07-18-11 10:46 AM
124 1234 ...
tools
    ** hum...

Look at all the naysayers bishing and moaning. Can't ever please you people.

This phone looks amazing!

You guys keep on keeping with your bad selves....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 04:31 PM
    Boldtothemax, I want a BlackBerry device that will make people jealous. Sure, I could just go to another company such as Android for that, but I"m not risking my life for that (yes, there is a good chance I will get murdered if I leave BlackBerry)
    01-13-11 04:38 PM
    Even if this device isn't released until Q3 it will still sell very well, as well as the current torch. That besides all the bashing when the specs orginally were published. It turned out to be a decent device with few complaints. Who cares about refresh. That is all the android phones are. They all have different size screens and different cameras but are all basically the same junk. The RAM seems a little light but other than that it should be an excellent device. But to maximize sales this needs to be released on TMO also and maybe a CDMA version. It should be another success for RIM.

Do you really thing RIM is trying to blow the socks off all the mobile device freeks. The dozens of fools here that automatically shoot something down because the battery is too small or the processor is .1 ghz too light arn't the target consumer. It is the everyday Joe Blow that buys a device to function. And this device other than a front facing camera should be able to do anything that any other device will.
    tgellr likes this.
    01-13-11 04:57 PM
    Skidoo, try dealing with friends who take the mick out of me quite often for having a BlackBerry, and will flat out never use one no matter what you say. As stated elsewhere, and will continue to re-iterate it, I am locked into BlackBerry. So give me something to wow my friends. It's either this or the Torch 1 I'm getting, depending on whether I want a powerful device or a budget device. Because I love using RIM products, always have, and always will. I just want something that will make my friends stop effectively bullying me for it. Especially when it can drie me to the point I try to eat my phone (not a good idea btw)
    01-13-11 05:02 PM
    Boldtothemax, I want a BlackBerry device that will make people jealous. Sure, I could just go to another company such as Android for that, but I"m not risking my life for that (yes, there is a good chance I will get murdered if I leave BlackBerry)
    Wow, lol! Hopefully you are trying to rick roll me, because if not, that is just sad...

01-13-11 05:52 PM
    Skidoo, try dealing with friends who take the mick out of me quite often for having a BlackBerry, and will flat out never use one no matter what you say. As stated elsewhere, and will continue to re-iterate it, I am locked into BlackBerry. So give me something to wow my friends. It's either this or the Torch 1 I'm getting, depending on whether I want a powerful device or a budget device. Because I love using RIM products, always have, and always will. I just want something that will make my friends stop effectively bullying me for it. Especially when it can drie me to the point I try to eat my phone (not a good idea btw)
    Apparently you were serious in regards to my post...

Dude, get some new friends or just brush it off. I mean It is a dam phone....sucks to see how the world is going in a death spiral and a lot has to do with gadgets. World used to be a better place...

01-13-11 05:58 PM
    Wow, lol! Hopefully you are trying to rick roll me, because if not, that is just sad...

Hey, I like Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up. So shut it (take note of the wink, I don't actually mind if you don't shut up)

Apparently you were serious in regards to my post...

Dude, get some new friends or just brush it off. I mean It is a dam phone....sucks to see how the world is going in a death spiral and a lot has to do with gadgets. World used to be a better place...

Yeah, but I give my iPhone using friends quite a bit of flak, in a jestful way. Not menacingly though, unlike some of these so called 'friends'.
    01-13-11 06:23 PM
    what the torch 3 details ?
    01-13-11 06:30 PM
    Yeah, I'm not seeing any phones matching the processor speed on this that are currently being sold and the 14.4 mbps is twice the galaxy s phones as well as nfc only being on one other phone in the US I believe. If you don't like it then that makes sense but suggesting the specs are so outdated for an august release seems like a stretch to me.
    This is a q3 2011 phone. Galaxy s released June 2010 here.

They're still using small screens and VGA resolution is still not Hood enough.

By the time this releases, the specs will be pretty bad and we all know this hardware will have a premium price attached to it.

01-13-11 09:36 PM
    Torch 2 is going to flop like Torch 1

Blackberry really doesn't have a clue now a days.
    01-13-11 09:44 PM
    Torch 2 is going to flop like Torch 1

Blackberry really doesn't have a clue now a days.
    Torch 1 is doing VERY well in Canada so I would hardly call it a flop. If anything all the Android phones are a flop because I don't see them selling very well here at all.
    01-13-11 10:59 PM
    Torch 1 is doing VERY well in Canada so I would hardly call it a flop. If anything all the Android phones are a flop because I don't see them selling very well here at all.
    The world is bigger than Canada.

And when people say "flop" they're *usually* using it as a relative term, not an absolute.

Canada has 1/10th the population of the United States, and about 60% that of the UK, so I'd even say Canadian sales aren't even a huge factor in the grand scheme of things...

At least not in the consumer market.
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-13-11 at 11:27 PM.
    01-13-11 11:23 PM

And when people say "flop" they're *usually* using it as a relative term, not an absolute.
    The world is bigger than the USA
    01-13-11 11:24 PM

Canada has 1/10th the population of the United States, and about 60% that of the UK, so I'd even say Canadian sales aren't even a huge factor in the grand scheme of things...

At least not in the consumer market.
    Mike L did say that BB is doing well in third world countries....eh
    01-13-11 11:28 PM
    Mike L did say that BB is doing well in third world countries....eh
    I wouldn't be too proud of the USA...At least we have jobs here, we are not bleeding in debt, we have money to buy what ever phone we want at full retail, we don't have buy 1 house get the second one for free etc. etc. LOL
    01-13-11 11:32 PM
    anyway I look at it, this isn't gonna win over anyone from the droids and the apples.

Perhaps the die-hard fans, (it seems like the ones who stuck with a storm1/2) will upgrade their BBs to this one in the third quarter of 2011, when it's gonna be an entirely different playing field, since neither droid nor apple just gonna sit and wait. So they must be extra strong and resist the temptation to switch to something else.

What I want to see is what the current torch owners (including myself) going to say about their phone 6 months from now, how will the test of time treat their slide phones, since essentially the torch2 is completely same on the outside and uses the same slide mechanics.
    01-13-11 11:35 PM
    Guys, come on! These are phones, nothing more, nor less. I remember someone saying a phone doesn't love you back. We don't need to bash each other's countries. Lay off!
    howarmat and tgellr like this.
    01-13-11 11:48 PM
    Only TWO dual core phones Atrix and LG Optimus 2X....
    Forgetting the Bionic are we, and Samsungs own announcement that their next Galaxy S devices will sport dual core and we'd be seeing them this year (right in time for that summer refresh with the iPhone), and they'd be showing us their roadmap come Valentines Day at Mobile World Congress.

Also, a pretty good rumor i heard coming from CES is that HTC would be using the dual core Snapdragon (stock clock speed is at 1.2ghz), and we could be seeing them around the summer time...perfect timing considering the Evo would be due for a refresh right about then.
    01-13-11 11:56 PM
    Guys, come on! These are phones, nothing more, nor less. I remember someone saying a phone doesn't love you back. We don't need to bash each other's countries. Lay off!
    I totally agree with you...I did not want to get into that because I do greatly respect our southern neigbors but when JD914 starts to refer to Canada as a "third world country" I just had to snap back. I just hope I never have to do this again.
    01-14-11 12:00 AM
    What's funny in all the hoopla regarding hardware specs is, the notion dual core vs. single core might become the smp vs uniprocessor debate of old: waste of power; expensive; not optimized; etc.
    01-14-11 12:00 AM
    Forgetting the Bionic are we, and Samsungs own announcement that their next Galaxy S devices will sport dual core and we'd be seeing them this year (right in time for that summer refresh with the iPhone), and they'd be showing us their roadmap come Valentines Day at Mobile World Congress.

Also, a pretty good rumor i heard coming from CES is that HTC would be using the dual core Snapdragon (stock clock speed is at 1.2ghz), and we could be seeing them around the summer time...perfect timing considering the Evo would be due for a refresh right about then.
    My girlfriend is still awaiting Samsung to deliver the promised 2.2 to her Vibrant...6 months later. Any rumors on that you can share? Sorry, I'm just saying, Samsung is not a very solid rumor mill. They are good at ripping people off though.
    01-14-11 12:01 AM
    My girlfriend is still awaiting Samsung to deliver the promised 2.2 to her Vibrant...6 months later. Any rumors on that you can share? Sorry, I'm just saying, Samsung is not a very solid rumor mill. They are good at ripping people off though.
    Considering that i own a Vibrant, i really cant disagree with you there. Samsung is pretty ******* sloppy and lazy when it comes to updates. Rumor has it that Sammy is purposely holding Froyo back on the Vibrant due to the Vibrant 4G coming out really soon. The leaked Froyo builds work pretty great, so im not sure what the official hold up is.

Pretty shady **** if you ask me, but i have come to accept that i cant rely on the carriers or OEM to really do whats best for the consumer (see Sony Ericsson with their Android f-up, and AT&T denying 8900/9000 OS5 just to sell new hardware). This is where i love Android, i'm in control of when i want updates.

Anyways, Samsung cant afford to not be on the dual core train with Android as they'll be stomped into oblivion quickly by other manufacturers. They were MIA with a comparable device to the Atrix or 2x or Bionic and had to do damage control quick by saying we'd be seeing the next gen of Galaxy S at MWC
    01-14-11 12:20 AM
    I've been an avid supporter of Samsung stuff but I've noticed things going a little quirky with them. For example, my sister's Plasma, and my plasma both had remotes without working power buttons. It took a uni remote to power on and off the TV remotely.

My samsung phones would typically get hot.

My Samsung printer wouldn't work properly in Linux, until I did something to rectify it. I think I had to install CUPS, and set it up through there.
    01-14-11 12:22 AM
    Considering that i own a Vibrant, i really cant disagree with you there. Samsung is pretty ******* sloppy and lazy when it comes to updates. Rumor has it that Sammy is purposely holding Froyo back on the Vibrant due to the Vibrant 4G coming out really soon. The leaked Froyo builds work pretty great, so im not sure what the official hold up is.

Pretty shady **** if you ask me, but i have come to accept that i cant rely on the carriers or OEM to really do whats best for the consumer (see Sony Ericsson with their Android f-up, and AT&T denying 8900/9000 OS5 just to sell new hardware). This is where i love Android, i'm in control of when i want updates.

Anyways, Samsung cant afford to not be on the dual core train with Android as they'll be stomped into oblivion quickly by other manufacturers. They were MIA with a comparable device to the Atrix or 2x or Bionic and had to do damage control quick by saying we'd be seeing the next gen of Galaxy S at MWC
    That's true. This is way off topic and in that sense not appropriate but the phone is very good for her, we got the extended battery to help with battery life, but...do you have any advice on how to make the gps work without rooting? If not that's cool, I am just really frustrated trying to fix that and she prefers not to root it.
    01-14-11 12:25 AM
    I've been an avid supporter of Samsung stuff but I've noticed things going a little quirky with them. For example, my sister's Plasma, and my plasma both had remotes without working power buttons. It took a uni remote to power on and off the TV remotely.

My samsung phones would typically get hot.

My Samsung printer wouldn't work properly in Linux, until I did something to rectify it. I think I had to install CUPS, and set it up through there.
    I havent really had any beef with any Samsung products other than weak software support. Truly the only issues ive had is their support for phones. I remember my mom had an Instinct, and god damn that thing was horrific lol, i remember her asking me to fix it constantly. I told her to just get a blackberry (this was back when i was an avid BB fan) and she did.

That's true. This is way off topic and in that sense not appropriate but the phone is very good for her, we got the extended battery to help with battery life, but...do you have any advice on how to make the gps work without rooting? If not that's cool, I am just really frustrated trying to fix that and she prefers not to root it.
    There is a GPS fix app in the Marketplace, just search Samsung and it should pop up (its got like 2 stars...lol). It worked ONE time. Every other time, it just says GPS fix failed and keeps retrying. Maybe it will work for her.

Apparently the issues are all straightened out in Gingerbread, but this is Samsung were talking about so yeah lol

Edit: heres a link to a fix Gps fix 101 - xda-developers
    Last edited by devildrifterX; 01-14-11 at 12:42 AM.
    01-14-11 12:37 AM
124 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD