a huge fan of the T1 since the day it was released..so I think it' safe to say that I will be staying with the Torch family..no complaints from me.
    Just curious have you found a solid case for the torch? I'm using the agf grt right now but it effects the top row keys when typing. Just curious thanks. Really like the Torch and probably will be staying with the Torch family also
    07-17-11 04:37 PM
    Can the 9900 do landscape and portrait? I'm with ya the T2 is ahead of the 9900 as of now. The keyboard I'm used to now coming from the 9650 and the screen size is perfect for me. And I'm really liking the new finish on the T2. Might have to retire the AGF Grt case
    Why would you want to do that? The 9900's display is already kind of landscape (slightly wider than it is high), so what would be the benefit of going sideways, especially with the permanent keyboard there?

The T2 is still edging out the 9900 in my mind's never-ending struggle to decide which is the perfect BB. The candybar form factor with no slider has its appeal; but thinking back on my time with the 9000, I really wanted the bigger display size the Torch offered. The 9900 is only .2" larger diagonally than the 9000, so as nice as the 9900 looks, my biggest fear is that I'd be wanting for the larger display again if I go it. If the T2 is as fluid and responsive as the 9900, I'm pretty sure it won't disappoint.
    Last edited by 18to7fiddy; 07-17-11 at 05:45 PM.
    07-17-11 05:42 PM
    Just curious have you found a solid case for the torch? I'm using the agf grt right now but it effects the top row keys when typing. Just curious thanks. Really like the Torch and probably will be staying with the Torch family also
    I had the OB, which was decent for protection. Got tired of the bulk, and have been using the OEM leather holster. I, like others, experienced a lot of fraying and liner separation, but some spray adhesive and a scissor trim have kept me going for 6 months.
    07-17-11 05:54 PM
    Why would you want to do that? The 9900's display is already kind of landscape (slightly wider than it is high), so what would be the benefit of going sideways, especially with the permanent keyboard there?

The T2 is still edging out the 9900 in my mind's never-ending struggle to decide which is the perfect BB. The candybar form factor with no slider has its appeal; but thinking back on my time with the 9000, I really wanted the bigger display size the Torch offered. The 9900 is only .2" larger diagonally than the 9000, so as nice as the 9900 looks, my biggest fear is that I'd be wanting for the larger display again if I go it. If the T2 is as fluid and responsive as the 9900, I'm pretty sure it won't disappoint.
    True never really looked at that way in regaurds to the landscape mode. Just kinda of assumed that you can still rotate the screen by turning it sideways. I think us torch users would miss the bigger screen. Man its still a tough call but I'm with you that the T2 is still leading lol!
    07-17-11 07:11 PM
    I had the OB, which was decent for protection. Got tired of the bulk, and have been using the OEM leather holster. I, like others, experienced a lot of fraying and liner separation, but some spray adhesive and a scissor trim have kept me going for 6 months.
    Liner seperation from using the bulkier case? Otterbox is not all that great for the torch. Just curious if you have tried the Agf grt case it fits nicely but curious if I'm the only one that it bothers about typing on the top row keys?
    07-17-11 07:14 PM
    Liner seperation from using the bulkier case? Otterbox is not all that great for the torch. Just curious if you have tried the Agf grt case it fits nicely but curious if I'm the only one that it bothers about typing on the top row keys?
    No - the liner separation is a common pitfall with the OEM leather holster, and has nothing to do with the OB.

After I decided to ditch the OB I realized I much prefer no cover at all, and use just the holster. But it is dependent upon where I'm using my Torch. Back when I used the OB I was spending most of my days on construction sites, and needed the increased protection.

Ironically though, I found that using the OB actually caused me to drop the device pretty frequently. I used an old Bold 9000 clip holster from Best Buy - it was just the right size to use with the OB. However, the clip lever sticks out quite a bit and tends to get snagged on things, causing the phone to go sailing to the floor.
    07-18-11 10:46 AM
124 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD