* Magnetometer
    * Accelerometer
    * Proximity sensor
    * 1300 mAh battery
    * BlackBerry OS 6.1
    * OpenGL ES
    * 14.6mm thin
    01-13-11 01:28 PM
    late q3 release!! so i guess we wont be seeing qnx in our phones untill 2012
    01-13-11 01:32 PM
    1300mAh battery?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i guess i should be happy that RIM is slowly catching up to the competition, but this is what the Torch should have been to begin with
    01-13-11 01:33 PM
    1300mAh battery?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    HAHA! even the 3 year old Bolds have a better battery!

The device is not out and i'm already not interested
    01-13-11 01:35 PM
    I think its a great addition to the Torch line. My Torch is responsive and with the improvements, this should be an awesome phone. I would go for it when I am eligible for an upgrade.
    01-13-11 01:36 PM
    HAHA! even the 3 year old Bolds have a better battery!

The device is not out and i'm already not interested
    Its sad isn't it? If this is what the 9800 should have been, it could've done a **** of a lot better against the iPhone and other Android devices. 7 Months ago, this device would have been something special.

A Q3 release date isn't very good imho, thats right around the time Apple drops their new iPhone and Android devices will have already hit the market with dual core, putting RIM once again behind the curve.

The only redeeming factor is this will probably be a hit amongst current BlackBerry users, and agitate the **** out current 9800 owners (expect i demand an early upgrade, RIM blows ****, F U RIM, this is what the 9800 should have been threads in the 9800 section...its gonna be ******* ugly, like the Storm was in its day).

Heres hoping devs take advantage of WebWorks to make games that work for both the Playbook and this device
    01-13-11 01:46 PM
    Aftermarket batteries will eventually follow suit to add extra juice for the heavy user out there. Bold's got 'em, higher ones coming up too! 3600. MAh is here, just waiting for the cheap ones from china! (Legit aftermarket ones that is, not fakes)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:47 PM
    late q3 release!! so i guess we wont be seeing qnx in our phones untill 2012
    We have known this for a while...

Specs look good, should be what the torch was originally though.

Hopefully the q3 release is because the Os6 torch is already out so they don't want to release a device so soon after.
    Looking forward to the monacco (storm3) to come soon to verizon (hopefully end q1/early q2)
    01-13-11 01:51 PM
    Exclusive: BlackBerry Torch 2 gets detailed | BGR | Boy Genius Report

* 1.2GHz processor * Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    * Tri-band HSPA 14.4Mbps
    * 3.2-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive display
    * 8GB built-in memory
    * 512MB RAM * Bluetooth 2.1
    * GPS
    * NFC
    * 5-megapixel camera with flash
    * Magnetometer
    * Accelerometer
    * Proximity sensor
    * 1300 mAh battery
    * BlackBerry OS 6.1
    * OpenGL ES
    * 14.6mm thin
    1,2GHz? I cant believe that this is true!
    Mike Lazaridis said, that we will never see up 1,0GHz on a BB device! They rather take dual core!!

And 512MB? How does this fit?
    I mean, the Dakota shall get 768MB RAM - that should be the min. for the "super Torch".... Huh?

Maybe someone is fooling us?
    01-13-11 01:51 PM
    Aftermarket batteries will eventually follow suit to add extra juice for the heavy user out there. Bold's got 'em, higher ones coming up too! 3600. MAh is here, just waiting for the cheap ones from china! (Legit aftermarket ones that is, not fakes)

Yeah but you would atleast expect a decent battery from the OEM. While Android manufacturers arent a shining star, atleast the baseline is 1500mAh, which you can argue isnt enough.

Hopefully itll have a bigger battery in it, since after all its nothing but rumors and unsubstantiated atm.
    01-13-11 01:54 PM
    1,2GHz? I cant believe that this is true!
    Mike Lazaridis said, that we will never see up 1,0GHz on a BB device! They rather take dual core!!

And 512MB? How does this fit?
    I mean, the Dakota shall get 768MB RAM - that should be the min. for the "super Torch".... Huh?

Maybe someone is fooling us?
    winner! i would like to see a BB with these type of specs but with QNX and LTE

QNX or GTFO!
    01-13-11 02:00 PM
    RIM is a joke. All they have is refreshes. They put out crap products (i.e. the Tour and the Torch) and then eventually release outdated "refreshes" of what the phone should have been in the first place.
    01-13-11 02:01 PM
    Again, these are just rumors..
    01-13-11 02:13 PM
    That's funny...there is no dual core phone out...no release dates ...just announcements....since when a1.2 ghz CPU is whack ?..lol the iPhone is 900mhz...lol....open gl....this is a great phone and the specs are awesome...and let's give 6.1 a chance.....and this torch2 is AT&T 4g hspa not lte....apple said yesterday let is no where it should be for us to make a phone lte...I ll give rim some credit ...
    01-13-11 02:14 PM
    Yeah, I'm not seeing any phones matching the processor speed on this that are currently being sold and the 14.4 mbps is twice the galaxy s phones as well as nfc only being on one other phone in the US I believe. If you don't like it then that makes sense but suggesting the specs are so outdated for an august release seems like a stretch to me.
    01-13-11 02:37 PM
    No doubt that this is promising. But the lack of QNX is my biggest concern. BB6/BB6.1 are stop gaps.

Of course is BB6 runs well on a Torch or Bold 9700 then it shoul dbe smoking hot on these devices.
    01-13-11 02:39 PM
    I hope that RIM will upgrade the physical keyboard while they are making other improvements to the Torch 2. The current Torch lacks the nice glossy finish and snap to the keys as on the Bold 9700.

Does RIM pay any attention to these posts? Even though I am a BlackBerry owner I consider them an arrogant company that has fallen behind the competition.
    01-13-11 02:39 PM
    RIM is very environmentally friendly. They recycle better than any of the other companies. That has to count for something!!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-13-11 02:47 PM
    6.1 might impress you more than u think
    01-13-11 03:05 PM
    this phone would of been good a year ago. But it's already out of date and it's not out yet
    Agreed. howarmat and Matrix Leader both summed it up for me. QNX or...and not released yet and already not interested (in getting it).

But thank you for posting the information, OP! I'll be following the BlackBerry news closely!

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-13-11 at 03:17 PM.
    01-13-11 03:12 PM
    6.1 might impress you more than u think
    The hour glass will be spinning for 10 to 20 seconds less? I'm sorry, but there was all the hoopla surrounding OS6, only to find it wasn't as big a leap from 5, to 6. When I think of 6 to 6.1, I think mainly bug fixes - hardly anything noteworthy.
    01-13-11 03:16 PM
    Yeah, I'm not seeing any phones matching the processor speed on this that are currently being sold and the 14.4 mbps is twice the galaxy s phones as well as nfc only being on one other phone in the US I believe. If you don't like it then that makes sense but suggesting the specs are so outdated for an august release seems like a stretch to me.
    I know you couldn't have forgotten all the stuff coming out that was shown at CES just a week ago. Remember all those dual core Android devices? Yeah, they'll be out to play with this bad boy when it hits the market.

Anyways, while this device has good specs, they are good specs for now...as in if the phone was out RIGHT NOW.

If the device does drop around the initial 9800 launch, that would put it squarely right after the iPhone 5 launch, and a budget $99 iPhone 4 with specs comparable to this rumored device.That also places this phone after the Galaxy S refresh which im sure will be packing Samsungs Super AMOLED Plus, and of course the dual core Orion processor, which is going to absolutely destroy the Tegra 2 and OMAP4430. And those phones im suspecting will be packing next gen radios for LTE/HSPA+

Still, dont get me confused the hardware is a much needed boost that arguably should have been there last August but thats RIM for ya. Like i said in another post, the gap between this rumored refresh and the current 9800 would be miles apart in performance.

BlackBerry fanatics will gobble this up like no tomorrow. Everyone else, i cant say for sure.
    01-13-11 04:01 PM
    I know you couldn't have forgotten all the stuff coming out that was shown at CES just a week ago. Remember all those dual core Android devices? Yeah, they'll be out to play with this bad boy when it hits the market.

Anyways, while this device has good specs, they are good specs for now...as in if the phone was out RIGHT NOW.

If the device does drop around the initial 9800 launch, that would put it squarely right after the iPhone 5 launch, and a budget $99 iPhone 4 with specs comparable to this rumored device.That also places this phone after the Galaxy S refresh which im sure will be packing Samsungs Super AMOLED Plus, and of course the dual core Orion processor, which is going to absolutely destroy the Tegra 2 and OMAP4430. And those phones im suspecting will be packing next gen radios for LTE/HSPA+

Still, dont get me confused the hardware is a much needed boost that arguably should have been there last August but thats RIM for ya. Like i said in another post, the gap between this rumored refresh and the current 9800 would be miles apart in performance.

BlackBerry fanatics will gobble this up like no tomorrow. Everyone else, i cant say for sure.
    Only TWO dual core phones Atrix and LG Optimus 2X....
    01-13-11 04:12 PM
    And don't forget the refreshes of those Android devices, and the refreshes of those, with the rate RIM comes out with them.

Outdated, even if it had been released 2 years ago.

Correction, $99 with specs BETTER by a mile than this rumoured device. My mum has an iP4 and it certainly functions better than this thing ever will.

It's not a much needed boost, because it ISN'T ENOUGH. It fails, and will be DOA, and then some!

I'll be one of them, because it's the only series of phones I'm allowed to use because of my accessories, and I would be killed if I got an incompatible phone. Either this or Torch 1 for me, as Torch 1 will become budget.
    01-13-11 04:14 PM
    OK so they up the specs to what they should have been from the beginning.

Let's pray that this is a device released to a couple more providers in the US and not just ATT.

It would be a tough sell between this and the dakota for me - hopefully one or both of them drop on TMO. I wont switch carriers for a phone...unless RIM wants to pick up my monthly bill.
    01-13-11 04:22 PM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD