I havent really had any beef with any Samsung products other than weak software support. Truly the only issues ive had is their support for phones. I remember my mom had an Instinct, and god damn that thing was horrific lol, i remember her asking me to fix it constantly. I told her to just get a blackberry (this was back when i was an avid BB fan) and she did.

There is a GPS fix app in the Marketplace, just search Samsung and it should pop up (its got like 2 stars...lol). It worked ONE time. Every other time, it just says GPS fix failed and keeps retrying. Maybe it will work for her.

Apparently the issues are all straightened out in Gingerbread, but this is Samsung were talking about so yeah lol
    Thanks, I appreciate. I'll check it out and hope for an OS update. It is a great device outside of that though.
    01-14-11 12:42 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate. I'll check it out and hope for an OS update. It is a great device outside of that though.
    i edited my post to include a link to a fix without downloading an app. It works and has been tested by numerous folks on XDA.

It truly is a shame that a great device is marred by bad support. Its why the Nexus line is important, but i wish everyone just took the Apple approach (MS is doing the same with WP7 and RIM with the Playbook) and strictly controlled the OS and updates.
    grover5 likes this.
    01-14-11 12:48 AM
    I appreciate the link. We'll give it a shot.
    01-14-11 12:53 AM
    Skidoo, try dealing with friends who take the mick out of me quite often for having a BlackBerry, and will flat out never use one no matter what you say. As stated elsewhere, and will continue to re-iterate it, I am locked into BlackBerry. So give me something to wow my friends. It's either this or the Torch 1 I'm getting, depending on whether I want a powerful device or a budget device. Because I love using RIM products, always have, and always will. I just want something that will make my friends stop effectively bullying me for it. Especially when it can drie me to the point I try to eat my phone (not a good idea btw)
    You and I are in different places in life from your post. I'm in a place where people are not allowed, and I don't have to put up with, being judgemental about my life style.

Having said that, my phone does not have to have the fastest processor, it just has to perform the tasks I want to perform, the way I want them performed.
    Blacklatino and lssanjose like this.
    01-14-11 09:43 AM
    but I"m not risking my life for that (yes, there is a good chance I will get murdered if I leave BlackBerry)
    Seriously? Murdered over a Blackberry? Ok, read the other response about your friends.....

Get new friends that you don't feel you need or have to impress. At this point, if you are not already "WOWED or a little wowed" by these specs for the upcoming Blackberries for release, chances are you may never get that effect. Why? By the time the future Blackberry "SuperPhones" hit the market in a year (....or longer), new devices will hit the market and those currently on the market will have upgraded(......or have refreshes,) several times as well. So the new specs may or may not be what you want whenever those future devices are released. The reality as the majority of us already know, this is as good as it is going to get with Blackberries.....for now- like it or not. I own multiple blackberries, but, my options are always open.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-14-11 at 11:39 AM.
    01-14-11 10:29 AM
    What the point in releasing a OS 6 device in Q3? Isn't its RIM's plan to release QNX on a mobile device in a couple of months after. This is already outdated on RIM's roadmap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 11:17 AM
    Knowing RIM QNX is another year off. OS6 will hold people over and string them along til QNX.

01-14-11 11:21 AM
    You and I are in different places in life from your post. I'm in a place where people are not allowed, and I don't have to put up with, being judgemental about my life style.

Having said that, my phone does not have to have the fastest processor, it just has to perform the tasks I want to perform, the way I want them performed.
    And isn't that all that REALLY matters? My archaic and obsolete 624 mhz Torch does what I want when I want and it's a lot of fun to ME. Will I thumb my nose at the same phone with a faster processor? Absolutely not. But I surely won't switch to a phone with better specs that doesn't do what I want as well as this one just because it has better specs. Already made that choice when I bought this one. No mattter what anybody else puts out (or what any of my friends think), it still does the job admirably. What more could I want.

Blacklatino likes this.
    01-14-11 12:52 PM
    All this hubbub over a "rumor" on a device. I sometimes wonder if someone in a blog somewhere or even over at RIM starts a rumor and just laughs at all the inane arguments over viability. Lord love a duck!

Like all manufacturers, RIM upgrades devices. They do it in proven incremental steps. Since none of us here is running a multi-billion dollar empire, the wisdom of lack of it in how RIM releases devices will be proven over time. I kind of like their business model. They have a strong world view, they are willing to take longer to do something right (witness the Playbook), and when they screw up they seem to work hard to make it right. RIM isn't perfect, but what company let alone what person is.

"I want what I want because I want it" seems to be the mantra of some. Guess what...you can't have everything. (No phone does everything perfectly) As an old coot close to retirement, all this seems kind of childish to me. Maybe its a matter of perspective. My Torch is incredible when I compare it to the first mobile phone I saw. My father-in-law had one. It was literally carried in a briefcase that plugged into the lighter...the phone components took up the whole briefcase. Talk about a bulky phone and all it did was make and receive calls!

If your image or your ego is tied to your phone, then you really do have some serious issues you need to address (the same as someone who thinks they are what they drive, they are what they wear, etc.) Remember this - it's a Phone. You have free will. Purchase something that meets your needs and get on with life.
    Blacklatino, Rickroller and buwee like this.
    01-14-11 02:12 PM
    BlackBerry OS always (or at least nearly always) work solid and reliably. Contrary to other manufactures the consumer/user is not the beta-tester... Therefore BlackBerry seems to be 'slow' in addapt innovation and technical progress. The consumer of iphone and other divices love the charakter of there gimmickry phones and purchase/buy them without the neccessary distance and critics... The pressure of the market force android and co to develope new phones in a very high frequency. And they earn a lot of money with it and makes this expensive game at least possible! BlackBerry will be always a step behind this gimmickry-phones, cause the try to stay serious and try to satisfy both claims: fashion here and solid pro-tec on the other side... The tendency to better performance with upgraded tec inside is the result of fashion and market-pressure, but it makes my mail-traffic not real faster... Sure, a "One-eye-perspective', but my opinion... The specs of the torch 2 could be offered since 1 year- no doubt about it... And in one year we will discuss about the torch 3 with 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Highdef-AMOLED-Display, DCbT (DeviceControlbyThoughts), nuclear-power-cell, RiD (RemoteiPhoneDetonator) and so on and we all will whine, cause of its slow release...:-)

01-15-11 03:59 AM
    the low screen rez really baffles me. storm 3 will be 800 by whatever and this?....2008 resolution lol. i think the torch2 will have the same rez as the storm3 by the time it comes out otherwise it's really an irrelevant phone in the 2011 line up. In fact i'd get rid of it all together. Now that there's gonna be a touchscreen bold, u don't need a torch. just a curve, a bold, a and a storm. Done. no?
    01-17-11 04:43 AM
    No. People want choices. I wouldn't get a Storm even if it were available on AT&T because I want a physical keyboard. And I want a bigger screen than the Bold or Apollo will have. That being said, I will probably also buy a Dakota for myself when my husband gets his and I will get the Apollo because I love the Curve keyboard. But having used the current Torch, which I love, I want them to continue the line because I love it for browsing.
    So....contrary to the complainers, whiners and haters, I'm a current Torch user who is not at all upset about the Torch 2, won't go complaining to get my money back or any such idiocy.
    Torch 2 sounds great and I can't wait for it. The little robots can go get their programming upgraded with new hate, for all I care.
    Looking forward to my Torch 2.

Last edited by Qbnkelt; 01-17-11 at 06:39 AM.
    jcp007, Masahiro and elphie28 like this.
    01-17-11 05:45 AM
    It would not matter if the T2 had a 2GHz quad-core processor with 1080 x 640 resolution, 2GB RAM, 32 GB onboard storage with a micro SD card capability, battery that would last 72 hours and a FLASH supported browser faster than any PC or laptop. You will always have people who are not satisfied and/or hate RIM and just love the flaming to read their own comments.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-17-11 12:36 PM
    It would not matter if the T2 had a 2GHz quad-core processor with 1080 x 640 resolution, 2GB RAM, 32 GB onboard storage with a micro SD card capability, battery that would last 72 hours and a FLASH supported browser faster than any PC or laptop. You will always have people who are not satisfied and/or hate RIM and just love the flaming to read their own comments.
    If that happened, I'd be like Apple and Android, time to face your doom. If those specs came out on a BB in 2012, I would die with happiness. Just the current devices seem a bit lack-lustre at times. Although yes, I love being able to work as fast as my iP3GS/HTC Wildfire friends. The Desire/iP4 works faster, but my Wildfire/iP3GS friends cannot taunt me for having a slow phone when it runs faster than theirs
    01-17-11 05:54 PM
    I'm trying to figure out if it has 8GB of built in memory.. Then that means no support for microsd cards right?

01-17-11 08:29 PM
    I'm trying to figure out if it has 8GB of built in memory.. Then that means no support for microsd cards right?

If THAT happens, the Torch2 will be regress in tech and a progress in foolishness... RIM will never make this kind of faults!!! Okay- some devices are accidents of taste, but Im sure, that a Torch 2 will support an 32 or 64 GB MicroSD!!!!
    01-18-11 07:03 AM
    there is no SD card slot on the PB. So it could happen, but i doubt it
    01-18-11 07:16 AM
    It would not make much sense that the T1 can support a 32GB card and have 36 GB total storage. The only way that the card capability would go away would be for the T2 to have at least 32GB onboard. As specs are still rumored, we will see but my guess is that the slot will be in the same place for the card on the T2.
    01-19-11 05:59 PM
    thanks for sharing
    02-20-11 04:00 AM
    tbh the battery of it is quite a put off.
    02-20-11 07:46 PM
    My T1 can get an average of at least 36 to 40 hours on a single charge. It can definitely make it through more than two days of hard use.
    02-20-11 08:23 PM
    Is the Touch 2 supposed to be able to be a hot spot like the new Bold?
    02-21-11 12:48 PM
    I think I read somewhere that Torch2 should have option to be a hot spot, but I guess we will have to wait and see official press release... Is there any idea when Thorch2 should be out?
    02-21-11 08:32 PM
    The current RUMOR is 2011 Q3.

02-22-11 06:25 AM
    That will be near ,,, since Q2 ended quite some time back. More specs means more expansive but than again need to check and see it once it is out ..
    05-12-11 02:57 AM
124 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD